• 4(current)
[RELEASE] The Daily Show (Video) Addon
I'd like to contribute a change in code. This should extend the compatibility of the Colbert Report to XBMC4Xbox as well. The new code for the defauly.py is in the pasetbin below.
Changes: include xbmcaddon
Changes from line 10-17
changes from line 270 -282.

Test it out please and let me know if it works for you system. Tried both Xbox and windows 7.

default.py

Pastebin
Here is an updated default.py for The daily Show, again making it compatible with XBMC4Xbox as well as XBMC (tested on windows 7). Before updating your default.py, can you please verify that the show from 5/19/11 (latest) fails to play while others do not. I am having the same problems on both my edited default.py and the original. Besides the mentioned issue, this appears to be compatible with Windows and Xbox that I have tried. Can you please test on other systems, and give feedback as needed!

Changes Made:
Import xbmcaddon
Changed lines 13-20
Changed lines 339-351

Default.py

Pastebin
I am getting:
Code:
oneadvent@oneadvent-laptop:~/source/rtmpdump$ make SYS=darwin
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/oneadvent/source/rtmpdump/librtmp'
gcc -dynamiclib -flat_namespace -undefined suppress -fno-common -headerpad_max_install_names  -o librtmp.0.dylib rtmp.o log.o amf.o hashswf.o parseurl.o  -lssl -lcrypto -lz
gcc: suppress: No such file or directory
gcc: unrecognized option '-headerpad_max_install_names'
make[1]: *** [librtmp.0.dylib] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/oneadvent/source/rtmpdump/librtmp'
make: *** [librtmp/librtmp.a] Error 2
oneadvent@oneadvent-laptop:~/source/rtmpdump$ sudo apt-get install  libssl-dev
[sudo] password for oneadvent:
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
libssl-dev is already the newest version.
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 5 not upgraded.
oneadvent@oneadvent-laptop:~/source/rtmpdump$

Does anyone know what i'm missing here?
oneadvent Wrote:I am getting:
Code:
oneadvent@oneadvent-laptop:~/source/rtmpdump$ make SYS=darwin

Does anyone know what i'm missing here?

Your on linux not darwin use:

Code:
make SYS=posix
Looks like its working! Thanks!

Code:
oneadvent@oneadvent-laptop:~/source/rtmpdump$ make SYS=posix
gcc -shared -Wl,-soname,librtmp.so.0  -o librtmp.so.0 rtmp.o log.o amf.o hashswf.o parseurl.o  -lssl -lcrypto -lz
ln -sf librtmp.so.0 librtmp.so
gcc -Wall   -DRTMPDUMP_VERSION=\"v2.3\"   -O2   -c -o rtmpdump.o rtmpdump.c
gcc -Wall  -o rtmpdump rtmpdump.o -Llibrtmp -lrtmp -lssl -lcrypto -lz
gcc -Wall   -DRTMPDUMP_VERSION=\"v2.3\"   -O2   -c -o rtmpgw.o rtmpgw.c
gcc -Wall   -DRTMPDUMP_VERSION=\"v2.3\"   -O2   -c -o thread.o thread.c
gcc -Wall  -o rtmpgw rtmpgw.o thread.o -lpthread -Llibrtmp -lrtmp -lssl -lcrypto -lz
gcc -Wall   -DRTMPDUMP_VERSION=\"v2.3\"   -O2   -c -o rtmpsrv.o rtmpsrv.c
gcc -Wall  -o rtmpsrv rtmpsrv.o thread.o -lpthread -Llibrtmp -lrtmp -lssl -lcrypto -lz
gcc -Wall   -DRTMPDUMP_VERSION=\"v2.3\"   -O2   -c -o rtmpsuck.o rtmpsuck.c
gcc -Wall  -o rtmpsuck rtmpsuck.o thread.o -lpthread -Llibrtmp -lrtmp -lssl -lcrypto -lz
oneadvent@oneadvent-laptop:~/source/rtmpdump$ sudo make install
[sudo] password for oneadvent:
make[1]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
mkdir -p /usr/local/bin /usr/local/sbin /usr/local/man/man1 /usr/local/man/man8
cp rtmpdump /usr/local/bin
cp rtmpgw rtmpsrv rtmpsuck /usr/local/sbin
cp rtmpdump.1 /usr/local/man/man1
cp rtmpgw.8 /usr/local/man/man8
sed -e "s;@prefix@;/usr/local;" -e "s;@libdir@;/usr/local/lib;" \
                -e "s;@VERSION@;v2.3;" \
                -e "s;@CRYPTO_REQ@;libssl,libcrypto;" \
                -e "s;@PRIVATE_LIBS@;;" librtmp.pc.in > librtmp.pc
mkdir -p /usr/local/include/librtmp /usr/local/lib/pkgconfig /usr/local/man/man3
cp amf.h http.h log.h rtmp.h /usr/local/include/librtmp
cp librtmp.a /usr/local/lib
cp librtmp.pc /usr/local/lib/pkgconfig
cp librtmp.3 /usr/local/man/man3
cp librtmp.so.0 /usr/local/lib
cd /usr/local/lib; ln -sf librtmp.so.0 librtmp.so
ksosez Wrote:I dont know if there is an easy way to compile on ATV2. I know compiling stuff on OSX is pain compared to Linux though. So cant really help you there. Maybe someone will compile it and offer up a binary of it.

