• 5(current)
[RELEASE] Multiroom Audio & Video Streaming Plugin (Syncronized)
Rrrr,

Any luck?
Enjoy OpenSource! :nod:
MY SETUP: XBMC 12 Frodo RC3, Multiple Asus EB1501's throughout the Home for XBMC based STB's
Thanks for the quick reply.

I will need to wait till you support xbmc live, because its hooked up to my sonud system. To install that on a USB took a lot of time for me (various associated issues with resume from remote, slow boot time, etc) so I prefer to continue testing when Dharma becomes final.

Besides this, XBMC on my win7 "server" did not exit at all, even after 15+min waiting, so I uninstalled. Now I can exit normally. Maybe I did something wrong. Powershell is indeed already there.

I also tried installing on an XP system and installed Dharma beta2, but also there I have a problem it wont exit. In this case, exit still does not work, even though I followed your earlier instructions to remove all traces of the application.

I guess its better for me to wait till Dharma is final. But I am really interested to get this working then.
Rrrr Wrote:Thanks for the quick reply.

I will need to wait till you support xbmc live, because its hooked up to my sonud system. To install that on a USB took a lot of time for me (various associated issues with resume from remote, slow boot time, etc) so I prefer to continue testing when Dharma becomes final.

Besides this, XBMC on my win7 "server" did not exit at all, even after 15+min waiting, so I uninstalled. Now I can exit normally. Maybe I did something wrong. Powershell is indeed already there.

I also tried installing on an XP system and installed Dharma beta2, but also there I have a problem it wont exit. In this case, exit still does not work, even though I followed your earlier instructions to remove all traces of the application.

I guess its better for me to wait till Dharma is final. But I am really interested to get this working then.

Hmm.. tested on a new install of Win7 here and didn't get the issues you describe.

I am working on the shutdown lag issue anyway to correct that and I will put in the next release. It will probably require a manual shutdown of MAV which I can introduce as a button within the plugin. A better way that I am trying to figure out is to have the plugin know when a shutdown from XBMC has been issued.Wink

As far as the Live support, the plugin actually loads/works but there is an issue with the loopback with pulseaudio Eek.... trying to hammer that out too...
MY SETUP: XBMC 12 Frodo RC3, Multiple Asus EB1501's throughout the Home for XBMC based STB's
Lets start with the win7 as a streaming server.

I installed the addon again on my win7 system which is also 2 weeks old.
I just loaded the addon and did not do any of the configuration.

When I exit XBMC then right away, it exits normally.
When I start XBMC then, I get MAW Service Started mesage and then error message sendUDP.PY script failed
When I press exit then, XBMC will not exit at all. I killed XBMC.

Then I start XBMC, I configure the addon with VLC and a new name Masterwin7.
I also configure network on port 8080 with username XBMC, no password.
XBMC will then still not exit.

I will await your instruction
teshephe Wrote:Could be a firewall issue but a couple things to check...

Is your Win7 machine the master?

If it is... a couple things to check first is to goto task manager and make sure that there are 2 vlc instances running... manually stop the streamer and restart it to see if they pop up into the task manager.

2) If they don't, make sure that check that powershell is configured to execute scripts. Here is a link to show you how...

http://www.tech-recipes.com/rx/2513/powe...t_support/

3) In the plugin settings - (For Windows only) select the default audio player as
MR-Audio_Stream (only if this is the master). Unlike the linux variant where you have the ability to select "MAV Mulicast Sink" as the default audio output device which is how the audio is virtually piped to the streamer for broadcast, we have to hand feed the media to the streamer. BTW... there is a utility that I use to bypass this on my Windows based Master called Virtual Cable which creates a Directshow audio device but it cost $$. Not terribly expensive but if you want to know more about this let me know.

Keep me posted. Windows is a bitch Oo... but once setup, you won't have to mess with it anymore. Big Grin

So, I actually did some tests today, which weren't very successfull Sad

I managed to get VLC working in Background on my MASTER Win7, but only MP3 was beeing streamed to the network.
When I am starting any kind of VIDEO, nothing happens.
And on the client I do not receive anything, either Audio nor Video.

Videos will only play (local), when I set "play with" to DVDplayer.
Also the Trailer Plugins don't work anymore.
Even when I disable / delete the addon, XBMC still starts with this service (with error send recv script) and nothing is working.

Is there any way to set the Video Playback back to DVDplayer (default)!?

I would like to start over again with all this.

Thanks

or I got this error message in Apple Trailers here, meaning "external Player active"

EDIT : ALSO for YOUTUBE!

You can set the default video and audio player to DVDPlayer and PAPlayer via the addons settings the Generate the files and restart XBMC.

Where are you located? I am assuming Germany... Big Grin

I believe that your problem lies with the powershell portion... did you activate local script execution for powershell?

There is a link in a "above" thread that walks you through that. If you don't do this the activation scripts for streaming will fail.

Here is exactly how the settings should be for the Master....

