Video OSD/Info and Escape from Playing Videos
Forgive me if this is 'my' problem as I've had to do some re-working of my remote since the Enter-No-Longer-Brings-Up-The-Menu submit.

So, a couple things that seem kind of odd to me.
- If I go to TV Shows
- Go to the TV Show/Season Directory
- Hit enter to play a video
- It plays for a while
- I hit escape (maybe by mistake, maybe because I'm an idiot), that brings me back to the TV Show/Season directory
- I hit enter on the video that's playing, and it starts back from the beginning. Would it make more sense if you hit enter on a video that is already playing that it go back to playing that video full screen rather than re-starting it? Obviously Tab (toggle fullscreen I believe) would also do the trick, but my way seems more intuitive.

The other thing that's always sort of seemed quirky is while typing 'o' to bring up codec info, and hitting it again, turns it off (toggle), typing 'm' (or whatever the OSD/Info key is) brings up the Info window, and hitting it again just re-opens it. Escape works, but again it seems that a toggle function for the OSD/Info panel would be more intuitive.

All that being said, maybe there are reasons for the above that I am not privy to. The first one seems almost buggish, and I thought about submitting a trac...but I scare easily and did not want to anger the devs. The second one to me has always seemed like a 'polish' thing...it looks sort of odd to see the info window slide in all nice and slick, and then you hit the button again, and it just disappears and slides in again.

Thanks for reading!
'i' perhaps?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Well darn. How'd I miss that? And what the hell key am I sending that's not toggling. Argh. Sorry to waste your time on that one.

What about the other item? Any thoughts on that one? (the hitting enter on a playing video thing?)
nathanjones Wrote:What about the other item? Any thoughts on that one? (the hitting enter on a playing video thing?)

Hmm, I quite like the fact that Enter always restarts a video or audio track.

I think you can change the action of Enter in the Settings, though I can't remember exactly where in the Settings.

JR
Really? It seemed kinda kludgy to me...I couldn't think of a reason I'd want to restart something from the beginning that's already playing...or rather, on a regular basis...or by selecting it in the file listing.

No matter, I've got the tab/toggle-fullscreen thing if I ever escape a playing video by accident.

Thanks again!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video OSD/Info and Escape from Playing Videos0