• 59(current)
[WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way
amazing, worked a treat. thank-you.
(2012-03-20, 22:28)elitegamer360 Wrote: 1- Windows Keyboard layout is messed up! What language are you using? As sometimes keys can differ with different key layouts!
2- Your Windows installation is messed up or an application on your PC is stopping the Green button combo from reaching XBMC Sad !
I had a look and using the on screen keyboard for Win7 I tested Alt + Win + Enter and XBMC opens. But the main menu does not come back into focus.
It's really strange. If I am on the main window of XBMC and press Alt + Win + Enter it works, and 'reloads' the main screen. If XBMC is open but not infocus (another window is on top) and I press Alt + Win + Enter XBMC comes back into focus and infront. However if I am in any sub menu and press Alt + Win + Enter nothing happens. Is there a chance that the GSB AutoHotKey script isn't working with Eden RC2? Is there a chance that instead of going to the main window the script is actually just continually bringing XBMC.exe into focus?

I tried GSB_Win32bit_v1.06 & GSB_Win32bit_v1.03 and neither seemed to work besides just refocusing XBMC.exe
Hope this helps and appreciate your patience
elitegamer,

couple more questions for you (dont worry i wont bug you forever).

1) when I use the backslash from my logitech (the MCE Keyboard)it doesnt have any effect at all. I'm trying to use it to switch from windowed to fullscreen. Any idea why this might be or what i can to to troubleshoot? the backslash on my real keyboard does the job.

2) Am I able to control windows from my logitech harmony one? sometimes I just want to use windows explorer really to copy and paste files etc. then switch back into xbmc?

3) I've heard that you can control the windows mouse from the logitech harmony one, do you know where I can get more info on how to do that?

By the way just tell me to get lost if these questions are too off-topic, its just that i find it really hard to use google serach for info on xbmc, i can never seem t find what im after.

Thanks in advance.
I use a Harmony 650 along with the aforementioned VRC-1100 IR receiver, adn they work great. I've come here to ask about many questions adn problems I had along my journey. If you weed through my past posts (early ones in particular) you should be able to suss out any issues you also may have.

PS - love the new forum look and functionality.Very nice.
(2012-03-20, 23:59)thebearnecessit Wrote: amazing, worked a treat. thank-you.

Wink

(2012-03-21, 02:40)TheFonz Wrote:
(2012-03-20, 22:28)elitegamer360 Wrote: 1- Windows Keyboard layout is messed up! What language are you using? As sometimes keys can differ with different key layouts!
2- Your Windows installation is messed up or an application on your PC is stopping the Green button combo from reaching XBMC Sad !
I had a look and using the on screen keyboard for Win7 I tested Alt + Win + Enter and XBMC opens. But the main menu does not come back into focus.
It's really strange. If I am on the main window of XBMC and press Alt + Win + Enter it works, and 'reloads' the main screen. If XBMC is open but not infocus (another window is on top) and I press Alt + Win + Enter XBMC comes back into focus and infront. However if I am in any sub menu and press Alt + Win + Enter nothing happens. Is there a chance that the GSB AutoHotKey script isn't working with Eden RC2? Is there a chance that instead of going to the main window the script is actually just continually bringing XBMC.exe into focus?

I tried GSB_Win32bit_v1.06 & GSB_Win32bit_v1.03 and neither seemed to work besides just refocusing XBMC.exe
Hope this helps and appreciate your patience
This sounds like a messed up Keyboard.xml ! I am using XBMC RC2 and I just tested thinking that the script is broken, but it is not! It is working absolutely fine Smile But before you attempt this I advise you to backup your current Keyboard.xml to a safe place first. Now I would advise you to Download this Temp Keyboard.xml and place it in %AppData%\XBMC\userdata\keymaps in this folder you should have just one Keyboard.xml!

This Keyboard.xml is exactly the same as the one in xbmccustomregis v1.2.14 with one fix at the moment, which I added for "Jumpsms" only. I will be adding other fixes but it will be released with the next setup build. Smile

(2012-03-21, 02:48)thebearnecessit Wrote: elitegamer,

couple more questions for you (dont worry i wont bug you forever).

