• 3(current)
[RELEASE] Multiroom Audio & Video Streaming Plugin (Syncronized)
teshephe Wrote:Did you leave the master at the default of 224.1.1.152:1152?

and on the client the source url to listen on should be udp://@224.1.1.152.1152 Big Grin

Make sure that you don't have any typos on the client side.... this has even bitten me a few times during testing.

Also, what version of powershell is installed? Huh

Ok, couple things for you:
(1) I can reliably and repeatedly set up the Master, select an audio track or a video track, and have it playback on my Slave machine - BUT only by using standalone VLC on the Slave machine. My Slave machine VLC is pointing to the UDP stream and it plays back any audio or video I throw at it thru the Master. So we firmly established the settings on the Master, and the UDP address is correct.

(2) During the Slave definition process of the Addon, (where you define the slave address and name), Windows 7 kicks XBMC out of fullscreen mode, and flashes 3 rapid CMD windows. I can't catch these so I don't know what they are. When they clear out, I have to manually switch to XBMC. This is more of an annoyance than anything else at this point - just something for your to-fix list later.

(3) When playing back audio, I did discover a couple issues. Using the default settings of the Playercorefactory.xml, XBMC will get kicked out of fullscreen mode, while VLC initiates its dummy interface, which is the CMD window. This can be suppressed using the hideconsole setting of course.
However, I noticed that if I selected a new audio track, this interface stacks - meaning another VLC is started. The more items I pick to play, the more VLC processes get stacked up. I ended up with 5 or 6 VLC processes running on the machine. This of course corrupts the stream and ruins the playback. So that's one big issue there - something has to kill or take over the VLC process as soon as the playback has stopped or changed.

(4) Powershell version on Win7 is 1.0

(5) Searching on my Master machine, I cannot find the BAT files you mentioned. I will detail below what I see in each directory so we can determine if the deployment is going wrong. I am installing the addon inside of XBMC thru the addons function.

Here is my home directory. "HOME" is the username on the machine.
C:\Users\Home\AppData\Roaming\

XBMC\addons\plugin.program.multiroomaudio\addon.xml
XBMC\addons\plugin.program.multiroomaudio\changelog.txt
XBMC\addons\plugin.program.multiroomaudio\default.py
XBMC\addons\plugin.program.multiroomaudio\icon.png
XBMC\addons\plugin.program.multiroomaudio\LICENSE.txt
XBMC\addons\plugin.program.multiroomaudio\readme.txt
XBMC\addons\plugin.program.multiroomaudio\resources\avsources.xml
XBMC\addons\plugin.program.multiroomaudio\resources\settings.xml
XBMC\addons\plugin.program.multiroomaudio\resources\__init__.py
XBMC\addons\plugin.program.multiroomaudio\resources\__init__.pyo
XBMC\addons\plugin.program.multiroomaudio\resources\language\English\strings.xml
XBMC\addons\plugin.program.multiroomaudio\resources\lib\multiroomaudio_plugin.py
XBMC\addons\plugin.program.multiroomaudio\resources\lib\multiroomaudio_plugin.pyo
XBMC\addons\plugin.program.multiroomaudio\resources\lib\__init__.py
XBMC\addons\plugin.program.multiroomaudio\resources\lib\__init__.pyo
XBMC\addons\plugin.program.multiroomaudio\resources\search_engines\__init__.py
XBMC\addons\plugin.program.multiroomaudio\resources\search_engines\Yahoo\search_engine.py
XBMC\addons\plugin.program.multiroomaudio\resources\search_engines\Yahoo\__init__.py
XBMC\addons\plugin.program.multiroomaudio\resources\skins\Default\PAL\script_MultiroomAudio_main.xml
-------
XBMC\userdata\addon_data\plugin.program.multiroomaudio\avsources.xml
XBMC\userdata\addon_data\plugin.program.multiroomaudio\settings.xml
-------
XBMC\userdata\playlists\Multiroom-AV\AUDIO\AV-Source-Master.pls
XBMC\userdata\playlists\Multiroom-AV\VIDEO\AV-Source-Master.pls
Sno Crash Wrote:Ok, couple things for you:
(1) I can reliably and repeatedly set up the Master, select an audio track or a video track, and have it playback on my Slave machine - BUT only by using standalone VLC on the Slave machine. My Slave machine VLC is pointing to the UDP stream and it plays back any audio or video I throw at it thru the Master. So we firmly established the settings on the Master, and the UDP address is correct.

(2) During the Slave definition process of the Addon, (where you define the slave address and name), Windows 7 kicks XBMC out of fullscreen mode, and flashes 3 rapid CMD windows. I can't catch these so I don't know what they are. When they clear out, I have to manually switch to XBMC. This is more of an annoyance than anything else at this point - just something for your to-fix list later.

