• 9(current)
[WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way
Updated config 1.21 now live.

Btw I am still learning and I have added to the yellow button the ability to "skip to next Audio language/track" I did not know how to do it in the past but tonight I had extra time to play with and it's finally done! Not a big achievement but something good to have specially if you have movies with multiple audio tracks Laugh

Well if you want it to work download option 2 in Subsection 1.1 in the firstpage, which is modified keyboard.xml that has the new code added to it. Big Grin

Cheers.
where do I check this?

1.0 "First is First":
Check that you have this Registy Path
Code:

| _>Services |
| _>HidIr |
| _>Remotes |
| _>745a17a0-74d3-11d0-b6fe-00a0c90f57da |
|______________________________________________________________|

Noobquestion 2: When I doubleclick the "Config.v1.20.1b2.reg", it just opens up as a txt-file. You know why?
joeranjensen Wrote:where do I check this?

1.0 "First is First":
Check that you have this Registy Path
Code:

| _>Services |
| _>HidIr |
| _>Remotes |
| _>745a17a0-74d3-11d0-b6fe-00a0c90f57da |
|______________________________________________________________|

Noobquestion 2: When I doubleclick the "Config.v1.20.1b2.reg", it just opens up as a txt-file. You know why?

Question 1

To check if you have the registry path, go to start menu and select run then type in the field regedit and press ok. Now you've got the registry editor window open, you now can just navigate to the path I mentioned to see if it exist. Smile

Question 2

Looks like when I upload the reg file to mediafire it changes it to txt instead for some reason.

I think you might have "known" file extensions turned off, which is the Windows default setting. You'll know this because the filename you see is Config.v1.21.reg, but then Windows opens the file in Notepad. This is because the actual file extension at the end of the filename is .txt (looking like this "Config.v1.21.reg.txt".

I would suggest you do this:

To turn off this option so that Windows always shows the actual file extension, you can open any Windows Explorer window (My Computer) and follow these steps:

1. Click Tools --> Folder Options (if using Vista or 7, press Alt to get the Tools menu to show)

2. Click the View tab

3. Uncheck the 'Hide extensions for know file types' option

Now Windows will always show the actual file extension and you would have seen that the file is a .txt file and could have just renamed it. Just take off the .txt from the end leaving the file like this Config.v.1.21.reg

Credit to mach170 for mentioning this in another thread.

EDIT: Front page updated to include this info for Fresh n00bs :-P
elitegamer360 Wrote:Question 1

To check if you have the registry path, go to start menu and select run then type in the field regedit and press ok. Now you've got the registry editor window open, you now can just navigate to the path I mentioned to see if it exist. Smile

Question 2

Looks like when I upload the reg file to mediafire it changes it to txt instead for some reason.

I think you might have "known" file extensions turned off, which is the Windows default setting. You'll know this because the filename you see is Config.v1.21.reg, but then Windows opens the file in Notepad. This is because the actual file extension at the end of the filename is .txt (looking like this "Config.v1.21.reg.txt".

I would suggest you do this:

To turn off this option so that Windows always shows the actual file extension, you can open any Windows Explorer window (My Computer) and follow these steps:

1. Click Tools --> Folder Options (if using Vista or 7, press Alt to get the Tools menu to show)

2. Click the View tab

3. Uncheck the 'Hide extensions for know file types' option

Now Windows will always show the actual file extension and you would have seen that the file is a .txt file and could have just renamed it. Just take off the .txt from the end leaving the file like this Config.v.1.21.reg

Credit to mach170 for mentioning this in another thread.

EDIT: Front page updated to include this info for Fresh n00bs :-P

Thank you for the quick answer, Il try thisBig Grin
joeranjensen Wrote:Thank you for the quick answer, Il try thisBig Grin

anytime Wink
This works really great, thanks for your work! You may want to update the first post to say that the "disable hid service" in EventGhost needs to be unchecked for those of us that tried EG first Smile

NS
NotShorty Wrote:This works really great, thanks for your work! You may want to update the first post to say that the "disable hid service" in EventGhost needs to be unchecked for those of us that tried EG first Smile

NS

When I first used EG I hated it a lot so I uninstalled it hence I had no idea about this. Thank you for mentioning it, I'll update the first post about it no worries.

Cheers,
EG.
First off, thanks for the thread; remote is working great.

I'm wondering: coming from the Linux side to Windows recently, I was used to lirc's context-sensitive handling of certain buttons, e.g., when watching a movie the Windows (green) button would bring up the OSD, but when anywhere in the menu hierarchy it would pop you back to Home. Is there any way to emulate this behavior using the methods outlined in this thread? Thanks!
CyberMonk Wrote:First off, thanks for the thread; remote is working great.

I'm wondering: coming from the Linux side to Windows recently, I was used to lirc's context-sensitive handling of certain buttons, e.g., when watching a movie the Windows (green) button would bring up the OSD, but when anywhere in the menu hierarchy it would pop you back to Home. Is there any way to emulate this behavior using the methods outlined in this thread? Thanks!

Yes, you do that in your keyboard.xml file.

The keyboard.xml has different sections that apply to different areas in XBMC. For example key mappings defined in the <FullscreenVideo> video apply only when a video is playing. Generally you defined the usual action for a keypress in the <global> section, and this then applies everywhere except where you override it by a mapping in a different section.

See http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Mod...yboard.xml for info on editing your keyboard.xml.

JR
Hello,

Is it possible to incorporate the behavior in this thread into your reg.update or into your keyboard.xml file?

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...ote+search

Thanks,
Mark
mwkurt Wrote:Hello,

Is it possible to incorporate the behavior in this thread into your reg.update or into your keyboard.xml file?

Thanks,
Mark

Yes should be easy to do but I will have to test it first. Although you can do it yourself if you wish its simple Big Grin

Thanks,
Mark

DONE! I'll just do another modification to the reg file and will post the update for you, I like it my self nice one Laugh

Will go live in the next half an hour, hopefully! stay tuned. Big Grin

Thanks,
Mark

First Post updated Big Grin

EDIT: updated again reg v1.213 so that the red button sends "Tab" instead of zero, I let zero send "0" better I think! :-P
Thank you!
Finally got around to setting the Ctrl + Shift + W hotkey to launch xbmc with the green start button on my remote, but it's not working. I made a shortcut on the desktop and configured the hotkey according to the instructions on page 1. Pressing Ctrl + Shift + W from my keyboard launches xbmc fine and all other functions of my remote work well too.

I think my remote isn't sending Ctrl + Shift + W properly... If I open notepad and randomly press keys on the remote, I can see the keypresses they correspond to. For example, pressing the "Recorded TV" button will output "o" in notepad, all the number buttons output their respective numbers. Pressing start outputs nothing...

Anyway, do you have any ideas how to configure my remote to properly output Ctrl + Shift + W and any other functions I may be missing?

The remote is in my signature. Also listed in the wiki:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Rem..._GP-IR02BK

Thanks in advance!
NS
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way15