1) when I use the backslash from my logitech (the MCE Keyboard)it doesnt have any effect at all. I'm trying to use it to switch from windowed to fullscreen. Any idea why this might be or what i can to to troubleshoot? the backslash on my real keyboard does the job.

2) Am I able to control windows from my logitech harmony one? sometimes I just want to use windows explorer really to copy and paste files etc. then switch back into xbmc?

3) I've heard that you can control the windows mouse from the logitech harmony one, do you know where I can get more info on how to do that?

By the way just tell me to get lost if these questions are too off-topic, its just that i find it really hard to use google serach for info on xbmc, i can never seem t find what im after.

Thanks in advance.

1) This is because your harmony is not sending the "backslash or as called Oem5" and in MCERemoteMapper is listed as "OemPipe", use Showkey.exe to find out what your harmony button is exactly sending. In Showkey It should be "VK_Oem_5" and "<backslash>" in the copy field.

2) if a specific window is in focus then yes you can control it by using the navigation buttons but it will not be as easy as using the mouse.

3) Well I have googled it and this sounds like what you need, it is not for Harmony one but its the same software so it should work I guess. Smile

By the way Tongue

I hope this helps you all,

Cheers,
EG.
1) backslash - You were right, the remote is not sending backslash.

here what showkey says:

keyID: 222 (0xDE) - VK_OEM_7
copy: <hash>Notification(Key, hash, 3)</hash>

not sure what to do with that info now though! Can I just edit the text beside copy to say <backslash> ?

2) control windows - will setup at+tab etc and see how i get on

3) control mouse - ive got this working now, thanks to your post. and it works pretty well !
(2012-03-22, 01:01)thebearnecessit Wrote: 1) backslash - You were right, the remote is not sending backslash.

here what showkey says:

keyID: 222 (0xDE) - VK_OEM_7
copy: <hash>Notification(Key, hash, 3)</hash>

not sure what to do with that info now though! Can I just edit the text beside copy to say <backslash> ?

2) control windows - will setup at+tab etc and see how i get on

3) control mouse - ive got this working now, thanks to your post. and it works pretty well !

1) If it was an MCE remote then I would've told you how to change "hash" easily, which can be done by using MCERemotMapper. In simple words, what you need to do is assign the button on your harmony remote that sends "hash" to send "\" as in "backslash", I do not know how its done on the harmony remotes but its the same if you were to make it send "B" or "CTRL-E" for example etc... Isn't this how you are supposed to change buttons on the harmony one! look at "Mapping a command to a Standard button:" Wink

You are making me want to buy a harmony remote now just to figure it out now Big Grin although "I cant justify it's cost anyways otherwise I would've bought one ages ago, lol" If its hard for you to figure it out I'm sure the guys on the harmony thread will tell you how to do it Wink

2), 3) Nice Smile

Cheers,
EG.
(2012-03-21, 23:09)elitegamer360 Wrote: This sounds like a messed up Keyboard.xml ! I am using XBMC RC2 and I just tested thinking that the script is broken, but it is not! It is working absolutely fine Smile But before you attempt this I advise you to backup your current Keyboard.xml to a safe place first. Now I would advise you to Download this Temp Keyboard.xml and place it in %AppData%\XBMC\userdata\keymaps in this folder you should have just one Keyboard.xml!

This Keyboard.xml is exactly the same as the one in xbmccustomregis v1.2.14 with one fix at the moment, which I added for "Jumpsms" only. I will be adding other fixes but it will be released with the next setup build. Smile

Tried that, didn't work Sad Well I will keep thinking. I am very much against formatting and reinstalling windows for a simple GSB fix. I can live with the back button for now.
Was just uber convenient to be able to press the GSB to go to the home screen.
Hey guys,

I'm upgrading from Dharma to Eden.
Currently, the remote config found in xbmccustomregis.sourceforge.net has been perfect, no complaints.

Will it work the same for Eden when I install it, and repeat the steps found on the website? (provided I install it to the same directory). Just thought I'd ask on here first in case there's still a few bugs or incompatibilities.

