• 19(current)
[WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way
Anyone in here is using PowerDVD as external Player for Bluray Playback?

My Problem is, if i use the reg file (or any reg file) to use the MCE Remote with XBMC, PowerDVD control via Remote Control is unpossible. All keys on the Remote are not functioning under PowerDVD then. If i reset to the default MCE Settings everything is fine with PowerDVD and/or Windows Media Center Disc Playback control via the remote, but then XBMC is not having all funtionality.

If i understand this right, using keyboard.xml from XBMC, it should be possible to use the standard MCE registry settings and map the keys via the keyboard.xml ?!

Anyone could help me with this? There must be more people using PowerDVD as external Player and using a Remote Control. Using Mouse and/or keyboard is not women or child compatible Smile
neutron666 Wrote:Anyone in here is using PowerDVD as external Player for Bluray Playback?

My Problem is, if i use the reg file (or any reg file) to use the MCE Remote with XBMC, PowerDVD control via Remote Control is unpossible. All keys on the Remote are not functioning under PowerDVD then. If i reset to the default MCE Settings everything is fine with PowerDVD and/or Windows Media Center Disc Playback control via the remote, but then XBMC is not having all funtionality.

If i understand this right, using keyboard.xml from XBMC, it should be possible to use the standard MCE registry settings and map the keys via the keyboard.xml ?!

Anyone could help me with this? There must be more people using PowerDVD as external Player and using a Remote Control. Using Mouse and/or keyboard is not women or child compatible Smile

I might not be able to help you because it aint solely related to XBMC. "You want a working setup for PowerDVD and XBMC", this is not the aim of this thread therefore please create another thread with your detailed problem, then if I have extra time on my hands I will try to help. But again, not in this thread please as I explained here.

Regards,
EG.
elitegamer360 Wrote:I might not be able to help you because it aint solely related to XBMC.

To be fair, his problem is a direct result of your REG script.

Yes, neutron666, if you add these registry settings, then your other programs will lose the ability to use a remote. This regedit method is good, but only if you solely use XBMC.

I have also lost remote use in my other media players, but thankfully I use XBMC most of the time now.
neutron666 Wrote:Anyone in here is using PowerDVD as external Player for Bluray Playback?

The default settings for the MS remote generate a mishmash of input including emulated keystrokes, WM_APPCOMMAND messages and WM_INPUT messages. Microsoft publish keyboard equivalents for all actions, e.g. the shortcut for Play is ctrl-shift-P, and MCERemote configures the remote to use these shortcuts. That means your remote will continue to work with Windows Media Center. Actually a lot of the cheap MCE remotes just send the keyboard shortcuts.

Presumably PowerDVD doesn't recognise the MS keyboard shortcuts. Try pressing ctrl-shift-P on the keyboard and see if PowerDVD recognises it as "Play".

You could configure the remote to send the MS Media Keyboard keypresses. All the info you need is at http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Usi...ND_message though it would be a bit of a faff. If you configure the remote in this way it will end up generating WM_APPCOMMAND messages because Windows intercepts the media keypress and converts it to an APPCOMMAND. The APPCOMMANDs work in XBMC, though you can't fine tune the action because there there is no APPCOMMAND equivalent of keyboard.xml, and I'd guess they will work in PowerDVD.

JR
Thanks for the answers. In respect of the thread/forum rules i moved my Question to :

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=88912

Maybe you guys can follow there. Thanks.
neutron666 Wrote:Thanks for the answers. In respect of the thread/forum rules i moved my Question to :

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=88912

Maybe you guys can follow there. Thanks.

Thank you for your understanding, see my reply in your thread :-).

EG.
my remote works almost as i want it, thank you elitegamer for your hard work. But i have one question...
Ï have configured the green win button according your guide to start xbmc, is it possible to use the win button in xbmc to goto xbmc home screen,
i guess this is the same function as "clear" button.
I am used to do this in mce and i am pressing the win button all the time to goto home screen Nerd
Maybe it is easier to config another button for starting xbmc but i am a bit new to this and i guess i have to make another ahk script then.

