• 78(current)
[WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way
^^ You can.
I am trying to map discrete wake/sleep functions and have narrowed my options down to the registry hacks described in this thread. Also, I want them to be discrete as in one for sleep and one for wake AND discrete as in specific to only one computer. I followed all the information I found in this thread, the XBMC wiki and xbmccustomregis but can't seem to get it to work.

I want this because I have 2 PC's on the same IR blaster and need the commands sent to either machine, not to interfere with the other. I've solved every issue with a combination of Eventghost and "dummy" devices in Harmony EXCEPT the ability to WAKE just one PC at a time. Also, although I'm trying to get this to work with EventGhost and a Logitech, I've done all my troubleshooting/setup with the original MCE remotes (which are official Microsoft ones) and have tried every step with Enable HID service enabled and not enabled in the MCE Remote plugin on EventGhost (which never seems to make a difference).

I tried to remap the the PowerOn command to "Teletext" on one pc and "Rec. TV" of the other with registry hacks using the excellent information I found on the XBMC wiki and xbmccustomregis but couldn't get it to work. I deleted everything in the included sample .reg file except the header and the line
Code:
<button number for Teletext/RecTV that I can't remember right now> 00 00 00 03 83 00
saved the file, double-clicked to apply, then restarted each PC. The respective Teletext/RecTV buttons, however, Do Not wake the PC's from S3, only the universal MCE PowerToggle does (on either MCE remote, and the Microsoft Media Device SE or Keyboard device profile in the Harmony Software). I also opened regedit and navigated to the appropriate registry but when I click modify it doesn't appear as I expect, like the examples on xbmccustomregis. Here is a pic. Is that what I should be seeing/modifying?

Complicating my issue is that I've tried the discrete PowerOn and PowerOff button commands included in the Microsoft Media Device SE Harmony Device Profile and those don't sleep/wake the PC's so I'm not sure if the mapping these commands is even my issue (if it helps: these buttons don't show up as MCE.PowerOn or MCE.PowerOff in the log of Eventghost but as MCE.79DC8 and MCE.79DC9). Also, MCE PowerToggle button DOESN"T put the computer to sleep, just wakes both pc's. Only mapping a random button to launch the Standby action in Eventghost can get it to sleep from the remote, so perhaps there are multiple issues at play.

Anyways, any suggestions for how I can get buttons mapped to discretely sleep and wake each of my pc's individually would be very helpful.
Having the same problem as avus m3, remote works great but Info button doesn't work in XBMC , also Info doesn't show a command? when the info buttton is pressed on remote using show key, this all i need to fix

my remote is Packard Bell MCE Media Center Remote Control USB IR Receiver OVU710001/00 (from a vista pc)

windows 8 64bit no MCE installed
no microsoft ehome transeveiver in human devices
XMBC frodo 12.1
skin Confluence Customizable Mod
not changed keyboard or remote xml

Is there a way to have the info button work with xmbc using this remote
Thanks for any help or advice
Thank you for the program. I installed according to your website and the remote seems to be functioning correctly, however when I start up XBMC this way the Windows task bar is showing. How can I prevent the taskbar from being displayed?

Thank you
Your a legend Elitegamer360. I was ready to throw my remote away until I found this thread, thanks heaps! Big Grin
But I never could get the the green start button to work because of this error I always get when trying to install Autohotkey?

Does anyone know why I'm getting this error and how to fix it? Huh
Thanks.

edit - added photo.

(2013-11-05, 19:13)jconway2002 Wrote: Thank you for the program. I installed according to your website and the remote seems to be functioning correctly, however when I start up XBMC this way the Windows task bar is showing. How can I prevent the taskbar from being displayed?

Thank you

Hey jconway2002, have you tried pressing the "\" backslash button when xbmc is open to toggle fullscreen mode?
(2011-10-20, 03:15)elitegamer360 Wrote:
Bkam Wrote:Is there any way to turn off the computer with the remote? Turn of xbmc work but when i am in windows i cant get alt F4 to work tried the app to change button and tried to make my green button to do alt F4. Or if u could turn off the computer from xbmc it would be even better , sleep don't work for me because i use Notify app on my iphone so every time i get an sms or some one calls me it wakes my computer :/

Sorry for the delayed response by the way, I've been extremely busy lately Wink

I have this posted in my thread thousands of times Laugh

Regarding the Power button I've set it to XBMC Power menu because you can configure exactly what you want in XBMC. But if you want it to send your PC to sleep then do as follows:- We are going to use the conventional way of editing the the reg file manually instead of using MCEremotemapper :-)

1- On your Keyboard hit "Win+R" keys to start the "Run" dialogue, then paste %AppData%\Xbmccustomregis\ and hit OK. It should open "Xbmccustomregis" installation folder.

