Using XBMC to Playback Movies & TV Shows Stored on a NAS
Hey Guys,

So I've been trying to figure out the best way to share all of my Movies and TV Shows throughout the house. I think I've finally come up with a decent solution. Now I use Mac's primarily, but I know I'll need a PC in the mix somewhere for creating the databases (scrapers) and what not.

Anyway here is my plan:

1) Have an old desktop with a 1TB drive (Raid Mirroring) do all of the downloading and scraping. I will keep a copy of all the media on this PC's drive.

2) Send the entire 'Media Folder' to a NAS 1TB drive.

3) Buy a little nettop PC or something (open to suggestions) and install XBMC on it. Then to populate the 'Movies' and 'TV Shows' sections, I will just point the library to the NAS device... Of course all of the media on the NAS will already be in perfect shape, scraped, etc.

How does this sound - will it work? Can I stream movies and whatnot over Wireless N through XBMC or do I need to have the data physically on the device (USB or internally) that is going to play it back?

I could really use some help getting all this sorted out, has anyone done anything similar? Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

-Mike

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Using XBMC to Playback Movies & TV Shows Stored on a NAS0