• 83(current)
[WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way
(2014-09-22, 16:16)Mark-AUS Wrote:
(2014-09-22, 15:09)baijuxavior Wrote: ^^ Have you installed eventghost in your system?

no, should i ?

You can try eventghost if the remote is not working normally. Before that use showkey.exe and check if it can detect the keypresses.
(2014-09-23, 04:27)baijuxavior Wrote:
(2014-09-22, 16:16)Mark-AUS Wrote:
(2014-09-22, 15:09)baijuxavior Wrote: ^^ Have you installed eventghost in your system?

no, should i ?

You can try eventghost if the remote is not working normally. Before that use showkey.exe and check if it can detect the keypresses.

Thanks, i've run showkey.exe and it isnt responding at all. The red LED on the tranceiver lights up with each button press but nothing from showkey. So the tranceiver is picking up the key press but its not getting any further?
Probably the receiver and remote are not compatible to each other. Try eventghost. Add mce remote plugin to autostart tree of eventghost, press any button on the remote and you should see an event in the log section. You can then add xbmc plugin and drag and drop the remote control event to the required xbmc action. You can use any remote control with eventghost.

hmmm are you on a completely default setup or have you run regedits (or used the program from this thread) to apply different IR profiles? I would try on a separate/untouched machine, plug the receiver in and make sure it's drivers/recognised etc, then see if ShowKey.exe detects anything
pvr.wmc TV addon and ServerWMC Backend Development Team
http://bit.ly/ServerWMC
(2014-09-23, 14:48)baijuxavior Wrote: Probably the receiver and remote are not compatible to each other. Try eventghost. Add mce remote plugin to autostart tree of eventghost, press any button on the remote and you should see an event in the log section. You can then add xbmc plugin and drag and drop the remote control event to the required xbmc action. You can use any remote control with eventghost.

A big thank you Smile i installed eventghost and it picked up the key presses, added the XBMC plugin and i now have a working remote for XBMC, i do , however, have to press each button twice to get it to work in XBMC, is that something i can fix in the eventghost configuration? (i havent had a good play with it yet, i was just happy to be able to sit back on the lounge and work XBMC with my remote). Thanks Again Smile
I don't know why the remote requires two presses to work. May be the battery is weak? Also try another remote control like that of TV or DVD player.
Anybody managed to get this working with Kodi (nightly builds) - the script is looking for a location for xbmc (c:\ProgramFiles\XBMC\xbmc.exe), but installation folder is now C:\ProgramFiles\Kodi\Kodi.exe. I have tried manually editing the GSB_Script_AllinOne without success - anyone else have this issue?

EDIT - resolved I replaced all instances of XBMC with Kodi and script now works.
(2014-09-28, 07:32)baijuxavior Wrote: I don't know why the remote requires two presses to work. May be the battery is weak? Also try another remote control like that of TV or DVD player.

Thanks, i'm now using a different remote, still through eventghost and it is working fine but i have one problem, when i use my keyboard with XBMC i press "e" to bring up my EPG and in the XBMC settings i can configure which EPG view i want to be the default, but, when i press"guide" on the remote it brings up a different view and i cant work out how to configure it to the default that i prefer ?
Tried to search this thread but didnt get any wiser. I want to start xbmc with my mce remote. BUT ive installed it in another folder. its under c:/xbmc/ and runned as a portable application because of the bug with non supported characters in username with some addons. So ive put the .lnk file in C:/xbmc.lnk

Ive tried to edit the autohotkey script and changed the two lines that points to C:/xbmc.lnk but i cant save it. It doesnt work.

Any ideas?
Noticed when upgrading to Kodi Helix beta 1 that it broke functionality. Ran the "KODI-FIX-GSB_Script_AllinOne.exe." which got Kodi running again with the Green Button. However, I quickly noticed that the Green button no longer brings you "Home" when pressing it within Kodi. Anyone else notice this?

Thanks!
(2014-11-04, 23:23)onizuka Wrote: Noticed when upgrading to Kodi Helix beta 1 that it broke functionality. Ran the "KODI-FIX-GSB_Script_AllinOne.exe." which got Kodi running again with the Green Button. However, I quickly noticed that the Green button no longer brings you "Home" when pressing it within Kodi. Anyone else notice this?

Thanks!

+1 for that
I had the same problem with gotham 13.2, don't know why because it used to work.
So I modified the keystroke sent by the green button within XBMC.

If you look https://github.com/baijuxavior/XBMC-Laun...uncher.ahk at the end
Code:
send, ^!{VK74} ; if XBMC is Active (GSB Home Jump will activate)

On my computer, VK74 doesn't fire F5, it fires the date/hour lol :

I think I remember alt+win+F5 was windowing XBMC so I changed it with ctrl+win+F5 :

Code:
send ^#{F5} ; if XBMC is Active (GSB Home Jump will activate)

global section of keyboard.xml :
Code:
<f5 mod="ctrl,win">XBMC.ActivateWindow(Home)</f5>

You can give it a try.
I've just set up my third Windows-based XBMC machine (Gotham 13.2) and have always used this mod to get 'home' functionality using the Green button. It's always worked great. This time around though, as for others here, that function doesn't seem to be working. I can launch XBMC using the Green button, and the other functionality of the GSB_Script_AllinOne.ahk seems to work as well. The only thing that doesn't work is that when in some other menu while using XBMC, it doesn't return to the home screen. I am a n00b, just so you know. I run it pretty stock and never modify the xmls myself, but rather just use mods and add-ons. So my apologies if I've missed something here, but does does anyone know how to get the Green Button to return to the home screen again, and why it's suddenly broken? Thanks in advance.
@ginloin :
In some menus like addon configuration, the home button doesn't get back to home.

If the home button doesn't work at all within XBMC, you can try what I posted :
- Open GSB_Script_AllinOne.ahk, find the line
Code:
send, ^!{VK74} ; if XBMC is Active (GSB Home Jump will activate)

Replace with
Code:
send ^#{F5} ; if XBMC is Active (GSB Home Jump will activate)

- Open %AppData%\XBMC\userdata\keymaps\keyboard.xml or C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\keymaps\keyboard.xml

Add in global section :
Quote:<f5 mod="ctrl,win">XBMC.ActivateWindow(Home)</f5>

Like that :
Code:
<keymap>
  <global>
    <keyboard>
      <p>Play</p>
      <q>Queue</q>
      <f>FastForward</f>
      <r>Rewind</r>
      <y>SwitchPlayer</y>