[LINUX] HOW-TO install and configure Sick Beard on Ubuntu (Setup Guide Tutorial)
I used your guide and installed in on Virtual Ubuntu 10.04.1 just to figure everything out. I then took that knowledge and installed in on my Ubuntu Server without a hitch.

Thanks for the great guide. The CLI version will definitely help many.
ZACH Wrote:I used your guide and installed in on Virtual Ubuntu 10.04.1 just to figure everything out. I then took that knowledge and installed in on my Ubuntu Server without a hitch.

Thanks for the great guide. The CLI version will definitely help many.

That's a great way to lean Zach and I'm glad it worked out for you!

You're welcome and I'm glad it helped you!

Take care,
daemox
Introduction

Greetings, this is an updated Install, Setup, and Configuration guide for Sick Beard on Ubuntu 10.04 LTS (Lucid Lynx). This guide should also be easily adapted to other GNU/Linux distributions like Linux Mint 9 (Isadora), Linux Mint 10 (Julia), Xubuntu, Kubuntu, and Lubuntu and somewhat close for Debian Squeeze, aptosid, Linx Mint Debian Edition (LMDE) and any other Debian (and even Gnome) based distos.

This guide will be actively maintained and updated throughout the two year life of the Ubuntu 10.04 LTS (Lucid Lynx) release. Ubuntu 10.04 LTS is my supported and recommended operating system so I will not be doing specific guides for Ubuntu 10.10 (Maverick Meerkat), 11.04 (Natty Narwhal), or for any subsequent releases until Ubuntu 12.04 LTS (though this guide should be easily adaptable for any interim releases).

This guide is considered a companion guide to my SABnzbd+ Install, Setup, and Configuration Guide as it assumes you have a fully functioning installation of SABnzbd+. It can be used without, but it's not supported. I recognize that there are other people with other interests, but to be able to ensure a high quality guide with regular updates I have to focus on specifics (such as Ubuntu 10.04 and SABnzbd+ being already installed). There are simply too many variables otherwise!

Sick Beard is seeing steady and progressive development and while it is still considered developmental software, it is being used regularly by many with minimal issues. For anyone looking for a Usenet PVR application, or for anyone using Episode Butler or similar applications, I strongly recommend trying out Sick Beard! As, I'd bet dollars to donuts that you might just stick with it (and for good reason!).

For those who are not familiar, Sick Beard is an application that can, at its basic level, be used to automatically scan any existing episodic content that your computer might have, create a list of all the files that are present and missing, and then automatically search for any missing episodes that you might want.

It can then send these found sources to SABnzbd+ and then rename and organize them for you. Sick Beard when combined with SABnzbd+, XBMC, and some solid search providers can make for a fabulously streamlined setup (one that is second to none).

This guide, like my others, is written in casual English in an effort to be accessible by as many as possible, we'll stay out of the command line as much as possible and stick to the good old graphical user interface (GUI). I do not think Ubuntu is a nerd only operating system and I try to write my guides so that even novices can utilize them (see my About page for more details).

Please see Ainer.org for the complete, fully-formatted guide!

For those of you that are familiar with my guides. This is an update to include all changes in Sick Beard from the last few months. There have been changes throughout!

Enjoy!
daemox

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LINUX] HOW-TO install and configure Sick Beard on Ubuntu (Setup Guide Tutorial)0