Quick Question about XBMC Live and Night and Skins
I was wondering what is the main difference between these two builds? I'm new to the xbmc game and was trying to get some skins set up. However when I installed the aeon skin to xbmc live via sftp, the fonts on the main page were a bit too huge. It's like the words were cramped on each other.

Do I need to install a nightly build to use skins or do I have to do some extra configuration in Live to get it to work properly?

Also, I had removed a skin while it was active because it kept crashing. Now when I boot in takes me directly to sudo command screen. How can I reinstall the confluence skin via sudo commands?

The little time I experienced with xbmc was awesome and I would love to get it back and running sometime this week. Laugh
First off, Welcome...

Now down to business....

Since you are using XBMC-Live, to fix the skin problem(though this might not fix the loading problem) enter the following on the command line:

cd /home/xbmc/.xbmc/userdata

sudo nano guisettings.xml

this will open the file the controls which skin(and a lot of other GUI settings) in a text editor. Look for something that looks like this:
Code:
<lookandfeel>
        <enablerssfeeds>true</enablerssfeeds>
        <font>Default</font>
        <rssedit></rssedit>
        <skin>Aeon</skin>
        <skincolors>SKINDEFAULT</skincolors>
        <skintheme>SKINDEFAULT</skintheme>
        <skinzoom>0</skinzoom>
        <soundskin>SKINDEFAULT</soundskin>
        <startupwindow>10000</startupwindow>
    </lookandfeel>

Though Change the <skin>Aeon</skin> to <skin>Confluence</skin> (I might be wrong on the capital C in Confluence - I believe I am correct though)

Then press Ctrl-X and save the file.

type:
sudo service xbmc-live start

and hopefully you are off to the races...

If you see the following message:
start: Job is already running: xbmc-live

Try:
sudo service xbmc-live stop

then:
sudo service xbmc-live start

If XBMC-Live still does not start, you can delete the guisettings.xml file and restart XBMC-Live with the above command(sudo service....) It should rebuild the file to the default settings.

There is also a way to upgrade your XBMC-Live to the latest 'Nightly build'

Try fixing 9.11 first then we can move to the next step..
Thanks for the welcome. The following worked after renaming the skin to Confluence. Up and running again woot! Thanks for that info, will keep it for future reference.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Quick Question about XBMC Live and Night and Skins0