2- Right click on "Config.v1.25.reg" and select "Edit"

[Power Button]
3- Look for
Code:
0c,00,00,00,04,00,16,\ ; [Power]         - Sends "S"

4- Change it to
Code:
0c,00,00,00,03,81,00,\ ; [Power]         - Sends "Shutdown" command

Cheers,
EG.

Thanks for the info
Optoma HD Projector, Panasonic TX-P65VT65 Plasma, Pioneer SC2023 AVR, Kef Q65 main, iQ8ds rear, XQ2C centre, XBOX 360 Elite, Samsung LE40C650, SKY HD, Lutron Lighting, Crestron AV2 control

(Server)CPU - AMD Phenom ii 560, MB - M4A78LT-M, 32GB Corsair SSD, 4GB Corsair DDR3, 6x 1.5TB HDD's

XBMC Clients x2 (DSPlayer)
Is there any chances to get a One for All URC7962 with a TechnoTrend USB IR Receiver to work as a MCE Remote?
Hello elitegamer360!

I've used your Xbmccustomregis v2.60.12.exe MCE installer before and it has work great, thank you!!!
But recently on two new xbmc setups it's not working at all. The installer runs without issue but the remote doesn't work. I have this problem on a fresh windows installs and I have tried two different remotes (same model).

I know your installer works great so I'm not sure what I've messed up but I'm pretty sure it's me. I'd really appreciate some help with this.

In xbmc input devices the option 'remote control sends keyboard presses' is on.

1- What Operating system are you using? The version of the OS i.e. Beta, Final Release, Ultimate etc..? 32bit or 64bit?
Windows 7 64bit

2- What Remote are using? Is it Microsoft Comaptible or is it Microsoft Certified?
HP MCE Remote with the USB receiver that HP bundled with it:
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5125/5356...36db_o.jpg

3- Was the Remote Certified for use with Windows XP, Vista or Windows 7?
Yes, I believe it is.

4- What IR receiver are you using? HTPC built-in or a USB one? Did the IR receiver come with your remote or did you buy it separately?
USB receiver that HP bundled with it.

5- IF you are using a USB IR receiver have you got a built-in IR receiver in your HTPC by any chance? Have you disabled the Built-in IR receiver before using the USB one?
No built-in IR receiver. The computer is a Dell Optiplex 755.

6- Is your IR Receiver listed as "Microsoft eHome Infrared Transceiver" under the "Human Interface Devices" in the "Device Manager"?
Yes.

7- Have you tried any kind of software before trying my customised setup? Have you used any apps like EventGhost before using my setup? This is*IMPORTANT, if you used Eventghost in the past you might still have the "Hid service disabled" then you need to Enable the HID service again by*UNTICKING*"Disable hid Service"*in EventGhost.
I have installed Windows 7 64bit, updated device drivers, Firefox, XBMC 12.0 (and then 12.2) and Xbmccustomregis v2.60.12.exe. That's it.

8- Please let me know which version of the .reg file you used or if you used the Auto installer method?
Xbmccustomregis v2.60.12.exe. (that means Config_Win7.v1.41, right?) When it didn't work I also tried your manual method.

9- If its Keyboard.xml issue, then please include what version did you use and where did you put it? Also if you changed anything in the Keyboard.xml in the system installation folder of XBMC?
I get zero functionality from the remote. No play, pause, arrow up or down, etc.

10- Finally What XBMC version are you using?
Frist I had xbmc 12.0 installed and then I upgraded to 12.2
Hi !

So I wanted a good remote for my setup and after a couple of research, I decide to buy the Rosewill RC6 remote (http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.asp...6880101008) that is use almost everytime someone talk about your script.

But when I plugged it, nothing happened. I did a couple of verification and found that the "Microsoft eHome device driver" is not installed. I'm pretty sure my remote is the real deal.... is it ?

1- What Operating system are you using? The version of the OS i.e. Beta, Final Release, Ultimate etc..? 32bit or 64bit?
Windows 7 64bit

2- What Remote are using? Is it Microsoft Comaptible or is it Microsoft Certified?
Rosewill RHRC 11002 remote/dongle

Yes, I believe it is.

4- What IR receiver are you using? HTPC built-in or a USB one? Did the IR receiver come with your remote or did you buy it separately?

