• 26(current)
[WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way
Sourceforge DAMN SERVICE is currently offline due to latest attack Angry. I will not be able to update my site untill the service is up and running again. Sorry.
In the mean time I'll post updates in my thread's First post.

Will edit first post now.

Regards
EG.
Download new keyboard.xml v1.79 or by now current users might have their own keyboard.xml settings so to add "GSB Home jump" to your Keyboard.xml then just add this string UPDATED v1.03
Code:
<f5 mod="ctrl,alt">XBMC.ActivateWindow(Home)</f5>
to <Global> section and use the latest autohotkey script

-------NEW Keyboard.xml v1.79 Extra Remote Features:-------
9- added music playlist shuffle map one of your remote buttons to "Ctrl-Alt-g"
in playlist mode will be able to enable shuffle.
in Music/Library mode you will be able turn shuffle OFF.
10- Videos button will take you directly to TV Shows Window.
11- Green Start Button GSB Home Jump feature added. MUST download Autohotkey script as well for it to work.
-------NEW Keyboard.xml v1.79 Extra Remote Features:-------

Anyways Updated Keyboard.xml v1.79 and autohotkey script v1.02 is available on the first post.

All new info will go on site once Sourceforge reenables the web services again.

Cheers,
EG.
I have a quick question. I have configured my RC6 remote like you were saying using keyboard.xml and the file for registry.. and I've made it work finally with IR Server in the XBMC becasue I have Windows XP SP3.. but.. by some reason top buttons don't work - I mean shutdown (half moon) pictures, radio, vidoes, music... all other buttons works fine..

anybody know where can be the issue? thanks
Green button (Windows) to return to home doesn´t work as it should for me. When i´m in xbmc and press the greeen button (Windows) it minimizes xbmc.
balast Wrote:I have a quick question. I have configured my RC6 remote like you were saying using keyboard.xml and the file for registry.. and I've made it work finally with IR Server in the XBMC becasue I have Windows XP SP3.. but.. by some reason top buttons don't work - I mean shutdown (half moon) pictures, radio, vidoes, music... all other buttons works fine..

anybody know where can be the issue? thanks

Why are using IR server suite?

If you use my setup you do not have to use IRSS. If you want to use IRSS then you do not need my setup at all, anyways I can't help with helper apps sorry.

EDIT: If you want to know what your buttons send, then just use Showkey.exe and post the results here and will see what I can do.

Cheers,
EG.
mag_sol76 Wrote:Green button (Windows) to return to home doesn´t work as it should for me. When i´m in xbmc and press the greeen button (Windows) it minimizes xbmc.

You must be doing something wrong, I tested on 3 PC, two 64bit and one 32bit system. Also I run tests on a laptop with a clean install with no issues.

The script can never minimise XBMC, you must have something else doing this. You know you can completely exit and delete the old script and just run the new one.

if you hit "Ctrl-Alt-Esc" on your keyboard while XBMC is active, what happens?

Cheers,
EG.
I reinstalled:
1. reverted to the original saved reg settings
2. shut down the script and deleted it from startup
3. rebooted the system
4. replaced the keyboard.xml in the 32-bit location (i´m on windows 7 32 bit)
with the newest (1.79)
5. placed script 1.02 in startup and doubleclicked it
6. ran the reg settings (1.24)
7. rebooted the system

Still acts the same way: when i press the green start button (I have the original Microsoft MCE Remote) it minimizes xbmc. The only way for me to bring it back is to click the xbmc icon with my mouse (the green button doesn´t bring it back).

When I hit "Ctrl-Alt-Esc" when XBMC is active the same thing happens.
mag_sol76 Wrote:I reinstalled:
1. reverted to the original saved reg settings
2. shut down the script and deleted it from startup
3. rebooted the system
4. replaced the keyboard.xml in the 32-bit location (i´m on windows 7 32 bit)
with the newest (1.79)
5. placed script 1.02 in startup and doubleclicked it
6. ran the reg settings (1.24)
7. rebooted the system

Still acts the same way: when i press the green start button (I have the original Microsoft MCE Remote) it minimizes xbmc. The only way for me to bring it back is to click the xbmc icon with my mouse (the green button doesn´t bring it back).

When I hit "Ctrl-Alt-Esc" when XBMC is active the same thing happens.

OK, you have done everything perfectly! And for some reason "Ctrl-Alt-Esc" minimises XBMC... I See Huh For some reason that does not happen on my systems... LoL

I tested on other types of apps and it seems to happen on Microsoft own apps Huh I know that "Alt-Esc" will act as minimise some times but it actually swap between windows, not sure why your system just skips the "Ctrl" part Huh

OK, in a couple of minutes I'll change the sequence and post an update, It'll be faster than just telling you what to do Laugh I think it will fix the issue.

