Xbox hardware info: it shows them all...
ok, just noticed the new temperature detections for 1.6 xboxes. well, i have a 1.6, and i finally decided to try the automatic temperature controls. however, i found that it didn't detect the correct cpu temperature, it always stayed at 61 degrees and the automatic temperature control wouldn't function properly because of that.

i have a 1.6 xbox with xecuter 2 with the latest bios (5035, i think) and compiled the latest cvs a few hours ago.
test shows that the v1.6 goes up to 67 degress..
so 61 is normal for you..
the new feature will set the v1.6 temp to the nearest real temp..!
[ reference: v1.6 cpu head temp measurement ]
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

i still think something is wrong with it cause right now it shows as 8.03 degrees after i turned off all the temperature options in xbmc...
a few things still not reporting correctly here. video output is still reporting as s-video and it is actually component.

and i am having the same issues as many others with the internet connection not reporting correctly through a router...tried both dhcp and static settings, tried setting the dns to the router and tried the real dns and still no joy. are there some ports that need to be forwarded for it to report correctly?
1.6 xbox, 8degrees celsius cpu temp - i think not very accurate, or even close!
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

oh i dunno 'pike' my xbox autodetects my refridgerator Smile
lossol93: there's no way to tell between s-video and component - it depends on the actual adapter. the only ones we can differentiate is:

standard av
scart
hdtv
s-video (the advanced av pack for instance)
vga (reported as such, but is usually an s-video cable)

hmmm... i messed around with my fan's speed on my 1.6 and got some wierd results....

3 screenshots all taken within a minute to show what the tempuratures are. tested the fan speed override at 10%, 50%, and 100%. after increasing fan speed, the cpu increases and the gpu increases. but with the gpu temp, it decreases after an additional 10% starting at 50%. also the tempuratures stay at what they first show

one thing i noticed recently, when you are viewing the system info screen and a screensaver appears, you are not returned where you left off, it always takes you back to the default tab.

also, since it is not possible to detect the differences between some inputs, perhaps in these cases it would be best to detect the av pack used, so instead of s-video/composite, it could say "standard av pack" or something to that effect as it is still better than an incorrect report.  just a thought.

regards,
los93sol

edit: also, internet is still not detecting properly...tried everything i can think of and have been looking for a solution, but so far haven't seen any unless i overlooked it.
is there some way i can get to all these wonderful system info values using python scripts? can i display them in any other windows (i.e., musicvisualisation.xml)?
XP Pro SP3 - Intel G45 - Core 2 Duo 2.66GHz - 2GB RAM - Intel GMA X4500HD Video - MCE Infrared - Adesso WKB-4000US RF Keyboard

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xbox hardware info: it shows them all...0