(3) When playing back audio, I did discover a couple issues. Using the default settings of the Playercorefactory.xml, XBMC will get kicked out of fullscreen mode, while VLC initiates its dummy interface, which is the CMD window. This can be suppressed using the hideconsole setting of course.
However, I noticed that if I selected a new audio track, this interface stacks - meaning another VLC is started. The more items I pick to play, the more VLC processes get stacked up. I ended up with 5 or 6 VLC processes running on the machine. This of course corrupts the stream and ruins the playback. So that's one big issue there - something has to kill or take over the VLC process as soon as the playback has stopped or changed.

(4) Powershell version on Win7 is 1.0

(5) Searching on my Master machine, I cannot find the BAT files you mentioned. I will detail below what I see in each directory so we can determine if the deployment is going wrong. I am installing the addon inside of XBMC thru the addons function.

Here is my home directory. "HOME" is the username on the machine.
C:\Users\Home\AppData\Roaming\
XBMC\addons\plugin.program.multiroomaudio\addon.xml
XBMC\addons\plugin.program.multiroomaudio\changelog.txt
XBMC\addons\plugin.program.multiroomaudio\default.py
XBMC\addons\plugin.program.multiroomaudio\icon.png
XBMC\addons\plugin.program.multiroomaudio\LICENSE.txt
XBMC\addons\plugin.program.multiroomaudio\readme.txt
XBMC\addons\plugin.program.multiroomaudio\resources\avsources.xml
XBMC\addons\plugin.program.multiroomaudio\resources\settings.xml
XBMC\addons\plugin.program.multiroomaudio\resources\__init__.py
XBMC\addons\plugin.program.multiroomaudio\resources\__init__.pyo
XBMC\addons\plugin.program.multiroomaudio\resources\language\English\strings.xml
XBMC\addons\plugin.program.multiroomaudio\resources\lib\multiroomaudio_plugin.py
XBMC\addons\plugin.program.multiroomaudio\resources\lib\multiroomaudio_plugin.pyo
XBMC\addons\plugin.program.multiroomaudio\resources\lib\__init__.py
XBMC\addons\plugin.program.multiroomaudio\resources\lib\__init__.pyo
XBMC\addons\plugin.program.multiroomaudio\resources\search_engines\__init__.py
XBMC\addons\plugin.program.multiroomaudio\resources\search_engines\Yahoo\search_engine.py
XBMC\addons\plugin.program.multiroomaudio\resources\search_engines\Yahoo\__init__.py
XBMC\addons\plugin.program.multiroomaudio\resources\skins\Default\PAL\script_MultiroomAudio_main.xml
-------
XBMC\userdata\addon_data\plugin.program.multiroomaudio\avsources.xml
XBMC\userdata\addon_data\plugin.program.multiroomaudio\settings.xml
-------
XBMC\userdata\playlists\Multiroom-AV\AUDIO\AV-Source-Master.pls
XBMC\userdata\playlists\Multiroom-AV\VIDEO\AV-Source-Master.pls

Oo I think I found the problem. BTW... I PM'd you so....Shocked Now, if we can get rid of those F$%#@@# dos windows...
Enjoy OpenSource! :nod:
MY SETUP: XBMC 12 Frodo RC3, Multiple Asus EB1501's throughout the Home for XBMC based STB's
Once I'd found the README file and worked out that selecting the sources in the plugin only deactivated them, and that you needed to add the Multiroom-AV folder as a source, it all worked.

The only problem I have is that my MCE remote stops working after selecting play until the track ends.

Good job so far, many thanks.
paulsykes Wrote:Once I'd found the README file and worked out that selecting the sources in the plugin only deactivated them, and that you needed to add the Multiroom-AV folder as a source, it all worked.

The only problem I have is that my MCE remote stops working after selecting play until the track ends.

Good job so far, many thanks.

Thanks Paul.

You mean you actually read the readme?!!! Shocked

I really need to document this guys.... I know... just as soon as I get the foundation set and the more input I get the better. Big Grin

Regarding the MCE remote.... working on that...

What platform are you using Linux, Windows?
MY SETUP: XBMC 12 Frodo RC3, Multiple Asus EB1501's throughout the Home for XBMC based STB's
teshephe Wrote:What platform are you using Linux, Windows?

I'm using Ubuntu 10.04 with latest Dharma beta2 from the ubuntu ppa.

Keyboard works fine, it's just the remote stops working during playback. You mentioned that the plugin is based on the launcher plugin. Does this specifically take focus away from xbmc so that the remote works on the launched app rather than xbmc itself?
Hi

Would it be possible to start a video on a TV, then stream the audio via HTTP so i can listen to it with my iphone??