All you need to do is Exit and Delete current Script 1.02 and install 1.03 and replace keyboard.xml v1.79 with v1.80

Please bear with me, I'll let you know when the update is live.

Cheers,
EG.
elitegamer360 Wrote:If you do not like what back button does, then just change it to "Escape" and set the "clear button" to something else of your choice in keyboard.xml.

Btw I'll release the updated files tonight for the green start button, not tomorrow :-P

Cheers,
EG.

I can´t figure out what to change in the keyboard.xml (don´t know what the different sections are).
So far I´ve come across two menus that I want to change buttons on: the one where you input text (like renaming files) and when editing sources. In the text input menu I want the BACK-button (which sends backspace) change function with the CLEAR-button (which sends "escape"). In other words: BACK should send "escape" and CLEAR should send "backspace".
The source editing menu could act the same way.
Maybe there are other menus where BACK doesn´t close or step back from the current menu but these are the ones I can think of on top of my head.

My question is: how do i figure out which menus are which in the keyboard.xml?
If I could make a suggestion for the site: have a section with screenshots of the different menus for us xbmc-n00bsLaugh (i´m not really kidding).
Please check this now, I hope this fixes the problem.

^_^ REMOVED BROKEN LINKS ^_^

Just replace the files with the new updates. No need for restart, for the autohotkey just exit and delete the old one and activate the new one.

Please let me know if all is good, I'll release the updates.

Cheers,
EG.
...EG...you rock!

Thanks for all your amazing work and the helpful attitude!Nod
mag_sol76 Wrote:...EG...you rock!

Thanks for all your amazing work and the helpful attitude!Nod

You are most welcome :-)

Cheers,
EG.
elitegamer360 Wrote:Please check this now, I hope this fixes the problem.

Keyboard.xml v1.80

GSB v1.03 32bit

Just replace the files with the new updates. No need for restart, for the autohotkey just exit and delete the old one and activate the new one.

Please let me know if all is good, I'll release the updates.

Cheers,
EG.

Everything works perfectly now. I think that soon enough my fianceé can use the htpc without my help (and THAT´S user friendlyLaugh...)
mag_sol76 Wrote:I can´t figure out what to change in the keyboard.xml (don´t know what the different sections are).
So far I´ve come across two menus that I want to change buttons on: the one where you input text (like renaming files) and when editing sources. In the text input menu I want the BACK-button (which sends backspace) change function with the CLEAR-button (which sends "escape"). In other words: BACK should send "escape" and CLEAR should send "backspace".
The source editing menu could act the same way.
Maybe there are other menus where BACK doesn´t close or step back from the current menu but these are the ones I can think of on top of my head.

My question is: how do i figure out which menus are which in the keyboard.xml?
If I could make a suggestion for the site: have a section with screenshots of the different menus for us xbmc-n00bsLaugh (i´m not really kidding).

OK, I had this extra free time after fixing the GSB bug, now check this keyboard.xml. I've done a little mod of the Clear and back buttons and I left the back button act as a 7 second replay during video playback.

I recommend you backup your current keyboard.xml just incase you do not like the one above lol.

If you find when you press back on a specific screen and nothing happens let me know that specific window and I'll fix it.

Cheers,
EG.
elitegamer360 Wrote:Why are using IR server suite?

If you use my setup you do not have to use IRSS. If you want to use IRSS then you do not need my setup at all, anyways I can't help with helper apps sorry.

EDIT: If you want to know what your buttons send, then just use Showkey.exe and post the results here and will see what I can do.

Cheers,
EG.

That's a good question, I know.. but without IR Server when I have updated registry, overwrite the keyboard.xml file.. remote was dead in windows and xbmc.. I have Windows XP SP3 what I guess changes a bit the conditions. I have decided to use http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=36936 and according to this I have managed to have remote active in xbmc (without top menu buttons) and get XBMC start from Green Button via transaltor (part of IR Server)

I can try to kill IR Server and Translator today but I am afraid then my remote won't act at all again.

Maybe I am missing something?

I have bought recommended remote. Windows itself wasnt able to find drivers for eHome Infrared Receiver automatically so I have tried to use Update Rollup 2 for Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 (as recommended.. even tho I have Windows XP Pro SP3) but system has denied that operation by saying that I posses newer files already in my system.. ok then.. finally I have installed drivers for eHome Infrared Receiver manually by pointing on manufacurer (Microsoft) and product.. I got warning that these drivers are not signed (bla, bla) and I got it installed. What happened later is adding your registry and keyboard.xml files and suprise that remote doesn't work.. and showkey.exe.. showed.. nothing.. so I have decided to follow above link and get IR Server..

Please let me know if you know any way to bypass IR Server.

Thanks.
  • 26(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way15