Batch Image Conversion?
Recently I organized my movies and downloaded the posters for each of them. Unfortunately I did not read the Wiki ahead of time as to which size is recommended for the DVD Covers and decided to go with the "bigger is better" mindset (damn those ads I see everywhere...)

So I ended up with a good portion of my movies have 1000x1500 covers. Which XBMC will (rightly so!) not display.

So I have two questions I'm hoping to get some help with:

1.) What is the maximum size that XBMC supports? In the wiki I saw that the recommended is 182x256 but I know I will not be able to find that in every case and was wondering what I could get away with.

2.) Does anyone know of a batch image conversion program that can scan my directory of movies (1500+) and identify/resize the ones over a given resolution? If not, maybe one that will resize all *.jpgs to a given resolution?

My other idea was to go through XBMC and manually write down all the names of the movies that will not display the covers and resize it manually. I'm thinking that is what I will have to do but I know we have some smart cookies here and thought someone may have a better idea.

I really appreciate any help that is tossed my way.

Thanks!
wm
XBMC will read those images just fine, so you dno't have to do anything. By default it resizes them into a rectangle that has area at most 512x512 pixels, while keeping the aspect ratio.

If it's not loading an image then there's some other reason for it.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Batch Image Conversion?0