[WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way

Thread Rating:
  • 14 Votes - 5 Average
baijuxavior Offline
Posting Freak
(2014-09-22 16:16)Mark-AUS Wrote:  
(2014-09-22 15:09)baijuxavior Wrote:  ^^ Have you installed eventghost in your system?

no, should i ?

You can try eventghost if the remote is not working normally. Before that use showkey.exe and check if it can detect the keypresses.
find quote
Mark-AUS Offline
(2014-09-23 04:27)baijuxavior Wrote:  
(2014-09-22 16:16)Mark-AUS Wrote:  
(2014-09-22 15:09)baijuxavior Wrote:  ^^ Have you installed eventghost in your system?

no, should i ?

You can try eventghost if the remote is not working normally. Before that use showkey.exe and check if it can detect the keypresses.

Thanks, i've run showkey.exe and it isnt responding at all. The red LED on the tranceiver lights up with each button press but nothing from showkey. So the tranceiver is picking up the key press but its not getting any further?
find quote
baijuxavior Offline
Posting Freak
Probably the receiver and remote are not compatible to each other. Try eventghost. Add mce remote plugin to autostart tree of eventghost, press any button on the remote and you should see an event in the log section. You can then add xbmc plugin and drag and drop the remote control event to the required xbmc action. You can use any remote control with eventghost.

[Image: dykqao.png]
find quote
scarecrow420 Offline
hmmm are you on a completely default setup or have you run regedits (or used the program from this thread) to apply different IR profiles? I would try on a separate/untouched machine, plug the receiver in and make sure it's drivers/recognised etc, then see if ShowKey.exe detects anything

Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC) Development Team
http://bit.ly/ServerWMC
find quote
Mark-AUS Offline
(2014-09-23 14:48)baijuxavior Wrote:  Probably the receiver and remote are not compatible to each other. Try eventghost. Add mce remote plugin to autostart tree of eventghost, press any button on the remote and you should see an event in the log section. You can then add xbmc plugin and drag and drop the remote control event to the required xbmc action. You can use any remote control with eventghost.

[Image: dykqao.png]

A big thank you Smile i installed eventghost and it picked up the key presses, added the XBMC plugin and i now have a working remote for XBMC, i do , however, have to press each button twice to get it to work in XBMC, is that something i can fix in the eventghost configuration? (i havent had a good play with it yet, i was just happy to be able to sit back on the lounge and work XBMC with my remote). Thanks Again Smile
find quote
baijuxavior Offline
Posting Freak
I don't know why the remote requires two presses to work. May be the battery is weak? Also try another remote control like that of TV or DVD player.
find quote
steelman1991 Offline
Donor
Anybody managed to get this working with Kodi (nightly builds) - the script is looking for a location for xbmc (c:\ProgramFiles\XBMC\xbmc.exe), but installation folder is now C:\ProgramFiles\Kodi\Kodi.exe. I have tried manually editing the GSB_Script_AllinOne without success - anyone else have this issue?

EDIT - resolved I replaced all instances of XBMC with Kodi and script now works.
(This post was last modified: 2014-10-01 19:24 by steelman1991.)
find quote
Mark-AUS Offline
(2014-09-28 07:32)baijuxavior Wrote:  I don't know why the remote requires two presses to work. May be the battery is weak? Also try another remote control like that of TV or DVD player.

Thanks, i'm now using a different remote, still through eventghost and it is working fine but i have one problem, when i use my keyboard with XBMC i press "e" to bring up my EPG and in the XBMC settings i can configure which EPG view i want to be the default, but, when i press"guide" on the remote it brings up a different view and i cant work out how to configure it to the default that i prefer ?
find quote
CountZer0 Offline
Tried to search this thread but didnt get any wiser. I want to start xbmc with my mce remote. BUT ive installed it in another folder. its under c:/xbmc/ and runned as a portable application because of the bug with non supported characters in username with some addons. So ive put the .lnk file in C:/xbmc.lnk

Ive tried to edit the autohotkey script and changed the two lines that points to C:/xbmc.lnk but i cant save it. It doesnt work.

Any ideas?
find quote