Thanks, and keep up the good work! Smile
Got this Rosewill RHRC-11002 remote and it doesn't even open windows media center let alone XBMC. The eHome is installed in dev mgr, tried multiple usb plugs, see red in the receiver blink 3 times after plugging in. Still nothing. There is a led at the top of the remote, does it turn red when you press a button (just curious cause mine doesn't). Anyone have any suggestions?
(2012-03-22, 07:19)TheFonz Wrote:
(2012-03-21, 23:09)elitegamer360 Wrote: This sounds like a messed up Keyboard.xml ! I am using XBMC RC2 and I just tested thinking that the script is broken, but it is not! It is working absolutely fine Smile But before you attempt this I advise you to backup your current Keyboard.xml to a safe place first. Now I would advise you to Download this Temp Keyboard.xml and place it in %AppData%\XBMC\userdata\keymaps in this folder you should have just one Keyboard.xml!

Tried that, didn't work Sad Well I will keep thinking. I am very much against formatting and reinstalling windows for a simple GSB fix. I can live with the back button for now.

This might be the hard way, but keep on trouble shooting Smile

(2012-03-29, 08:06)djcorvus Wrote: Hey guys,

Currently, the remote config found in xbmccustomregis.sourceforge.net has been perfect, no complaints.

Will it work the same for Eden when I install it, and repeat the steps found on the website? (provided I install it to the same directory). Just thought I'd ask on here first in case there's still a few bugs or incompatibilities.

If you installed version 1.2.14 it should work fine but keyboard.xml has some issues due to Eden update, now you can install the updated xbmccustomregis v1.2.18 or just simply replace your current keyboard.xml with the new Keyboard.xml v1.84. all files available on site Smile

(2012-03-30, 04:31)WHOAA Wrote: Got this Rosewill RHRC-11002 remote and it doesn't even open windows media center let alone XBMC. The eHome is installed in dev mgr, tried multiple usb plugs, see red in the receiver blink 3 times after plugging in. Still nothing. There is a led at the top of the remote, does it turn red when you press a button (just curious cause mine doesn't). Anyone have any suggestions?

This might sound as a stupid question but did you check that you have batteries in your remote? Did you check that the batteries polarisation are aligned correctly according to the remote "+, -" signs?

If all the above is checked then you have a faulty remote the red light on the remote must flash when buttons are pressed.

Cheers all,
EG.
(2012-03-31, 02:35)elitegamer360 Wrote:
(2012-03-22, 07:19)TheFonz Wrote:

This might be the hard way, but keep on trouble shooting Smile

(2012-03-29, 08:06)djcorvus Wrote: Hey guys,

If you installed version 1.2.14 it should work fine but keyboard.xml has some issues due to Eden update, now you can install the updated xbmccustomregis v1.2.18 or just simply replace your current keyboard.xml with the new Keyboard.xml v1.84. all files available on site Smile

(2012-03-30, 04:31)WHOAA Wrote: Got this Rosewill RHRC-11002 remote and it doesn't even open windows media center let alone XBMC. The eHome is installed in dev mgr, tried multiple usb plugs, see red in the receiver blink 3 times after plugging in. Still nothing. There is a led at the top of the remote, does it turn red when you press a button (just curious cause mine doesn't). Anyone have any suggestions?

This might sound as a stupid question but did you check that you have batteries in your remote? Did you check that the batteries polarisation are aligned correctly according to the remote "+, -" signs?

If all the above is checked then you have a faulty remote the red light on the remote must flash when buttons are pressed.

Cheers all,
EG.

Not a stupid question, I actually thought the same thing being the batteries are very cheap. I tried some energizers and still no red light. Guess I'll get ahold of Rosewill.
Does this work good with the mce remote included with the origen ae m10

Im not good at fidling with stuff.

Can i install the exe and auto hotkey and it will work out of the box.

Like change audio track, press info to get more info on movie etc?
TV: UE55F8005
XBMC: Mac mini 2012 with windows 8.1
SOUND: Sonos playbar + Sonos Sub + 2x Rear Play: 3
I just upgraded to eden. I installed from scratch. I did do a back up of my 10.1 Dharma.....
Why is it that on my remote the only thing that don't work is the numbers....

I use to press them to quickly get to M, P, G, Z etc..... on my movie menu.
Now they don't work anymore.....

Is it the stock skin on Eden that does not work?

Thank you
UPDATE! Download Keyboard.xml v1.84 lol got it fixed...... thank you.

I read the first page....
  • 59(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way15