I know VLC can do it, i just dont know how to "capture" the audio from XBMC,

If no,

Can you point me how to capture/set-as-input-sound XBMC?
Can Some one plz do a youtube video, setting up the plugin for master & slave, A I feel It would help people out alot, thanks.
Download X-cite_V0.3 - 13th June 2007
Download from Rapidshare
Or
Download from Megaupload
dfmos Wrote:Can Some one plz do a youtube video, setting up the plugin for master & slave, A I feel It would help people out alot, thanks.

In the works dfmos. Once I get the base finalized. Wink

1.0.9 BETA should be up on the google code site this evening if you want to check it out.
paulsykes Wrote:I'm using Ubuntu 10.04 with latest Dharma beta2 from the ubuntu ppa.

Keyboard works fine, it's just the remote stops working during playback. You mentioned that the plugin is based on the launcher plugin. Does this specifically take focus away from xbmc so that the remote works on the launched app rather than xbmc itself?

Most of the launcher code has been removed or deprecated. It should not lose focus. There are "some" bugs on the Windows base but I am slowly working out the kinks. Oo

What platform are you running on?Big Grin
wil32 Wrote:Hi

Would it be possible to start a video on a TV, then stream the audio via HTTP so i can listen to it with my iphone??

If no,

While it is definitely possible, its not really the focus at the moment. Big Grin

You have the ability to transcode within the module if you know the string you need via VLC.
wil32 Wrote:Hi

If no,

What are you trying to do?Big Grin

What platform are you on? Linux/Windows?
teshephe Wrote:Most of the launcher code has been removed or deprecated. It should not lose focus. There are "some" bugs on the Windows base but I am slowly working out the kinks. Oo

What platform are you running on?Big Grin

Linux/ubuntu 10.04. I keep forgetting xbmc runs on Windows Big Grin
teshephe Wrote:What are you trying to do?Big Grin

What platform are you on? Linux/Windows?

Im on windows,

i wanna send the movie's audio that plays in my TV using XBMC, broadcast that audio or watever so my iphone can recieve it so i can listen to the movie with my headset
paulsykes Wrote:Linux/ubuntu 10.04. I keep forgetting xbmc runs on Windows Big Grin

Have you upgraded the addon?
@ teshephe:

I only today discovered this thread. Don't know how I missed it! Great work. I had also a few days ago found a much older thread in the features suggestion forum where I fanatasized about almost exactly what you have done. I rambled on a bit about how this could be useful for much more than multiroom audio support but would rather point you there if you care to read my ramblings than to reproduce the bulk of it here and possibly somewhat derail this thread.

However, I do have a few specific questions that are the core of my thoughts on the subject:

1. It seems that for true multiroom audio in a larger than average house (where distributed whole house audio is typically found), you will have some zones that are audio only with no video display. You could set up a box for each of those rooms that is hidden in a closet (either in each room or a centralized location where all wire pulls for speakers return as is typical in distributed audio), but I have to ask the natural question: can multiple instances of XBMC be launched on one physical box, each tied to a specific output device? For instance six instances of XBMC launched on one box housing six PCIe or USB audio cards? If so, you nearly instantly have support using your plugin for controlling audio in any of those zones from any XBMC installation in the house. If this sounds impossible at a glance (I have no idea whether this would cause serious hardware/driver conflicts or not), would running multiple VM installations of XBMC hooked into separate USB soundcards be a possibility (from my limited understanding, USB is about the only type of physical hardware you can tie a VM application to)? And if "maybe" then would that fubar the unique network ID needed for your plugin to differentiate one instance from another?

2. Each XBMC instance needs an ID, and I've been checking out the way you handle that. Looks great once setup. But for end user simplicity, how difficult would it be for an XBMC instance to have an ID defined at setup and/or in system settings (or in your plugin) that broadcasts its presence whenever connected to the network, such that all XBMC instances on the network auto-populate your plugin without any more setup required? I think this has some basic functional usefulness, since you'd only see XBMC instances that were on at any given time.

3. I'll have to play around with your plugin more when I get home, but does it have the ability to monitor another XBMC instance vs. simply directing a stream there? i.e., can you tell what your kids are watching upstairs, and "tune in" to that stream if you want to say check out a movie that you aren't familiar with?

4. From what I gather, the use of VLC is because streaming content directly to the core players in XBMC is not guaranteed to produce syncronized video/audio rendering at each of those clients? Is that because of possible hardware differences at each client node, or something inherent in the streaming process? I understand that VLC has a clock that can be used for this purpose... is this far outside of the capabilities of XBMC or just something that would have to be patched into the core players? I ask, because I'm curious how it would affect the answer to my question 1 above. If (big if?) multiple instances of XBMC could be launched on a single physical box, would they suffer from the non-synced rendering problem? Would an instance of VLC be needed for each XBMC instance? Is that just asking for even more problems (I can't imagine how one instance of VLC is supposed to know what soundcard to use as render target)?
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Multiroom Audio & Video Streaming Plugin (Syncronized)1