• 4(current)
[WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way
BitStreak Wrote:No, this thread is about the MCE remote for the PC.
There is a way to use the XBOX DVD kit with the PC but it involves some more work.

First you need to fix a USB adapter or solder it yourself.
Then you need a specific driver.

Let me know if this is the route you would like to take and i can provide some more info.

I did this myself recentlu but ended up buying a MCE remote instead due to some issues with double presses.

This one is an exact copy of the MS MCE remote and works really well.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?V...OU:GB:1123

meh bugger it i'll just buy a hauppage mce remote there only $50.
thanks for this works a charm, ended up getting an official MCE remote for $15 and it works so well!

only difference i could find is that for me guide button brings up the C menu button not the I button.
I've got an mce remote that has 2 power buttons on it - 1 for TV and other for PC. Does anyone know the regID for the TV power button?
rendered Wrote:I've got an mce remote that has 2 power buttons on it - 1 for TV and other for PC. Does anyone know the regID for the TV power button?

Grab mceremote.zip from http://xbmcmce.sourceforge.net/. In the zip is a test config that assigns keystrokes to every possible button id from 0 to 255. Run the CreateTestConfig.reg and reboot, then use ShowKey (from the zip) to see what keystroke the power button reports, and you can map this back to the button id.

JR
Thanks...gonna give this a try tonight Nod
I wonder if it's the same as the top left button on the Asrock remote. If it is then the id is 27 (hex).

JR
jhsrennie Wrote:Grab mceremote.zip from http://xbmcmce.sourceforge.net/. In the zip is a test config that assigns keystrokes to every possible button id from 0 to 255. Run the CreateTestConfig.reg and reboot, then use ShowKey (from the zip) to see what keystroke the power button reports, and you can map this back to the button id.

JR

Hi, ran the testconfig reg file and rebooted. When I press any buttons on my remote nothing displays on the Showkeys? Is there something I'm missing?
@StevenSeagull:

I think I found a solution to your problem!!! Its nothing to do with the SHFT+CTRL+X or whatever letter is at the end. What you actually doing or something in your PC is preventing your XBMC from properly shutting down. Instead when you close it, its actually crashing and not shutting down properly. Hence leaving its process in the background still running.

If this happened to you again just go to the windows task manager and find XBMC.exe *32 and end task it. if you now try the remote button it will work.

I would also recommend updating to the latest XBMC release and when shutting down XBMC use the shutdown menu or press the power button on your remote and it will bring the shutdown menu then choose Exit XBMC as its the safest and most reliable way as I found after several days testing Smile
*BUMP*

Main Post updated in page one, sorry for the delay I was very busy and could not deliver as promised but anyways as they say Good things come to those who wait Tongue
rendered Wrote:Hi, ran the testconfig reg file and rebooted. When I press any buttons on my remote nothing displays on the Showkeys? Is there something I'm missing?

Very odd. Run the MSRemote.reg config and reboot then try ShowKey, then try the CreateTestConfig.reg again. What model is your remote? Is it the Microsoft one or is it a clone?

JR
Lightbulb 
Hello everyone. First of all thanks for the job. Everything works fine except for the volume.
This does not work in xbmc and even in windows. I tried to use showkey but nothing appears on the volume keys. Help me please ... I can not get up from the couch every time I increase or decrease the volume RoflRofl

I have original mce remote (Microsoft with Teletext) and dharma beta 2
Which .reg file did you use?

JR
jhsrennie Wrote:Which .reg file did you use?

JR

The last one, version 1.20.rar with Replace .xml

Ector
jhsrennie Wrote:Very odd. Run the MSRemote.reg config and reboot then try ShowKey, then try the CreateTestConfig.reg again. What model is your remote? Is it the Microsoft one or is it a clone?

JR

Yeah it's very strange. I don't think Showkey is working on my PC - none of the buttons I press generate any RegIDs. I am using the following MS MCE remote:

MS MCE Remote

Running MS Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit...
it's not working for me. i have a iTrans receiver with mce remote. can someone tell me how to fix it with a iTrans receiver?
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way15