DTS-MA audio tag
Hi eveyone,

I have a couple of movies that have DTS-MA track in itself but unfortunately I can't manage to get DTSMA audio tag to appear in XBMC.

File name that I use is: Avatar.2009.Bluray.1080p.DTSMA.x264.mkv
The only audio tag that appears is DTS 5.1
it depends on whether or not xbmc recognizes the audio stream as dts-ma.
check the codec info during playback (press 'o' on keyboard).
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
ronie Wrote:it depends on whether or not xbmc recognizes the audio stream as dts-ma.
check the codec info during playback (press 'o' on keyboard).

How about in library mode? The audio tag should be displayed there?
Goliath2000 Wrote:How about in library mode? The audio tag should be displayed there?

as i said:

Quote:check the codec info during playback (press 'o' on keyboard)

and let me know which codec xbmc reports.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
I don't think it is going to show up as DTS-MA because XBMC does not yet have native support for it
Although now I am wondering if there is any way to have the proper tags show up for DTS-ES and Dolby-EX (both 6.1 tracks), they currently tag as 5.1, however my receiver does recognize them as 6.1 tracks played via xbmc.
i don't feel like repeating myself over and over again...
see my previous reply ;-)
The audio codec during playback only shows DTS 6 channel but my receiver shows up as DTS-ES 6.1 (7 channel). In addition if I open the movie in mpc and check under properties it shows DTS-ES 6.1. XBMC/Transparency is passing it through properly, just not tagging it appropriately.
Darby Wrote:The audio codec during playback only shows DTS 6 channel but my receiver shows up as DTS-ES 6.1 (7 channel). In addition if I open the movie in mpc and check under properties it shows DTS-ES 6.1. XBMC/Transparency is passing it through properly, just not tagging it appropriately.

I agree with you Darby! DTS-MA source in mkv files is very hard to get passthrough. I don't even use internal player, always using MPC-HC x64.
Any way to have the tags for Dolby-EX and DTS-ES show up?
xbmc needs to provide this info to the skin.
if xbmc does not (correctly) identify the audio stream, there's nothing i can do.
Ok, thanks for letting me know anyways, hopefully xbmc will implement this in the future.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DTS-MA audio tag0