5- IF you are using a USB IR receiver have you got a built-in IR receiver in your HTPC by any chance? Have you disabled the Built-in IR receiver before using the USB one?
No built-in IR receiver. I use the dongle I received with the remote

6- Is your IR Receiver listed as "Microsoft eHome Infrared Transceiver" under the "Human Interface Devices" in the "Device Manager"?
No... but I'm pretty sure it's the good remote

7- Have you tried any kind of software before trying my customised setup? Have you used any apps like EventGhost before using my setup? This is*IMPORTANT, if you used Eventghost in the past you might still have the "Hid service disabled" then you need to Enable the HID service again by*UNTICKING*"Disable hid Service"*in EventGhost.
I have installed Windows 7 64bit, updated device drivers, Chrome, Steam, XBMC 12.0 (and then 12.2) and Xbmccustomregis v2.60.12.exe. That's it.

8- Please let me know which version of the .reg file you used or if you used the Auto installer method?
Xbmccustomregis v2.60.12.exe.

9- If its Keyboard.xml issue, then please include what version did you use and where did you put it? Also if you changed anything in the Keyboard.xml in the system installation folder of XBMC?
I get zero functionality from the remote. No play, pause, arrow up or down, etc.

(2013-11-24, 22:19)Atho Wrote: Hi !

So I wanted a good remote for my setup and after a couple of research, I decide to buy the Rosewill RC6 remote (http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.asp...6880101008) that is use almost everytime someone talk about your script.

But when I plugged it, nothing happened. I did a couple of verification and found that the "Microsoft eHome device driver" is not installed. I'm pretty sure my remote is the real deal.... is it ?

Windows 7 64bit

Rosewill RHRC 11002 remote/dongle

Yes, I believe it is.

No built-in IR receiver. I use the dongle I received with the remote

No... but I'm pretty sure it's the good remote

I have installed Windows 7 64bit, updated device drivers, Chrome, Steam, XBMC 12.0 (and then 12.2) and Xbmccustomregis v2.60.12.exe. That's it.

Xbmccustomregis v2.60.12.exe.

Funny thing... I tried the dongle on my Win8 laptop and boom... Microsoft eHome Infrared Transceiver is correctly installed... How is it that the driver is not automatically installed on a Win7 machine but it is on a Win8 machine Huh
Hi, has anyone had any problems with this on Windows 8.1? Worked fine since release on Windows 8, but as soon as I upgraded to 8.1, the remote no longer works with XBMC and the Windows Button has resorted to opening Windows Media Centre. I tried reinstalling to no avail. The GSB script is running and is in my notification area as normal.... Eurgh, I've spent all day basically fixing things that Windows 8.1 has broken. This is the last thing that I can't get to work...any help would be much appreciated.

Edit. Microsoft eHome Infrared Transceiver is also still showing up in my Device Manager
(2013-12-04, 00:55)QuizKid Wrote: Hi, has anyone had any problems with this on Windows 8.1? Worked fine since release on Windows 8, but as soon as I upgraded to 8.1, the remote no longer works with XBMC and the Windows Button has resorted to opening Windows Media Centre. I tried reinstalling to no avail. The GSB script is running and is in my notification area as normal.... Eurgh, I've spent all day basically fixing things that Windows 8.1 has broken. This is the last thing that I can't get to work...any help would be much appreciated.

Edit. Microsoft eHome Infrared Transceiver is also still showing up in my Device Manager

Never mind, I tried uninstalling/reinstalling a second time and how it seems to work. I must have selected something wrong the first time around, thanks
Have everything working except the GSB. If I'm on the old-style windows desktop it works fine (toggles to xbmc). If I'm in the Metro/tile interface it either does nothing or it launches IE and the first favorite URL in IE's bookmark list. If I press crtl-alt-enter on my keyboard the exact same thing happens. So, I think the remote communication is fine but somehow 'ctrl-alt-enter' is mapped elsewhere in windows. No idea why metro vs. desktop causes different behavior.

Any insight on how I could hunt this rogue mapping down?

My theory this is related to my Hauppage TV card which has an option to use its own IR receiver. I went with the integrated CIR port on my asrock mobo instead (nuvoton CIR receiver) since I read the hauppage IR was a pain in the ass with xbmc. I have uninstalled all of the Hauppage IR stuff, but perhaps there's a registry entry that didn't get cleaned??

my system =
Win8-64
Frodo
RC6 Remote
Nuvoton CIR
Using all current release of script/reg/xml from customregis site.
Can you tell me where MCE Remote Key Mapper obtains its info from? All of my keyboard.xml files are plain vanilla, but when I open MCE Remote Key Mapper it shows numerous remapping entries (correct entries).
MCE Remote settings are stored in the registry.
  • 78(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way15