HI,

I managed to do that again, thanks.

Video is now playing again. Only the Apple Trailers don't work.

And although I disable or uninstall the Add-ON, XBMC is still trying to execute the commands!

Yes, that Poweshell thing worked for me, thanks Wink

And I am stefan1983, not Rrrrr.., he is someone else...
Youtube also not working yet...

both, Youtube and Apple Plugin worked befor installing your Addon ;I)
hi !

i was wondering ...
why not using just xbmc python and httpapi with centralized source (nas) it will be much easier than streaming and will not require anything other than xbmc itself ?
Rrrr Wrote:Lets start with the win7 as a streaming server.

I installed the addon again on my win7 system which is also 2 weeks old.
I just loaded the addon and did not do any of the configuration.

When I exit XBMC then right away, it exits normally.
When I start XBMC then, I get MAW Service Started mesage and then error message sendUDP.PY script failed
When I press exit then, XBMC will not exit at all. I killed XBMC.

Then I start XBMC, I configure the addon with VLC and a new name Masterwin7.
I also configure network on port 8080 with username XBMC, no password.
XBMC will then still not exit.

I will await your instruction

The message sendUDP.PY script failed was because I had not enabled powershell scripts (unrestricted) as mentioned in messgae #65 above.

After enabling powershell scripts XBMC boots without the error message AND exits within 1 minute of clicking exit. Solved!

New issues:
1) When playing MP3 file with Play Using MR-Audio_stream I have the same message External Player Active as stefan1983 in #66 above and do not know how he solved it ...powershell is unrestricted.
There are no instances of VLC running...
I have another Win XP machine running VLC and listening to network stream udp://@224.1.1.152:1152 and he receives nothing.

2) When I click OK, I cannot prevent that XBMC movesw to the next song and again gives me the message External Player Active. This continues until the last song at the end of the MP3 directory
I wish I could read the readme, but it is unreadable even after word wrap gives me long lines.

I have made some comments/questions inside your instructions, perhaps it is useful for the readers and certainly for me if you can answer them. As I have no working streaming from my master streamer, it may be my additions are mistaken but I have taken all information from this thread.

INSTALLATION:

Basic Setup (MASTER):

0) Enable script support and control of XBMC via HTTP
For use on Win7 enable script support: http://www.tech-recipes.com/rx/2513/powe...t_support/
For use on W-XP ...install a powershell from here link ...
If you have not properly installed the powershell, you will get an sendUDP.PY error message on booting XBMC and XBMC may not exit properly.

On your master XBMC:
System > Network > Services > Allow Control of XBMC via HTTP and set the port to 8080

1) Install the plugin via Add-ons directory

2) Configure the plugin by selecting the path to your vlc executable
Windows: browse to your vlc.exe
XBMC Linux: what should be the path, should VLC be installed manually?
XBMC Live: what should be the path, should VLC be installed manually?

3) Configure the path for the generated pls files (usually /home/<username> for linux users and C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\My
Documents respectively for Windows users

4) IP or Multicast Address - You can leave this at the default but if you plan on having the ability of streaming at one point from any box make sure
that each box has a different Multicast IP and Port so that their is no overlap in the broadcast domain. Lets leave it for now at the default of

With this setup you could define a source for each on every box and tune into what is playing at any given time from anywhere in the house... starting to see the picture?

5) UDP/TCP Port: As mentioned before, this coincides with the above but lets leave it for now

6) SAP Name - Put a meaningful name with NO spaces for the SAP name

7) As this is the MASTER, then check the Global Master and Dedicated Streaming Server.
DEFINE MASTER, GLOBAL MASTER AND DEDICATED

8) Start Streamer on Startup: For Global Master (Master) select this box.

9) Again if this is a dedicated Master, then change the Default Video Player to MR-Video_Stream, leave the Default Audio Player as PAPlayer
??SEEMINGLY CONFLICTS with??
In the plugin settings - (For Windows only) select the default audio player as MR-Audio_Stream (only if this is the master). Unlike the linux variant where you have the ability to select "MAV Mulicast Sink" as the default audio output device which is how the audio is virtually piped to the streamer for broadcast, we have to hand feed the media to the streamer.

10) The defaults for the rest should be satifactory

11) Select OK to save the settings.

12) Goto the plugin and select Generate Files

13) Enable audio output on the streaming server
Win 7: Go to the plugin and select Loopback (audio will be reproduced internally on vlc)
Linux: Goto System > System > Audio output > Audio output device and select MAV Streaming Sink (Linux Only) Audio will be produced via the Loopback

14) Because this is the initial setup of the plugin a full Restart of your machine and XBMC is required.
Note: from here on out, any changes made to the Addon Settings will require a restart of XBMC only so that new playercorefactory.xml file can
be re-initialized. IT'S also a good idea to RE-GENERATE FILES everytime you make a change to the settings.

XBMC Client Setup:
1) Configure your paths.

