• 58(current)
[WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way
(2012-03-14, 15:39)djkawa Wrote: ok thanks, for info i manage to find what my remote is:
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/TopSeed_TSBX-2404_Remote

the RF one.

I had to uninstall Windows Media Center, to remove the hard coded short cuts. (how do they do that? how does windows media center catch the key presses from the remote?)
To tell the truth I have no idea how the Rf remote works but If I have one in hand I will figure it out! Unfortunately I don't at the moment.

(2012-03-14, 15:39)djkawa Wrote: Then, in event ghost, if i use the generic HID device, i can see it logging some buttons, so i will just have to do a bit of configuration on event ghost and then on the keyboard.xml i guess?
Yes :-)

(2012-03-15, 13:22)h8redv2 Wrote: Hi

Am new to this XBMC and am settings up as I type Smile

Now I need to run Windows Mediacenter 7 along side XBMC for some time yet.
So i have installed the mcml link in MCE that minimizes MCE and opens XBMC.

So I need my MCE remote to work in windows mediacenter and in XBMC

I am running Eden RC2 and Windows 7 mediacenter 64bit
The remote is a Genuine Microsoft one with ehome driver and all...

Will running this installer http://xbmccustomregis.sourceforge.net/index.html
Prevent me from having a functional remote in windows mediacenter ?
I can see it emulates keystrokes instead...

Thanks

You need this my friend.

Cheers all,
EG.
EG,
Ok
Still having issues with the Green Button not going back to the main XBMC window from other menus. Any thing I can try (I have stopped using eventghost as a shell for now)

Oh and the button to bring up the menu (not sure of its name) but pressing the s key brings up the menu, isn't working on the keyboard.
Cheers as always
_Fonz
Why don't u all just use LM Remote KeyMap

Lets u unlock any MCE remote and assign any kind of function to any button. I used to use Girder, but since discovering LM, haven't looked back.

http://www.lmgestion.net/@en-us/4/22/60/article.asp
Hi, I've used the auto installer but it doesn't seem to have worked properly unless I've misunderstood what it's for. The green MCE button doesn't launch xbmc (or wmc - which it did before installing) and in xbmc the buttons do random things? Any help would be appreciated.

PS: Pressing home+alt+enter on the keyboard does open xbmc now, so it seems just the remote commands are somehow wrong?

Edit: I think I know what's wrong, I'm using a apple wireless keyboard and swapped some of the keyboard keys around, not sure how that would effect the remote but only thing I can think of so gona test it now...

Edit: Yep, swapping the ctrl and alt keys messed it up, sorry lol! Thanks alot for the installer! Just need to somehow get it working with MPC-HC as an external player now...
(2012-03-17, 00:55)TheFonz Wrote: EG,
Ok
Still having issues with the Green Button not going back to the main XBMC window from other menus. Any thing I can try (I have stopped using eventghost as a shell for now)

Oh and the button to bring up the menu (not sure of its name) but pressing the s key brings up the menu, isn't working on the keyboard.
Cheers as always
_Fonz

I would suggest that you run a Clean Windows 7 install and run windows normally then install XBMC followed by Autohotkey and then install the custom remote installer, without installing anything else like "Eventghost" etc, etc..... This way you will be able to check if the setup will work or not with your remote. I can not suggest anything else as I was not able to reproduce your issues on two machines that I tried over the past week.

If that is not possible I then want you to list how you setup your PC exactly so that I can build a similar system to yours, I also want you to tell me all the software you installed and what did you use to run XBMC as a shell. What XBMC version you use, etc etc...

I appreciate that you have told me some of the details before but I need a comprehensive list! what you are experiencing is not usual and should not happen on a normal windows install with no other helper software installed, therefore at the moment I do not know exactly what is causing your issues.

BTW if you can not reinstall windows as suggested above, then I will try to do a similar setup to yours to find out exactly what is going on but it might take some time as I haven't got enough free time theses days. :-)

Cheers,
EG.
(2012-03-18, 23:03)elitegamer360 Wrote: ...Words of Wisdom...