Could someone please post some instructions for recompiling this on the ATV2? It's a letdown that The Daily Show and The Colbert Report plugins won't work.
Compiled rtmpdump latest vers 2.3 from svn and installed. Still getting errors as follows:

Code:
02:23:08 T:3054204800 M:820760576 WARNING: CDVDMessageQueue(player)::Put MSGQ_NOT_INITIALIZED
02:23:08 T:2889620336 M:820760576  NOTICE: Creating InputStream
02:23:09 T:2889620336 M:820260864 [b]WARNING: HandShake: Type mismatch: client sent 6, server answered 9[/b]
02:23:09 T:2889620336 M:820260864 WARNING: HandShake: Server not genuine Adobe!
02:23:09 T:2889620336 M:820260864   [b]ERROR: RTMP_Connect1, handshake failed.[/b]02:23:09 T:2889620336 M:820260864   ERROR: CDVDPlayer::OpenInputStream - error opening [rtmpe://cp9950.edgefcs.net/ondemand/mtvnorigin/gsp.comedystor/com/dailyshow/TDS/season_15/episode_002/ds_15002_02_640x360_1300.mp4 swfurl=http://media.mtvnservices.com/player/release/?v=4.5.3 swfvfy=true]
02:23:09 T:2889620336 M:820260864  NOTICE: CDVDPlayer::OnExit()
02:23:09 T:2889620336 M:820260864  NOTICE: CDVDPlayer::OnExit() deleting input stream

I was trying to watch the Daily Show and the Colbert Report. Same errors on both, tried rebooting but same thing.

Are you really watching this using XBMCbuntu or xbmc-live/ubuntu?

EDIT: It kinda started working, it now has stopped giving me errors. It has taken it a very long time to load, now both shows have just decided to start working after trying them for 30 minutes straight. I have no explanation!
Mine still doesn't work after that compiled library.
Ubuntu 10.04 and 10.10

sudo apt-get update

sudo apt-get install libssl-dev

sudo apt-get install openSSL

Should be good to go.
Is there a way to download these shows?
I did the update libssl-dev and openSSL and still no go with this plugin. I am running version version 2.3 of rtmpdump
speed32219 Wrote:Is there a way to download these shows?

Bump
speed32219 Wrote:Is there a way to download these shows?

Yeah its called usenet in combination with a program called sabnzbd and another called sickbeard or torrents with a program called TVShows. Or you capture one of the divx streams from the icefilms.info plug-in, once they recover from being hacked. Or a plug-in for Firefox called Sothink Flash Downloader to name 4 out of 2 or 3 dozen different ways or places to do it.

But a plug-in that bypasses some of the web protocals to allow XBMC's flash simulation to play streams Comedy Central posts on their website is probably the best tool for that job, especially when there are so many options to do that.

Downloading it is in many ways much, much easier than getting the streams the networks provide to work on your conditions. Sorry to get snippy but there are really a dizzying array of places and means to download t hat show. That really isn't an effective use of time or focus.
Acer Revo 3610 w/ Ubuntu 10.10, Giada Cube Win 7, 2 ATV 1's one w Crystal HD card, UnRaid server w/ SAB/SickBeard/Couch Potato/Transmission, MacBook Pro, Hackintosh Dell Mini 10v
It appears that there has been a change to the Colbert Report site, as the script fails Sad Any chance of a fix?
Hi! I am pretty new on this, as my post count indicates (first one!).

Just installed XBMC and the awesome BlueCop repo. A lot of cool things! But my Daily Show plugin does not work and gives me the typical error: HandShake: Type mismatch: client sent 6, server answered 9.

Now, being totally new to this and being on Win 7, where do I put the librmtp.dll file? And if it is on the same folder as rmtpdump, where do I even put that to start with?

PS: I am using the latest binaries from http://rtmpdump.mplayerhq.hu/
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] The Daily Show (Video) Addon0