• 20(current)
[WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way
Paulpoco Wrote:I got the the MCE remote working fine.

I got two monitors, when I goto the non XBMC monitor, the remote doesn't control XBMC.

How do I only send the IR to only to XBMC?

You need to bring back focus to XBMC by using the Green Start button, are you using the Green start button method on my site? But If you are talking about sending IR signals to XBMC when it's out of focus then that is not possible with pure registry setup. Like for example you are using XBMC and some one else using the other monitor to browse the web, then registry setup is not for you, you need to use helper applications like Eventghost.

Cheers,
EG.
I was wondering if the HP mini remote is compatible with this. Its the one that comes in the express card slot. When I look under device manager it come up as "HP Remote Control HID Device"
Hi, I bought an RC6 remote from Maplins earlier this week - it worked fine with my setup. Last night it suddenly stopped working, i'm pulling my hair out trying to figure out whats happened?

Can anyone advise?
Chaoticjacket Wrote:I was wondering if the HP mini remote is compatible with this. Its the one that comes in the express card slot. When I look under device manager it come up as "HP Remote Control HID Device"

If you mean this remote It is not compatible with my setup but it works with XBMC, I think you might be able to remap it's buttons to send keyboard presses except the single "Play/pause" button will require you to set it an IR signal for it to work, you can try my setup anyways but you gona have to add this code to the reg file so play/pause can work.

6e,00,00,00,01,cd,00

Edit: we had a discussion about it in another thread last month and a month or two I discovered all the additional IR codes that people did not realise they existed or they might know but did not know how to extract that information, any ways you do not need this info but it's now somewhere in my thread and can be found easily in the wiki link in my remote setup page.

Cheers,
EG.
stevepoon Wrote:Hi, I bought an RC6 remote from Maplins earlier this week - it worked fine with my setup. Last night it suddenly stopped working, i'm pulling my hair out trying to figure out whats happened?

Can anyone advise?

Weird, is it the same as mine! Does the IR receiver red light blink when you press a button on your remote? Did you check that the IR is positioned in a good place to receive your signals? Check the receiver if the red light is constantly on that means your pc is doing something with it! You need to unplugit and plug it back again. If the receiver or remote red light does not turn on then you might have a faulty product, Maplin is Greate they will replace it for you with a new one :-)

Regards,
EG.
elitegamer360 Wrote:Weird, is it the same as mine! Does the IR receiver red light blink when you press a button on your remote? Did you check that the IR is positioned in a good place to receive your signals? Check the receiver if the red light is constantly on that means your pc is doing something with it! You need to unplugit and plug it back again. If the receiver or remote red light does not turn on then you might have a faulty product, Maplin is Greate they will replace it for you with a new one :-)

Regards,
EG.

Hi,

Just popped into another USB port and the reciver flashes now but no response to the programs Sad Aaaaaarghh!!!
stevepoon Wrote:Hi,

Just popped into another USB port and the reciver flashes now but no response to the programs Sad Aaaaaarghh!!!

I would recommend that you connect it directly to the motherboard rear USB port, do not use front or side case ports. Then restart your PC and then go to your PC's device manager see if it's recognised properly so no issues with it, if there is an issue you should see a yellow triangle against it with an Exclamation mark in the middle.

Just make sure that it's ok in the device manager first, then try with your remote if no go then try in another PC or laptop just to make sure, because I've seen this issue in the past when your PC do not have enough power to power the USB connected devices tend to fail and all because an ageing Or faulty PSU.

Edit: I am not suggesting that there is anything wrong with your PC but to rule it out of the equation you need to test the receiver and remote on another PC or Laptop, if it works then something happened to your PC that stopped your remote from working correctly.

Cheers,
EG.
Its been a while since my last reg update because I've achieved my goal of having a full functional remote in XBMC, that I would only dream of having just a year ago from now Laugh

Anyways, the next upcoming update is a major overhaul of the reg file and Keyboard.xml. I want every key on my remote to send a compatible Windows Media Center keyboard shortcut, not because I love WMC or that I use it.

Infact I do not even touch WMC, but lately I've been testing some keys in the Keyboard.xml and I feal they're not suitble for future XBMC out of the box use, so I thought I would revise all the buttons in the reg file and assign them with the correct WMC keyboard shortcut, then I will post an updated stripped down keyboard.xml to only support XBMC 10.0 and future releases.

