Small controller project
im trying to pull a small mod in xbmc all i want is to send a small signal trough the rumble controller whenever i select a program or music, so i can know what file is being played so i can send a different rumble signal in each, is just a small project to learn how to code in xdk and xbmc (and so far ive learned a lot!Wink

unfortunately im stuck, i have 2 problems

1.-i have created a new function for the class controller that sends the signal , but i dont know where to use it. (cguiwindowprograms seems like the right class but i dont know where)

2.-i have no idea where to get the list number for the icon im seing in the screen (called button in the code)

any help on this will be apreciated.

if i can get this to work, i will get to the second step of the project, to call a small video preview from the directory im reading (for videos and programs) and play it on the background, while selecting the icon (yes i know thats more difficult so im saving that for later when im more experienced)

thanks!

added manually by pike, check your gmail for verification mail anyhow
ok after reading around for a while, i have discovered the answer to my question is to use a python script to send that info (without modificating the current xbmc functions) im now looking into how to get python to use my modified controller class.

p.s. is this the right forum for this?
you won't be able to use python.

you were on the right track the first time. you should have the executable that was clicked on in the onclick() method of cguiwindowprograms. there you can call whatever function you have that does the rumbling.

cheers,
jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

thanks for that answer jmarshall, yes you are right but now i have a small problem, ive added my function setrumble, in the cxbapplicationex class but this class (apparently) is not attached to cguiwindowprograms so i cant use it from there, where can i place this class so i can use it there?

also, well this is just a minor problem, but i want a function that is called when you change the focus to an icon. ive looked everywhere for this function but i have not found it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Small controller project0