Windows port?
Is it possible to get a Windows port of this XBMC? I'm tired of using the web server.
As said countless times before. All GUI code is heavily integrated with the android framework and would not make sense porting. The only thing you could reuse would be the communication part which is just a small portion of the application. Also note its in JAVA which is not what windows phone uses or even supports afaik.

So with all those points it makes more sense to just write it from scratch for windows phone and if anyone wants to do that it would be most welcome and I'd love to answer questions regarding jsonrpc or httpapi if need be.
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
topfs2 Wrote:....scratch for windows phone and....

Not that it really matters, but I think clutch meant a port for plain windows, not for a windows phone.

It sure would be nice though, with a windows port.. I find myself controlling my original xbox from the kitchen labtop quite often, and the web interface really has it's limitations.

/m
Everything holds true even more on normal windows. Checkout YATSE on this forum, haven't used it myself but seems to be a rather nice windows application to control xbmc.
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
YATSE seems interesting.. messing around with it right now. However it doesn't seem to support the xbmc 9.04.1 version i am running on my original xbox. Oh well..

Thanks for the tip though!

/m
If he want's to run it on windows what's wrong with running the apk in an android emulator?
HTPC Rig:
Acer Revo 1600 /Tira2 IR rcvr
NAS: UNRAID
It is slow and needs a gigabyte of ram... ok for testing but not really usable.
XBMCLive Dharma beta 2 running on an ASRock ION 330 HT

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Windows port?0