• 77(current)
[WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way
Guys, I'm having a HELL of a shitty time trying to get this to work.

I'm running Windows 7.

I've run the installer from the site (latest version), however it only works the first time after I restart the system.
If I shut down the PC and restart again, the green button no longer works to start XBMC.
I've also noticed that the custom keymaps in advancedsettings.xml and keyboard.xml no longer works when this happens either (so my 'back' button on the remote no longer skips the video backward by 7 seconds, and goes straight to the menu instead).

It's almost as if every time I restart, the registry goes back to how it was!

I don't have any other problems that could be doing this. I've scanned the system with Malwarebytes and everything is clean.

What am I doing wrong??
djcorvus,
Are you a local admin on the machine you have XBMC installed on? When you install the installer if you right click and choose Run as Administrator (might have to hold shift down when you right click) does running the install this way stick after a reboot?

Are you able to commit the changes to the registery simply by running the .reg file (should be on the sourceforge web page from 1st post - I can link if you'd like).
Not sure why the changes aren't sticking to the files in the XBMC userdata folder (advancedsettings.xml and keyboard.xml). Do you have anything set to run on startup? Perhaps XBMC launcher from another thread by another user is overwriting your changes on boot up (it shouldn't, just a thought).

Go into your Userdata folder and the keymaps folder, is there a backup file of your keymaps.xml file?
(2013-09-03, 03:50)TheFonz Wrote: djcorvus,
Are you a local admin on the machine you have XBMC installed on? When you install the installer if you right click and choose Run as Administrator (might have to hold shift down when you right click) does running the install this way stick after a reboot?

Are you able to commit the changes to the registery simply by running the .reg file (should be on the sourceforge web page from 1st post - I can link if you'd like).
Not sure why the changes aren't sticking to the files in the XBMC userdata folder (advancedsettings.xml and keyboard.xml). Do you have anything set to run on startup? Perhaps XBMC launcher from another thread by another user is overwriting your changes on boot up (it shouldn't, just a thought).

Go into your Userdata folder and the keymaps folder, is there a backup file of your keymaps.xml file?

1. I am an admin on the machine, yes.

2. When I 'run as administrator'. Changes are still lost on second reboot.

3. When I run the reg file, same thing happens. Works ok on reboot, but loses it after second reboot.

4. I don't have any other launcher installed on the system.

5. There doesn't seem to be a backup in the keymaps folder. For some reason, it just reverts back to the default version!

I just can't figure it out! I don't have any extra backup software installed/running in the background.

Any ideas?
Hey all, I'm sorry if this is specifically in the thread, but I searched a number of keywords and couldn't find it so here goes:

I have a Wesena e5 with the included IR receiver. This receiver is a RC 260, not RC 6 and the eHome drive is NOT present in device manager. I read on the xbmccustomregis website that a "hack" would be supplied in the forum but I haven't found it. That's what I'm requesting? Any hack/idea for how I can get the eHome driver to work with my IR receiver seems like it would make my life a million times easier...

Thanks in advance
@seth check out http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=167500

Streacom IR = Wesena IR I believe
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
(2013-09-03, 04:17)djcorvus Wrote: 1. I am an admin on the machine, yes.
3. When I run the reg file, same thing happens. Works ok on reboot, but loses it after second reboot.
5. There doesn't seem to be a backup in the keymaps folder. For some reason, it just reverts back to the default version!
I just can't figure it out! I don't have any extra backup software installed/running in the background.
Any ideas?
So weird.
Click Start > Run > type msconfig.
Click Selective Startup
Untick Load startup items

Make the changes and reboot and see if any have stuck. If they haven't:
Click Selective Startup
Untick Load system services

Make the changes and reboot and see if any have stuck. If they have, selectively tick (in groups of 5 - 10) each service until the changes are reverted, once they revert you have to narrow down which service/startup item is causing the registry to revert.

Hope this helps. Otherwise Google: Registry changes not saving after reboot and give that a go
(2013-09-04, 03:23)TheFonz Wrote:
(2013-09-03, 04:17)djcorvus Wrote: 1. I am an admin on the machine, yes.
Any ideas?
So weird.
Click Selective Startup
Untick Load startup items

Make the changes and reboot and see if any have stuck. If they haven't:
Click Selective Startup
Untick Load system services

Make the changes and reboot and see if any have stuck. If they have, selectively tick (in groups of 5 - 10) each service until the changes are reverted, once they revert you have to narrow down which service/startup item is causing the registry to revert.

Hope this helps. Otherwise Google: Registry changes not saving after reboot and give that a go

How am I supposed to see if it worked if I disable startup items? This will prevent AutoHotkey from starting which is needed to launch XBMC via remote.

Has anyone else got any ideas? I'm really stuck.
(2013-09-16, 11:12)djcorvus Wrote: How am I supposed to see if it worked if I disable startup items? This will prevent AutoHotkey from starting which is needed to launch XBMC via remote.

Has anyone else got any ideas? I'm really stuck.

Enable items you need that are absolutely essential to begin with, i.e. like you stated, AutoHotKey & XBMC, but keep the startup items to a minimum. Then start enabling in groups of 5 until you hit a problem.
Hi, and sorry for my bad english. I have a genuine microsoft mce remote RC6 and i`m using xbmccustomregis and autohotkey for this remote.

My question is, that when I press the power button appears shutdown menu. And I need that when I press this button the pc shutdown directly whithout pass for the shutdown menu.

Is it posible?, I have not idea about how mapped keyboard.

Thanks
Use the mce mapper tool in my signature to set the power button to shutdown.
Thanks baijuxavior, but I would like that the power button suspend the pc and wake up the pc. How can I do this?.
I'm very, very noob, i'm sorry. Can you tell me how I can do this in your mce mapper tool ?
Suspending the pc is possible using mce remote, but wake up from full shutdown state is not possible.
Of course, I want wake up from suspend.
Eureka !!!! Thanks baijuxavior, Work ok whith your mapper tool. Now suspend and restar perfectly whith power botton.

An another question, I would like that one key (for example key green ) minimize xbmc. Is it posible too?. If i'ts posible, how I can do it?.

Thanks for all.
Hey, can I use eventghost to map a key from my MCE remote to a batch process (say 1) but this still work beautifully as it has been?
Major Props Poofy and Eskro! Check out their sigs for the best help/advice.
  • 77(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way15