OK, I've uninstalled Eventghost, we'll see how I go when I get home to test.
Cheers
Hi,

I'm trying to get this to work with my Harmony One.
I programmed my Harmony as a Microsoft MCE Remote.
The customised MCE Remote Registry Setup finished without any error.
But now it isn't working. If XBMC is focused I can go left and right, but if it isn't focused, XBMC isn't responding at all.

Looking forward for help Smile
Excuse my bad English

Remote: Logitech Harmony One
Certified: I think so
IR receiver: RC6 Model IR605Q bought seperatly
No build in IR receiver
Listed as Microsoft eHome Infrared Transeiver
Eventghost is installed. "Disable HID service for this remote" in "Plugin: Microsoft MCE Remote" is unticked.
I used the Auto Installer method.
I am using XBMC 11.0 RC2
Remote Control sends Keyboard presses is enabled.
(2012-03-19, 01:24)TheFonz Wrote:

Cheers

Alrighty, uninstalling Eventghost made no difference. I will keep playing around with it. Maybe I need to uninstall and reinstall AutoHotKey.
Cheers
(2012-03-19, 21:21)Cliff Wrote: Hi,

I'm trying to get this to work with my Harmony One.
I programmed my Harmony as a Microsoft MCE Remote.
The customised MCE Remote Registry Setup finished without any error.
But now it isn't working. If XBMC is focused I can go left and right, but if it isn't focused, XBMC isn't responding at all.

Looking forward for help Smile
Excuse my bad English

Remote: Logitech Harmony One
Certified: I think so
IR receiver: RC6 Model IR605Q bought seperatly
No build in IR receiver
Listed as Microsoft eHome Infrared Transeiver
Eventghost is installed. "Disable HID service for this remote" in "Plugin: Microsoft MCE Remote" is unticked.
I used the Auto Installer method.
I am using XBMC 11.0 RC2
Remote Control sends Keyboard presses is enabled.

You need to setup one of your harmony remote buttons to send "Win-alt-Enter", then this button will enable you to bring focus to XBMC and control it like normal. I do not use harmony remotes so I would not be able to tell you how to do that but some one in here might be able to do so. :-)

Cheers,
EG.
(2012-03-20, 00:14)TheFonz Wrote:
(2012-03-19, 01:24)TheFonz Wrote:

Cheers

Alrighty, uninstalling Eventghost made no difference. I will keep playing around with it. Maybe I need to uninstall and reinstall AutoHotKey.
Cheers

hmmmm, if Eventghost made no difference, I doubt reinstalling autohotkey will help! something clearly not right on your PC. TBH if I were you I would just do a clear install of Windows 7 as explained before and test the setup. If it works then its not a hardware problem if does not then it is a hardware problem.

If it works then you can install your apps one by one but keep testing to see what exactly breaks your remote functionality, I would not know exactly whats wrong with your hardware without a proper hands on. After all what I suggested in the past did not work then something major is going on!!

TBH I even forget to ask you if you ever had the setup working with no issues in the past but then did it stop working at a later time? Or you never managed to get it to work at all!

Cheers :-) ,
EG.
(2012-03-20, 03:55)elitegamer360 Wrote: TBH I even forget to ask you if you ever had the setup working with no issues in the past but then did it stop working at a later time? Or you never managed to get it to work at all!
Yeah it was working perfectly in the past.
Not keen on a whole system rebuild, maybe when I have a couple of days free, but right now, I reckon I'll just keep troubleshooting it.
I might try reinstalling all the drivers for the remote
(2012-03-20, 03:43)elitegamer360 Wrote: You need to setup one of your harmony remote buttons to send "Win-alt-Enter", then this button will enable you to bring focus to XBMC and control it like normal. I do not use harmony remotes so I would not be able to tell you how to do that but some one in here might be able to do so. :-)

Cheers,
EG.

