• 5(current)
[RELEASE] South Park Studios Addon
Thanks for the update, Bluecop. Working again on win7/64 with updated librtmp.
Hi Bluecop,

I was able to adapt your script to work on the xbox. below is the pastebin of the default.py The changes start in the settings section, line 111. *Edit, actually needed to include xbmcaddon at the beginning as well.

http://pastebin.com/cWFvrFUG

Thanks to t0mm0 for giving me a bit of direction. He also referenced me to the following post, which then again links to the usage of xbmcaddon
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=570786

**EDIT 2**
I just tested it in Windows XBMC and this works as well (: Guess I should have tried it before posting, but no harm no foul lol.
Has anybody managed to use this in europe? Doesn't seem to work from Sweden as it seems to direct us to the US website and that doesn't work but the swedish website has all the videos too.

Anybody know how I'd go about making it work? I've poked around the wesite but I am new to getting the correct info from the website.
I'm not sure if this will work for sure, but open up the default.py in a text editor, then do a search and replace for southparkstudios.com. replace it with southparkstudios.se. there should be more than 1 instance of it in the default.py. replace em and let us know if this works at all (: lol

*EDIT*

I just tested my theory, and unfortunately it is not correct. There are other behind the scenes changes between the .com and .se versions. They do indeed look similar, I'm just not sure how to do it. ):
mrdally204 Wrote:I just tested my theory, and unfortunately it is not correct. There are other behind the scenes changes between the .com and .se versions. They do indeed look similar, I'm just not sure how to do it. ):

Both websites are just a little bit different. You can find a (hopefully) working South Park Addon in my testing-repo: http://code.google.com/p/membrane-xbmc-r...p&can=2&q=.

Please choose a suitable one (in your case 'South Park Studios se'):
America: South Park Studios us/int
Europe: South Park Studios se/int
Sweden: South Park Studios se
Germany (German): South Park Studios de/de
Germany (English): South Park Studios de/en

After my exams next week, I want to merge them.
mrdally204 Wrote:I'm not sure if this will work for sure, but open up the default.py in a text editor, then do a search and replace for southparkstudios.com. replace it with southparkstudios.se. there should be more than 1 instance of it in the default.py. replace em and let us know if this works at all (: lol

*EDIT*

I just tested my theory, and unfortunately it is not correct. There are other behind the scenes changes between the .com and .se versions. They do indeed look similar, I'm just not sure how to do it. ):

Thanks but I actually checked quite extensively before doing the post. The websites work differently. I tried fixing it myself but at the time I also couldn't find a fix Sad

membrane Wrote:Both websites are just a little bit different. You can find a (hopefully) working South Park Addon in my testing-repo: http://code.google.com/p/membrane-xbmc-r...p&can=2&q=.

Thanks. I will test it immediately Big Grin
The se version is non-working. There were some minor errors in the code which I fixed but the stream is not playing.

I'll look into it in more detail a little bit later to see if I can fix the issue
Thanks to a fix mrdally204 sent to me over at xbmc4xbox forums it's working great for me (at least it is on xbox, not tried on PC yet). If you want to take a look at the thread I started it's here and you'll find the fix there too. Hope it helps.
membrane Wrote:Both websites are just a little bit different. You can find a (hopefully) working South Park Addon in my testing-repo: http://code.google.com/p/membrane-xbmc-r...p&can=2&q=.

Everything works great, it load list show episode picture in the left, but when I start to play some episode then it says opening stream and then it says cant play stream check log.
You might need to update your rtmp to a newer version if you see a handshake failure
How can I update it ?
Yes after I performed some more tests here, it seems they are using type 9 rtmpe stream Sad

Anybody knows if this is even being worked on or if the protocol for type 9 is just totally unknown and there's no hope for a fix soon? That's another website which is unwatchable. Sad
RTMP update for Windows

Check out the bottom posts in that thread. has a link to the latest RTMP for windows version. I believe all you do is replace the current librtmp installed and you are on your way.

I'm still looking to find an updated version for my ATV2, no luck yet.
The link is cut. Can you repost the full link?
Try the link now. Latest version I am using is from post 9 on that forum
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] South Park Studios Addon0