• 5(current)
[RELEASE] The Daily Show (Video) Addon
use the RTMP listed in the link below. I think it is more recent. as far as the placement it is in program files/xbmc/system/players/dvdplayer Simply overwrite the dll file

RTMP
mrdally204 Wrote:use the RTMP listed in the link below. I think it is more recent. as far as the placement it is in program files/xbmc/system/players/dvdplayer Simply overwrite the dll file

RTMP

Perfect, it worked!! thank you very much Smile
I am looking into the Colbert Nation issue.

EDIT: Uploaded a fix to the repo. Should autoupdate shortly for everyone.
it is just a domain thing. it needs the colbert nation domain added to the links. i will try to post a fix when i get home.
Thanks for the update, but I will also boo/hiss at you for not including my minor changes for universal compatibility Wink Thanks for fixing it!
I've tried every suggested solution here and on the repository itself's issues list...still no go.

Anyone have any alternative ideas to what's been suggested already?
I'm not really sure what the problem is you are having. Update the RTPM, the add on should auto update and you will be in business
Updated rtpmdump....install addon. No dice.

BTW..I'm running Live 10.1 on Ubuntu Minimal 10.04.3...running rtmp dump v.2.3.2
TheUriah Wrote:Updated rtpmdump....install addon. No dice.

BTW..I'm running Live 10.1 on Ubuntu Minimal 10.04.3...running rtmp dump v.2.3.2

Install from git: RTMPDump v2.4

git clone git://git.ffmpeg.org/rtmpdump
(IF error install git:
sudo apt-get install git)

cd rtmpdump
make
sudo make install

If you get errors try this first:
sudo apt-get update

sudo apt-get install libssl-dev

sudo apt-get install openSSL

Good Luck.
speed32219 Wrote:Install from git: RTMPDump v2.4

git clone git://git.ffmpeg.org/rtmpdump
(IF error install git:
sudo apt-get install git)

cd rtmpdump
make
sudo make install

If you get errors try this first:
sudo apt-get update

sudo apt-get install libssl-dev

sudo apt-get install openSSL

Good Luck.

I did the update and libssl-del and openSSL installs awhile back, but I did them again for good measure. Got git installed and followed your instructions, didn't get any errors...but still no stream from the plugin. (Also attempted doing all of the above, removing the plugin, rebooting, and reinstalling the plugin afterwards.)

EDIT: Hmmm...okay..so I followed your instructions but I notice that when I simply execute rtmpdump, it shows are version 2.3....so something is going wrong. Any ideas?

EDIT 2: Decided to try removing rtmpdump, and doing your instructions fresh. Everything seemed to go well, but now when I try running rtmpdump to check the version, I only get this: bash: /usr/local/bin/rtmpdump: Permission denied

EDIT 3: Also added x to the file properties...can now run and see version, which now shows as 2.4....plugin still doesn't open a stream.

EDIT 4...yes 4: Just double checked the log to make sure it was the usual error:
22:52:46 T:140606222301248 M:2907697152 WARNING: HandShake: Type mismatch: client sent 6, server answered 9
22:52:46 T:140606222301248 M:2907619328 WARNING: HandShake: Server not genuine Adobe!
22:52:46 T:140606222301248 M:2907619328 ERROR: RTMP_Connect1, handshake failed.
FIXED!!!

So here was the magic spell that fixed this for me:

sudo apt-get upgrade librtmp-dev

Hopefully my misery helps someone else...thanks to those of you who tried to help and sent me on the right track.
seand Wrote:Yeah its called usenet in combination with a program called sabnzbd and another called sickbeard or torrents with a program called TVShows. Or you capture one of the divx streams from the icefilms.info plug-in, once they recover from being hacked. Or a plug-in for Firefox called Sothink Flash Downloader to name 4 out of 2 or 3 dozen different ways or places to do it.

That's what I'm referring to without naming the current plugins that have download or better yet like Icefilms "Download and Watch". Yes there are many ways to download the show, but to have it integrated into the plugin is by far the slickest and esaiest way to do it.

Maybe I should reword this post to, can someone add download or watch and download, with the later preferred, to this great plugin. Like Icefilms did, not long ago.

Thanks for all your suggestions.
yea but python doesnt support rtmp. so how would I save the file? xbmc doesnt have an interface to save rtmp. I would have to call something external like rtmpdump which would have to be compiled for each platform.

too much hassle. it just isnt going to happen unless someone writes and rtmp library for python.

icefilms is easy because its http and python has a lot of support for http.
BlueCop Wrote:yea but python doesnt support rtmp. so how would I save the file? xbmc doesnt have an interface to save rtmp. I would have to call something external like rtmpdump which would have to be compiled for each platform.

too much hassle. it just isnt going to happen unless someone writes and rtmp library for python.

icefilms is easy because its http and python has a lot of support for http.

Listen, I appreciate all your plugins, don't get snippy. I was just asking, and no one was responding except to tell me all the ways I already knew. I just wanted to know if it could be done in the plugin for ease of use. Thank you for explaining to me the difference between RTMP and http as far as the differences in downloads. I thought if you could get the screen then writing it to a file would be possible. I was wrong in that assumption, it seems to be a lot of work using RTMP.
interpret whatever tone you like. I was just laying out information.
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] The Daily Show (Video) Addon0