This works, but I thought this Registry edit is for controlling XBMC in the Background like it's possible with Eventghost.
(2012-03-20, 05:35)TheFonz Wrote:
(2012-03-20, 03:55)elitegamer360 Wrote: TBH I even forget to ask you if you ever had the setup working with no issues in the past but then did it stop working at a later time? Or you never managed to get it to work at all!
Yeah it was working perfectly in the past.
Not keen on a whole system rebuild, maybe when I have a couple of days free, but right now, I reckon I'll just keep troubleshooting it.
I might try reinstalling all the drivers for the remote

I see! Then you must've done something or installed something stopped it from working. What keyboard are you using? When XBMC is on and on your keyboard press "Win-Alt-Enter" if XBMC does not respond to it then its not a remote issue or a registry issue! because I already checked your registry settings and the settings was working fine with your remote aleady in the past. And if it is not Eventghost, then that leaves only two possibilities I think:

1- Windows Keyboard layout is messed up! What language are you using? As sometimes keys can differ with different key layouts!
2- Your Windows installation is messed up or an application on your PC is stopping the Green button combo from reaching XBMC Sad !

I hope this might narrow down your troubleshooting Smile

(2012-03-20, 14:29)Cliff Wrote:
(2012-03-20, 03:43)elitegamer360 Wrote: You need to setup one of your harmony remote buttons to send "Win-alt-Enter", then this button will enable you to bring focus to XBMC and control it like normal. I do not use harmony remotes so I would not be able to tell you how to do that but some one in here might be able to do so. :-)

Cheers,
EG.

This works, but I thought this Registry edit is for controlling XBMC in the Background like it's possible with Eventghost.

No this does not control XBMC in the backround! You have to use EventGhost and its the only solution that will let you use XBMC in the background. This setup is supposed to be used on a true HTPC, thats why the Green Start Button brings XBMC back to focus, just in case it loses it! If you want to uninstall XBMCCustomregis then use the same setup file you used to install and sellect "Uninstall" option.

I hope this helps,

Cheers,
EG.
elitegamer,

Can you help me with a couple things?

I'm trying to setup some useful buttons on my harmony one screen (for the wife)

1) Is there anyway I can have a button that will take me to my music but will take me directly to the albums view (its the only view i use and it really annoys me that i cant get the "my music" button on the home screen to go directly to albums - so a direct button on the remote would be even better)?

2) Is there anyway I can have a button that will take me directly to a specific album (there's an album we always play when getting our twins calm and ready for bed so its played a couple times every day)?
(2012-03-20, 22:31)thebearnecessit Wrote: elitegamer,

Can you help me with a couple things?

I'm trying to setup some useful buttons on my harmony one screen (for the wife)

1) Is there anyway I can have a button that will take me to my music but will take me directly to the albums view (its the only view i use and it really annoys me that i cant get the "my music" button on the home screen to go directly to albums - so a direct button on the remote would be even better)?

2) Is there anyway I can have a button that will take me directly to a specific album (there's an album we always play when getting our twins calm and ready for bed so its played a couple times every day)?

Look inside your keyboard.xml it should be found here %AppData%\XBMC\userdata\keymaps

you will find
Code:
<m mod="ctrl">ActivateWindow(music)</m>    <!-- MCE My music -->

the answer to 1) replace the above as follows.
Code:
<m mod="ctrl">XBMC.ActivateWindow(musiclibrary,albums,return)</m>    <!-- MCE My music -->

Save keyboard.xml and restart XBMC, then assign "Ctrl-M" to one of your remote buttons, if you used my setup then it should already be assigned to the "music" button on the MCE remote, you just need to reflect that on your harmony remote.

in regard to 2) I am not aware of away to do that but you can use any button in keyboard.xml to send the code below, it will automatically open the recent played albums/music, so if you play it every day then it should be easy enough to get to it quickly that way :-)

Code:
<m mod="ctrl">XBMC.ActivateWindow(musiclibrary,recentlyplayedalbums,return)</m>    <!-- MCE My music -->
In Keybaord.xml change [ m mod="ctrl" and </m>] to anything else not already used in xbmc.

I hope this help.

Cheers,
EG.
  • 58(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way15