• 58(current)
AudioEngine branch - DO NOT REQUEST BINARY BUILDS
shadow Wrote:Woohoo 45 minutes ago gnif updated his repo, looks like he is working on AudioEngine again.
Thanks...and I hope that he'll deliver the good news soon!
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
xcellent gnif, we have weather again and dvd rips are playing back. a couple things pops entering and exiting xbmc are getting louder. still have to restart xbmc after a resume from sleep to prevent black screen, no audio and freeze up. It is same error i posted in the log a few pages back, both lines in the error point to alsasink. I have googled forever but cannot find anything YET.

make clean on the pull before compiling or it will error out on the make. I cannot recall in the past did we have to use (sudo) when we ran make. it would not build without it.

rgds,

Dave
Excellent news! Hopefully now we can get a merge into trunk soon...
Hi all,

using the latest gnif updates, i've merged opdenkamp git and gnif git in a new branch.

For checkout it, use this command:

git clone -b AE-betaEden git://github.com/dado483/xbmc.git

Happy testing

Davide
Silly question, right now, AE's working great for me using your (dado483's) last bunch of commits before the ones you just posted about. DTS-HD, and True-HD stuff is working about as perfect as I'd like. So, let's say I download your latest commits, and something doesn't work as nicely as it does now, how can I revert to what I'm running now?

In Windows I could compile a copy, install it to c:\some-directory, run it with the -p switch, and keep it self contained. Can I do that in Linux (ubuntu, currently). Thanks again, I'm comfortable with Linux, just never figured out how I would do something like that.

Also, not sure if this counts as a known issue or not, but currently Bitstreaming _some_ DTS (non-HD) tracks stutter (that's fine, whatever, it's beta!)

So the workaround for this is to tell XBMC I don't have a DTS compatible receiver, and let it do the decoding. But if I do that, it ALSO does the decoding for DTS-MA (core obviously) tracks. So even though there are separate checkboxes for DTS-MA, and DTS within the Setup --> Audio section, it looks like you can't have XBMC decode _ONLY_ DTS, and bitstream DTS-HD. (does that make sense?)

Thanks folks!
@gnif,

I see you've just made some more commits! Welcome back... you've been missed.

Good luck with the audioengine work.

Cheers Wink
Hey all,

Yes, I am back and at it coding, got some news also on the development front, going to keep it short since its 2:30 am here right now, need some sleep:

PAP
* Fixed FF/RW and seek
* Fixed codec interfaces to support channel maps
* Added channel mappings to FLAC, OGG, MP3 and the DVDPlayerCodec (AAC, etc).
* Added passthrough support via DVDPlayerCodec (untested)
* Fixed improper track length calculations that may have been causing strangeness.

Quick details on whats going on development wise, Team-XBMC have decided that AE will be pushed into master after the Eden release weather its ready or not. So I am trying to get as much core functionality working as possible. Pretty much most crash bugs have been squashed with ALSA and missing features are now back.

PulseAudio is next on the list of things to get implemented, so that when it hits master all that is left to do is make OSX/iOS work.
I am not scared of SVN - Cutting my hands open on the bleeding edge.
gnif Wrote:Quick details on whats going on development wise, Team-XBMC have decided that AE will be pushed into master after the Eden release weather its ready or not.
Welcome back...we're very happy that you are working on it again, and thank you very much for all your works. Cheer! Smile

Is there a chance that your latest DTS-HD/TrueHD supports include in Beta 2? Smile
@blueray, not a chance... the code changes required to make DTS-HD & TrueHD work are enormous, that is one of the reasons a new audio subsystem had to be developed from scratch.

To give an idea on the amount of new code that AE is introducing, there are a total of 16,613 lines in the AudioEngine core alone (includes comments, so subtract a few hundred), that does not include the PAP rewrite nor the hundreds of changes across XBMC required to make it work with AE. There is absolutely NO way this would get into Eden at all.
gnif Wrote:@blueray, not a chance... the code changes required to make DTS-HD & TrueHD work are enormous, that is one of the reasons a new audio subsystem had to be developed from scratch.

To give an idea on the amount of new code that AE is introducing, there are a total of 16,613 lines in the AudioEngine core alone (includes comments, so subtract a few hundred), that does not include the PAP rewrite nor the hundreds of changes across XBMC required to make it work with AE. There is absolutely NO way this would get into Eden at all.
That is not good...is there any forecast on it? Perhaps, in Beta 3 or 4 or 5! Smile
gnif Wrote:Team-XBMC have decided that AE will be pushed into master after the Eden release

This means exactly what it states.
gnif Wrote:This means exactly what it states.
Thanks! I'm cleared on "Team-XBMC have decided that AE will be pushed into master after the Eden release".

But I'm not clear on "@blueray, not a chance... the code changes required to make DTS-HD & TrueHD work are enormous". Is there any projected forecast to include DTS-HD/TrueHD support in XBMC?
"Beta X" implies "Eden Beta X" in the context of the thread, Eden Beta X is pre Full Release "Eden"

So until Eden has been released and is out the door, the feature freeze is lifted and Frodo development begins, AE code will not be merged into master.

The majority of this code I have single handedly written in my spare time with a bit of assistance here and there from other devs for performance and bit-streaming issues.

The target is to have AE in Frodo, even if developers have to be dragged tooth and nail into it by forcing them to get used to and use the new AE core. But like any code, it will be ready when its ready, just be patient.
gnif Wrote:"Beta X" implies "Eden Beta X" in the context of the thread, Eden Beta X is pre Full Release "Eden"

So until Eden has been released and is out the door, the feature freeze is lifted and Frodo development begins, AE code will not be merged into master.

The majority of this code I have single handedly written in my spare time with a bit of assistance here and there from other devs for performance and bit-streaming issues.

The target is to have AE in Frodo, even if developers have to be dragged tooth and nail into it by forcing them to get used to and use the new AE core. But like any code, it will be ready when its ready, just be patient.
Sure, thanks! I hope that XBMC give you all the help you can on DTS-HD and TrueHD codes, and I hope that XBMC put DTS-HD and TrueHD supports on their high priority radar. Again, thank you for all your works! Smile
Welcome back to it gnif. I've been checking your repo daily lol. I've been doing some work on getting the WASAPI sink working in exclusive mode, as well as using your m_rawBuffer & passthrough flags to bitstream FLAC/PCM data. Got that going successfully on two & multi-channel in exclusive mode, just gotta check it didn't break anything with other sinks. This bypassed the integer->float->integer conversions just as your raw passthrough did.

To help myself I extensively commented/CLOG'd the source, so I can provide very good debug info.

Will take a look at what you've done for the channel-mapping etc.

In a nutshell, welcome back and I'll be a happy tester using:
Win 7 x64
ATI HD6470M
HDMI connection
Denon AVR3808CI
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
  • 58(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AudioEngine branch - DO NOT REQUEST BINARY BUILDS15