• 2(current)
[WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way
I would like to change the behaviour of the Power Button.
Now it sends "ALT-F4" to close XBMC.
But I would like it to show the shut-down menu
Is that possible?
I own this exact same remote from Maplins in your picture, I've been farting around with Event Ghost for a while and to be honest I have to start it before XBMC, but I'm going to give this a go!

Thanks dude!! Big Grin
athloni Wrote:I would like to change the behaviour of the Power Button.
Now it sends "ALT-F4" to close XBMC.
But I would like it to show the shut-down menu
Is that possible?

Your reg file presumably configures the power button to send an alt-F4 keystroke, i.e. it contains the line:

Code:
0c,00,00,00,04,04,3d,\ ; Power     - was "03,82,00" sends alt-F4

To configure the power button to send an S (to open the shutdown menu) change the line to:

Code:
0c,00,00,00,04,00,16,\ ; Power     - was "03,82,00" sends "S"

JR
Smile 
rendered Wrote:Hi,

Could someone please paste the registry data here please. I seem to be having issues connecting to mediafire Sad Thanks!

Sorry for the late reply been kinda busy lately but the mediafire issue is not from my side, they had some problems a couple of days ago and the link should be working fine now.

Please see my first post for the link and the details.

NOTE: Please all I made this thread for n00bs and for people who want to use registry to control XBMC and nothing else. No moddification to any thing else to keep it easy for all.

I've seen a request for the power button to send "S" shutdown menu instead of ALT+F4, well my update revision 1.1 in the first page does that already for months now and the file has already been downloaded 215 times. I do not see any issue now so please let me know if you still have problems downloading the file.

Please keep any eye on the first page because I will be posting an update soon to enhance the setup a bit more. I will bump the thread when I submit the update, hopefully before the end of the week. Big Grin
@athloni: download file v1.1 no issues with mediafire now. I have not forgotten your first request I will post an update specially for you together with the next update "Before the end of the week". Sorry for taking too long Nod

@Hunter-Killer: you welcome, any suggestions let me know.
I have an issue that after a week of standby/resume my genuine ms mce remote green button doesen't want to CTRL+SHIFT+W anymore. The little app shows that only ctrl+shif is pressed without W. Logoff/logon solves it. Plug/unplug the reciever doesent. What should i do to prevent this issue?
Using a recent dharma svn and win 7 x64 Ult.
No idea where to start.
StevenSeagull Wrote:I have an issue that after a week of standby/resume my genuine ms mce remote green button doesen't want to CTRL+SHIFT+W anymore. The little app shows that only ctrl+shif is pressed without W. Logoff/logon solves it. Plug/unplug the reciever doesent. What should i do to prevent this issue?
Using a recent dharma svn and win 7 x64 Ult.
No idea where to start.

I really have no idea how to solve this, but are you using my reg file. Because my reg file does not send CTRL+SHFT+W . It sends CTRL+SHFT+X and for it to work you need an xbmc shourtcut in your desktop with the "CTRL+SHFT+X" shortcut key.

Maybe there are some app that modifies your registry with time, make sure you use a good relaible windows registry cleaner for windows 7 x64, unfortunately I can not recommend any because I do not know of any compatible with x64 at the moment.
I do use your reg file but i modified that W key myself. The setup is clean win 7 install with xbmc, winrar only.
StevenSeagull Wrote:I do use your reg file but i modified that W key myself. The setup is clean win 7 install with xbmc, winrar only.

This is kinda weird! I have not experienced this problem in the past.
woodsdog_22 Wrote:Thank heaps for this, it worked a treat, better then event ghost. I like the configeration of the buttons and even have the same remote picture in another post.
Just wanting to know if anyone can explain how to make one of the remote keys rotate photo's when viewing them, I thought select (like xbox), but any button will do? R on the keyboard does it now, but no remote button to do this?
I know xbmc is meant to auto rotate like windows does by some extention to the file or something, but its not. i mostly have JPG photo's.

Just tested with the pics, the Remote RWD button should already do what you want. No modification needed Smile
Yep, it is even more insulting for me being an IT professional myself and not being able to figure it out myself. I'll try to change the letter w to x and see if it does help. It's weird enough to have a try. I'll post the resulty but it may take a week to find the flaw...
StevenSeagull Wrote:Yep, it is even more insulting for me being an IT professional myself and not being able to figure it out myself. I'll try to change the letter w to x and see if it does help. It's weird enough to have a try. I'll post the resulty but it may take a week to find the flaw...

Not sure changing the W to X will pull it, but anything possible lol! make sure your PC/Mediacentre drivers are up to date.
Yeah, but iv'e seen way too many dumb solutions that works on real problems...
For reg cleaners and optimizers, I use CCleaner and a tool called NTREGOPT which both work great. I have Win 7 64 bit.
Thank you. I keep my fingers crossed.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way15