NFO or Filename
So I am just starting off building my XBMC library and currently using The Renamer and Ember Media Manager to organize and scrape my library.

My question is that The Renamer renames my shows to "Showname.SxxExx.EpisodeTitle" and if its HDTV I add .HDTV at the end to fire the metadata flag (renamer doesn't support this AFAIK). Ember Media Manager creates an NFO file for each episode.

Will XBMC use that NFO file for the metadata flags (720p, ac3, etc) or will it look at the file name first?

Thanks in advance.
Some skins look at file names for extra media tags, however they are not required.

xbmc scans the media file when its added to the library and extracts all of the required media flags.
additionally you can see it for yourself in EmberMM,

in the metadata section you can see that it detects the media tags such as video, audio & subtitles,

some skins like Alaska e.g. are reading those metadatas to show the audio language and subtitle language (read from the mkv itself)

In my "Movies" folder I have each movie in a separate folder called the very same name than the movie, I never put extra "flags" like "bluray" "hddvd" or "hdtv", which causes EmberMM to show a "?" as first icon in the tags because it does not admit by itself than everything higher than 720p is assumed to be bluray, but I don't mind that,

I'm using Transparency! which assumes such things, so all my >720p are assumed to be Bluray so it show the correct flag and everything <720p is assumed to be dvd so it shows the correct flag, same goes for my series, if >720p transparency assumes it's HDTV, if <720p it assumes it's SDTV

hope that helps a bit
[XBMC-DX r31103 T! r455]
.:LAPTOP:. Dell [C2D E6400] [8G DDR2] [Intel X4500HD] [LED 14'' 1280*800@60p]
.:NAS:. Antec [Ci7 920] [12G DDR3] [Matrox m9148] [19.4 TiB] [Triple Samsung 22'' 5040*1050@60p]
.:HTPC:. Antec [C2 Q9400] [6G DDR2] [nv GT240 VP4] [SB X-FI Ti] [Toshiba 46'' 1920*1080@24p] [Logitech Z5K5]

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NFO or Filename0