Switching to 50Hz for 24fps material (720p)
Hi,

On my projector with 1280*720 @ 60Hz display, and adjust refresh rate 'on'. I've noticed that if I play a 23.976fps or 24fps video the refresh rate gets adjusted to 50Hz. The display only supports 50/60Hz at this res.

Anyone else had this?
Patches welcome.
That is normal. It's a closer fractional match to 24fps.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

ok, thanks for your answers.

Is the display refresh calculated by, available refresh rates/video fps, and takes the one closest to an integer?

which bit of the code deals with Hz choices?

And how does xbmc 'see' the available refresh rates/resolutions?
So XBMC will only adjust to the closest refresh rate supported by my screen? That's really cool if so, I disabled this feature as my display doesn't support 24p so I had assumed it would mess up playback of some videos.
I can confirm this is working as it should be: With 'adjust display refresh to match video' on 720P50 material my display was properly switched to 50Hz (pioneer kuro) with the July31 Dharma build.
neil.j1983, xbmc enumerates the available resolutions+refresh rates on startup (WinSystemWin32.cpp IIRC)
and you have the refresh rate selection in CBaseRenderer::ChooseBestResolution().
Always read the Kodi online-manual, the FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Kodi Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Switching to 50Hz for 24fps material (720p)0