I'm thinking of removing Camelot support because honstly there are no activity in there, I will keep an eye on it then I'll make a decision later :-) or I just might leave it Huh.

I will also bring some of the most features requested here so that people will not have to go and do the mods themselves. I will try to include some new keys so that new remotes like the HP HDX will work stright away no mods needed, also I'll bring 3 revisions of my reg file, they will support additional Power button functions like opening the Shutdown menu in XBMC, you will be able to choose one for "Sleep/Hybernate, Wake" or "Shutdown". It will be interesting to findout which one hits the most popular downloaded file Big Grin

any suggestions let me know, I'm still working on this stuff and not sure when I'm gona release them Big Grin

Cheers,
EG.
I followed the instructions in this guide successfully. However, lately when I press the green button it occasionally starts Windows Media Centre. This doesn't happen all the time (it only happens when XBMC hasn't been started after a reboot.

I updated Windows 7 three weeks ago. Could that have caused this issue or is there a way I can check to see what's causing this?
silvine Wrote:I followed the instructions in this guide successfully. However, lately when I press the green button it occasionally starts Windows Media Centre. This doesn't happen all the time (it only happens when XBMC hasn't been started after a reboot.

I updated Windows 7 three weeks ago. Could that have caused this issue or is there a way I can check to see what's causing this?

No, updating windows should not be the cause I think.

1- What remote are you using? Does it use the ehome driver?
2- What Version of Windows 7 are using? Is it x64 or x32?
3- how do you usually start XBMC after a reboot? So after a reboot when you start XBMC and then close it, did you attempt to start it again? Does the green start button work normally after the first exit of XBMC?
4- which way did you setup the Green start button to launch XBMC? Are using the latest Green start button Autohotkey method.
5- did you lately upgrade to config.v1.24 but you Haven't followed the new green start button method?
6- Give me brief specs about your PC, CPU, GPU, RAM!

Cheers,
EG.
Log file here: http://pastebin.com/YzUqyMAz

I am using Windows 7 64 bit on an Acer Revo 3600, Nvidia. I posted a while back in this thread, you helped me customise certain buttons.

XBMC is in a my login items as are the keymap files.

The remote doesn't use that eHome driver.

The green button is designed to start XBMC. I set it up and downloaded files from your stie at the start of December.
silvine Wrote:Log file here: http://pastebin.com/YzUqyMAz

I am using Windows 7 64 bit on an Acer Revo 3600, Nvidia. I posted a while back in this thread, you helped me customise certain buttons.

XBMC is in a my login items as are the keymap files.

The remote doesn't use that eHome driver.

The green button is designed to start XBMC. I set it up and downloaded files from your stie at the start of December.

I had to go a couple of threads back to remember :-)

I had a quick look at your debug log but it does not unveil anything specific! You have so many errors and warnings it's very distracting. Anyways do not put files in your XBMC keymaps folder it will be detected by xbmc and if it cannot be read, it will report an error! I saw in the debug log keymap 1.76 that should be renamed to keyboard.xml or if you have your proper keyboard.xml then remove all extra or backup files to another location.

Any ways back to the subject, please at least answer these questions so I can help you :-)

1- did you use the x64 autohotkey script on my site? Did you put it in the windows startup folder for all users? If you did not do it and activate the script then Green start button will not work like it should!
2- can you please use Showkey to double check what your Green Start button sends?

Cheers,
EG.
Here's what ShowKey reveals when I press start: <key id="61457" mod="ctrl,alt">Notification(Key, key id="61457", 3)</key>

I just placed it in the startup folder for my login, which I run XBMC under. It's the x64 version.
silvine Wrote:Here's what ShowKey reveals when I press start: <key id="61457" mod="ctrl,alt">Notification(Key, key id="61457", 3)</key>

I just placed it in the startup folder for my login, which I run XBMC under. It's the x64 version.

Thank you.

Can you please use the "MCERemoteMapper.exe" link on my site, and map the green start button to "win-alt-enter".

Open the Mceremotemapper scroll down to the button and tick "alt", "Windows" and from the drop down menu under the "key column" select "Enter" from the list.

Click on apply to save, exit and then restart your PC. Now your Green start button should work properly.

Cheers,
EG.
Will do thanks.
  • 20(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way15