2) Configure the SAP Name of the Client.

3) Dedicated Stream Server: enable when this is a windows based XBMC client.

3) Goto Misc Settings and select Auto Start Playing Source if you want this Client to automatically start playing the Master Source when the master starts streaming.
NOTE: If you are already playing any media on the client the Master will not activate the source on the client.

4) Select OK to save the Settings

5) Select Generate Files.... Requires a XBMC restart.

RESTART XBMC

6) Adding Sources:
Adding sources needs to be done on each client for Music streams and for Video streams in order to enable the client to pickup and play or autoplay the streams in the network that are broadcasted by the master(s).
To add a source now is very easy, in the MultiroomAudio plugin via the Context menu select "Add New AV Source", a dialogue will popup and now select "Auto Scan".
IS THIS THE SAME FOR LINUX/WINDOWS SYSTEMS? HuhI cannot find the context menu. Do you mean Music / Add source / Browse / SAP streams, is that what you meanHuh

From here it will automatically find the Master and any other possible MAV Clients on the network, provided they were initially configured and restarted. ;-)

Now that you restarted XBMC on your client

7) What is playing: Install client-initiated access to the broadcasted streams
Everytime you create a new streaming source on your client (remember, each master is a streaming source with its own streaming address) a .pls file is generated and stored in the Multiroom-AV folder of the client. In that folder there are always two subfolders name VIDEO and AUDIO.
Now, what you should do is go into the Music and the Video sections of the XBMC Client under "Files" and do "Add source" to add the VIDEO folder to the Video Section and AUDIO folder to Music. When you get to the point where you give the new item a name, for both instances call it Multiroom-AV and hit OK to save. So, What are we doing here...? Well, by doing this (ONLY ONCE) we will have the ability to access the sources via something like the XBMC Remote for iPhone or http....

You should be good to go:

Usage:

To use the plugin lets say to stream a video throughout the house...

1) Goto the MultiroomAudio plugin and activate the Localhost client (created earlier)
IS THIS STILL VALID IN THE CURRENT VERSION? WHAT LOCALHOST CLIENT? DO YOU MEAN under Programs / MultiroomAudio / START STREAMING ( in case this was not already enabled in Start Streamer on Startup )

Play a stream
2a) In the plugin (Programs), select Loopback if you wish to listen to or see the broadcasted stream on the streaming server too.
2b) Once activated, now goto your video section and navigate to a video that you want to play/stream... select the context menu for the item and select "play using" and choose Video_Stream.... viola! now you are streaming video throughout the home

3) You can now go to other XBMC's and use the plugin loaded on them to listen in, provided that you have created a source to use. ;-)

4) If you want to test if the Master is streaming properly without a XBMC as a client, use any Windows machine with VLC as follows:
Start VLC, select Media / Open Network Stream and enter the network address UDP://@224.1.1.152:1152
As soon as your client VLC detects a stream it will play.

You can use the same process described above for music as well. At this time, the plugin only supports streaming one media file at a time unless you create a playlist and use that to pass onto the streamer using the "play using"

BTW... it's not recommended to stream from a wireless sourced pc and it has been experienced that multiple multicast streams can put a heavy burden on your wireless network.

check out the readme for more info.

Enjoy!
stefan1983 Wrote:HI,

And although I disable or uninstall the Add-ON, XBMC is still trying to execute the commands!

Sorry about that, but if you want totally uninstall the plugin you need to also remove the generated playercorefactory.xml and autoexec.py in your userdata directory as the "uninstall feature" does not remove everything.
Smile 
teshephe Wrote:Sorry about that, but if you want totally uninstall the plugin you need to also remove the generated playercorefactory.xml and autoexec.py in your userdata directory as the "uninstall feature" does not remove everything.

Summary:

Uninstalling MultiroomAudio
====================

The "uninstall feature" does not remove everything yet, so the following steps help to clean up completely:

Uninstall MultiroomAudio via the addons section, close XBMC

Browse to the ~/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data directory and remove plugin.program.multiroomaudio

Browse to ~/.xbmc/addons/packages and remove plugin.program.multiroomaudio...zip

Browse to ~/.xbmc/addons and remove directory plugin.program.multiroomaudio

Browse to ~/.xbmc/userdata and remove playercorefactory.xml and autoexec.py

Smile
teshephe Wrote:Sorry about that, but if you want totally uninstall the plugin you need to also remove the generated playercorefactory.xml and autoexec.py in your userdata directory as the "uninstall feature" does not remove everything.

Understood, thanks!

Can this be implemented into the uninstall behaviour?

That would be nice, because I thought I killed my whole XBMC Setup :=)

And it would also be great to reset the Defaults for Audio & Video (DVDplayer and PAPlayer) if possible. Otherwise the XBMC Setup is a little messed up Smile

I am going to give this a new try.

I think, this might go easier with linux though...... Wink
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Multiroom Audio & Video Streaming Plugin (Syncronized)1