create playlist and add as content
I have a basic XBMC install on a Win7 box.
I'd like to create a playlist and have it displayed as a click and watch in my library. (Going for a WAF)

For example...I'll create a random episode of Golden Girls playlist, and I'd like to be listed with all my other shows. Is there any easy way to do this?

Also, am I creating a playlist the right way? From home screen:
1. Go into TV Shows
2. Browse to "Up" arrow
3. Browse to ".." directory
4. Browse to Playlists

Surely, there is an easier way?
You can add playlists you create to favourites you can also add them to the main menu or sub menu in certain skins

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=76529

You can add them to the main menu in any skin its not hard just read the skinning wiki or look at the xmls Smile
I'll have to read up on Favorites. I am still on the default skin, but I'm still playing with all the options.
Its simple just highlight what you want in favourites press C on your keyboard and select add to favourites Smile
I know that, thanks. I mean after that. how to access the list, what you can do with it, etc.
On the Confluence home screen bottom left their are three icons press left and select the middle one this will bring up your favourites menu on the right
offhand, do you know if there is a hotkey for this?
Look in the keyboard.xml your find the following entry

Code:
<browser_favorites>ActivateWindow(Favourites)</browser_favorites>

So its currently mapped to the "browser_favorites" key you can change that to anything you want to bring up favourites
Last night, I created my Random TV show playlist which contains all the episodes of a show. I made it a favorite, then loaded the favorites from the shutdown menu.

I'm halfway to my goal and WAF. When I click on the playlist, it just plays a random episode. Can I modify the system so it loads the playlist or a menu or choices, rather than just plays? And if I stop an episode, it just returns tot he home screen.

I realize I'm getting pretty specific, but I know XBMC is powerful, and I may have just missed some of these features. (Along with thousands of others I have yet to discover)
Your have to go into your userdata folder and open your favourites.xml with a text editor and edit the playlist entry I have one for HD movies so I'll use that as an example

Original entry

Code:
<favourite name="HD Movies">[b]PlayMedia([/b]special://profile/playlists/video/HD Movies.xsp)</favourite>

Edited entry

Code:
<favourite name="HD Movies">[b]ActivateWindow(10025,[/b]special://profile/playlists/video/HD Movies.xsp)</favourite>

The part in bold is all that needs changing this is actually the default behavior in the new builds, that will open the playlist as a library don't miss the comma between 10025,special
Excellent. As soon as the new build is final, I'll install it, get rid of Win7 as the underlying OS, and have a rock solid HTPC.

Thanks for your help. I'll probably have some more n00bish questions in the future.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
create playlist and add as content0