I also want to reconfigure the power button back to the default one, i want my PC to goto hibernate when pressing the power button.
I tried ALT+F4 but this only shutdown xbmc, i want to get the PC to hibernate.
How can i do this?

I answer my own question... i edited your script 1.24 to update the registry with the original (first) code.
I guess all codes in the first comment column are the original codes.
sajberman Wrote:my remote works almost as i want it, thank you elitegamer for your hard work. But i have one question...
Ï have configured the green win button according your guide to start xbmc, is it possible to use the win button in xbmc to goto xbmc home screen,
i guess this is the same function as "clear" button.
I am used to do this in mce and i am pressing the win button all the time to goto home screen Nerd
Maybe it is easier to config another button for starting xbmc but i am a bit new to this and i guess i have to make another ahk script then.

You are welcome :-) btw you are asking too much of the poor Green start button Laugh, I do not claim I am an Autohotkey coding expert but I'm learning whenever I can :-)

I was playing with the autohotkey script but its rather difficult for my humble knowledge and limited research time. I think the easiest way is to set another button to go to the home screen, For example if you want "Ctrl-Alt-a" to do it then edit keyboard.xml use this <a mod="ctrl,alt">ActivateWindow(home)</a> in the <global> sub section and you will be good or just use the Clear button. If you want to use any of the remote buttons just use shownkey to find out what it sends or look in my reg config every key has its listed function against it. Anyways I will keep this in mind and I hope I'll find a good way to do it.

sajberman Wrote:I also want to reconfigure the power button back to the default one, i want my PC to goto hibernate when pressing the power button.
I tried ALT+F4 but this only shutdown xbmc, i want to get the PC to hibernate.
How can i do this?

I answer my own question... i edited your script 1.24 to update the registry with the original (first) code.
I guess all codes in the first comment column are the original codes.

This has been covered so many times in this thread but does not harm to list it again :-) If you look at my Remote Remapping Options page the first picture does have the reg code to send PC to sleep.

Anyways just edit the reg file that you are currently using and look for the [Power] replace the code listed aginst it with this one instead.
0c,00,00,00,03,82,00 save, double click to apply then restart your PC. Now the power button should send your PC to Sleep.

See this wiki it has every button combination we ever know until this very day. the Power button functions listed under Byte 4 = 03: Raw Input messages

Cheers,
EG.
Thanx elitegamer360 for your support, i know that you have to answer the same questions over and over for us noobs and i do appreciate it alot.
I will spend the weekend testing some button remapping but i am really happy with most of the functions in your script and xml file.
I just wanted to say a huge "thanks" elitegamer360.

Your work here has made my HTPC 1) less complicated and 2) easier to use.

Not only are your updates easy to work with, they're also easy to modify and tweak should you need.

Good work.

--
Craig.
I am pleased you guys are happy, just trying to provide a service so no one suffers like I did. Thank you all :-)

Cheers,
EG.
hello all.

i have xbmc running on windows 7 64 bit system
i've followed the the instructions found in this thread and installed the .ahk script with autohotkey to start xbmc.

i'm using a harmony 880 as the remote for my system. i often get this message when starting xbmc ... "xbmc startup timed out"

what causes this? any help appreciated
moosenoz Wrote:hello all.

i have xbmc running on windows 7 64 bit system
i've followed the the instructions found in this thread and installed the .ahk script with autohotkey to start xbmc.

i'm using a harmony 880 as the remote for my system. i often get this message when starting xbmc ... "xbmc startup timed out"

what causes this? any help appreciated

This message is displayed when XBMC fails to load in 5 seconds, then the script stops "times out" because your system can not launch XBMC in less than 5 seconds, the script either times out or detect that XBMC is running.

If XBMC takes more than 5 seconds to launch on your system then make note of how long it takes then edit the script in notepad and change the value you see from "5" to whatever you recorded in this line: WinWait,XBMC,,5 ;wait for 5 seconds for it

EDIT: save and Reload Script.

Cheers,
EG.
thanks for the help elitegamer. i'll make those changes
I got the the MCE remote working fine.

I got two monitors, when I goto the non XBMC monitor, the remote doesn't control XBMC.

How do I only send the IR to only to XBMC?
  • 19(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way15