Speeding up Aeon65???
I've been playing around with Aeon65 using xbmc-r32375-Dharma as well as the last few updates before it.

Switching between menus, i.e. Home menu to Movies or Music to Home, there is a delay of between 3 and 5 seconds where the screen goes black and I have to wait. Using Aeon Showmix or Confluence or any other skin I don't have the delay. The problem is none of those are as nice as Aeon65.

I'm running a 1.8ghz Phenom with 4 gigs of ram and Vista 64. As I said, nothing else seems to have the delay and while I know that Aeon65 is more graphic's intensive than other skins, my system should be able to handle it.

So is this normal and I need to get used to it or is there some tweaks and twists I can employ to speed it up a bit. I love this skin and I can't find anything else that matches what I want. But the small delay is just annoying.
I had the same problem updated to recent night build and it seems fine now.
I am finding the same thing. SVN 31996 and Aeon65 for Dharma. See my system specs below. I have hangs between menu screens and flipping multiple titles in Movies for example is choppy. I have 230+ movies in my library. I am living with it because it's an awesome skin

BinaryMonkey....what build did you update to and what build did you replace? And was it a fresh install?
Desktop / Media Server: Win10 x64, ThermalTake Commander G42 case, Asus Maximus VII Hero, Intel Core i5 4460 3.20GHz, Gigabyte Geforce GTX750, CM M 1000w, 8GB GSkill, Samsung SSD 840 Pro 120GB, 2x WD Black 1TB RAID 1, WD 6TB + WD 4TB spanned, single 3TB

Intel NUC with Openelec in TV room.
Try enabling dds -

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=59115
If you have been trying lots of skins especially other versions of aeon try deleting your guisettings.xml also disable all the views in settings that your not using that should help a little

Both of the above work especially guisettings.xml its caused problems in the past and that was the solution to the problem

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=58107
Hitcher Wrote:Try enabling dds -

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=59115

I have enabled DDS, and it seems to work. However, when I check the files in my library, I see that about 80% of my thumbnails etc. still are .tbn's (probably the older movies), is there a (safe) way to completely redo the generated library?
coendeurloo Wrote:I have enabled DDS, and it seems to work. However, when I check the files in my library, I see that about 80% of my thumbnails etc. still are .tbn's (probably the older movies), is there a (safe) way to completely redo the generated library?

It only works on your cached fanart
Brad P Wrote:I am finding the same thing. SVN 31996 and Aeon65 for Dharma. See my system specs below. I have hangs between menu screens and flipping multiple titles in Movies for example is choppy. I have 230+ movies in my library. I am living with it because it's an awesome skin

BinaryMonkey....what build did you update to and what build did you replace? And was it a fresh install?

it was a fresh install yes, I always clean my beta data before a new install, build xbmc-r32375-Dharma also latest Aeon65, although now I am having issues of not being able to get trailers and movie information updated so .... ^_^
coendeurloo Wrote:I have enabled DDS, and it seems to work. However, when I check the files in my library, I see that about 80% of my thumbnails etc. still are .tbn's (probably the older movies), is there a (safe) way to completely redo the generated library?

Yes, I just did this. You need to be able to compile source code. NOTE: This will increase the size of your thumbnails folder x5.

1. Download the Nvidia Texture Tools source
2. Edit the source in nvimage->ImageIO.cpp to include the code posted here by dustbustr
3. Compile it
4. Make a .bat file and use the source from the link posted in step #2.
5. Place it in your Thumbnails folder (userdata), and set the correct path for Nvidia Texture Tools.
6. Run the .bat file to convert all of your thumbnails (.tbn, .jpg, .png) to .dds. This will take some time.
PBoD Wrote:Yes, I just did this. You need to be able to compile source code. NOTE: This will increase the size of your thumbnails folder x5.

1. Download the Nvidia Texture Tools source
2. Edit the source in nvimage->ImageIO.cpp to include the code posted here by dustbustr
3. Compile it
4. Make a .bat file and use the source from the link posted in step #2.
5. Place it in your Thumbnails folder (userdata), and set the correct path for Nvidia Texture Tools.
6. Run the .bat file to convert all of your thumbnails (.tbn, .jpg, .png) to .dds. This will take some time.

You don't need to do this with the latest builds it will do it for you
Fluffy75 Wrote:I've been playing around with Aeon65 using xbmc-r32375-Dharma as well as the last few updates before it.

Switching between menus, i.e. Home menu to Movies or Music to Home, there is a delay of between 3 and 5 seconds where the screen goes black and I have to wait. Using Aeon Showmix or Confluence or any other skin I don't have the delay. The problem is none of those are as nice as Aeon65.

I'm running a 1.8ghz Phenom with 4 gigs of ram and Vista 64. As I said, nothing else seems to have the delay and while I know that Aeon65 is more graphic's intensive than other skins, my system should be able to handle it.

So is this normal and I need to get used to it or is there some tweaks and twists I can employ to speed it up a bit. I love this skin and I can't find anything else that matches what I want. But the small delay is just annoying.

Please consider upgrading to Win7 64-bit. The difference is night and day. I always cry a little when thinking of people stuck with Vista...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Speeding up Aeon65???0