HDMI Switch not working with AsRock ION330 HT
Hi all,

I have an Asrock ION330 HT which I want to output to my TV which only has one HDMI port. I also have a PS3.

I have purchased a HDMI switch/splitter which will (theoritcally) allow me to use both devices without having to switch cables around. It has auto sensing which detects which device is on and uses that one. If both are on, you can switch between them using the built in button. Easy.

Now, when I connect it just to the Asrock and TV it doesn't work, it keeps flashing on the input light and no signal gets through. If I plug just the PS3 in, it works fine. If I plug the PS3 in and the Asrock and have the PS3 off, it doesn't work. However, if I power both the PS3 and the Asrock on it works as expected and I can switch between inputs. As soon as I power off the PS3 it loses signal again and flashes.

What I have tried;
Switching cables
Switching ports
Switching resolutions and refresh rates

The unit has a very basic manual which mentioned a 5amp DC adapter which should only be used when using cables longer than 20 metres. The cables I have are 2 metres. The electronics store took it and tested with HTPC's and other units and could not replicate the problem.

Anyone encountered something similar? Or have a solution?

Thanks

Sponks
Problem fixed with the DC adapter. The Asrock mustnt produce enough power over HDMI to power it.
I know this is an old post, but I must know what adapter you used. I have an ASRock Vision 3D 137B Intel Core i3-370M Mobile Processor Intel HM55 NVIDIA GeForce GT 425M and can't get it to work wiht my Aten HDMI Matrix on short runs of cable. My ASRock is listed as having a 90W/19V Adapter.
(2010-08-04, 05:42)sponks Wrote: Hi all,

I have an Asrock ION330 HT which I want to output to my TV which only has one HDMI port. I also have a PS3.

I have purchased a HDMI switch/splitter which will (theoritcally) allow me to use both devices without having to switch cables around. It has auto sensing which detects which device is on and uses that one. If both are on, you can switch between them using the built in button. Easy.

Now, when I connect it just to the Asrock and TV it doesn't work, it keeps flashing on the input light and no signal gets through. If I plug just the PS3 in, it works fine. If I plug the PS3 in and the Asrock and have the PS3 off, it doesn't work. However, if I power both the PS3 and the Asrock on it works as expected and I can switch between inputs. As soon as I power off the PS3 it loses signal again and flashes.

What I have tried;
Switching cables
Switching ports
Switching resolutions and refresh rates

The unit has a very basic manual which mentioned a 5amp DC adapter which should only be used when using cables longer than 20 metres. The cables I have are 2 metres. The electronics store took it and tested with HTPC's and other units and could not replicate the problem.

Anyone encountered something similar? Or have a solution?

Thanks

Sponks

i think there is some problem in your ip.please reconfigure your ip if hdmi over ip problem has been resolved then will be able to do your work.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HDMI Switch not working with AsRock ION330 HT0