Night on iOS devices
Knowing you don't have an iOS device, there probably isn't much you can do but thought i would share my findings so far...

Still trying things out, but the first issue is with the home page it looks like the sub menus are not hidden the same way:

I'll do some edits and see what I can come up with. It looks like if we want to support the iOS devices it will likely take a different version of the skins to accommodate some of the nuances... Fun times ahead! Nod
-stoli-
Looks like it happens in T! also from a screenshot I saw. Does it happen in Confluence cuz my Home code is the same minus a few changes really...

If you're in a testing mood you should try the xbox4xbmc skins and see if the skins run smoother...

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
I am having the same issue with My ATV2. It is happening on both Confluence and Night. I have not tried any others yet but has anyone managed to find one that has no flaws? Confluence concerns me because this is the bread and butter of XBMC so I am not sure if there is a setting that needs to be changed?
mcborzu Wrote:Looks like it happens in T! also from a screenshot I saw. Does it happen in Confluence cuz my Home code is the same minus a few changes really...

If you're in a testing mood you should try the xbox4xbmc skins and see if the skins run smoother...

You barely notice it in Confluence because of the texture between the menu and submenu items, but it is there.

It appears that animations that would start or end off of the screen don't work - that's just a guess right now though.

Now to get the tools to upload skins manually to the iPad and really test this out...
-stoli-
since when has xbmc been on iOS? I guess I am really out if the loop.
xmurrx Wrote:since when has xbmc been on iOS? I guess I am really out if the loop.

Is there a main thread on it as I just heard today also?

Get ready for information overload: http://forum.xbmc.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=137 Smile

Looks like there are some real issues with sliding text and such. Just loaded up Night and Neon on the iPad and it's basically worthless. Lists that slide don't work unless there is a slider control present. In some cases sub-menus are expanded by default and cannot be closed/unselected. I can't find a way to have any of the settings display to change views....

Biggest issue I see at the moment is no way to bring up menus. Double tap on an item and it will bring up the context menu, but no way get other 'keystroke' menus that I can tell.

Definitely going to take some revisions to the skinning engine in the long run and some changes to skins in the short run.
-stoli-
8 pages of posts already, lol...Sucks for us to develop without an iPad or even a touchscreen, also seems like these need some custom skins rather than hacking old ones....

mcborzu Wrote:8 pages of posts already, lol...Sucks for us to develop without an iPad or even a touchscreen, also seems like these need some custom skins rather than hacking old ones....

I have one and I am not donating it. :p

I think you are right - I was about to strip Neon down to work, but a 3.5" or 9.7" screen just can't do justice to the current set of skins. Some of the bigger views (showcase, slide, etc) look good but I think there is a lot of room for some cool innovations that may or may not translate back to the big screens.

One thing of real note, the iPad is 1024x768 or 1.33, (the iPhone is 960x640 1.5). Compared to the 1.77 we have always worked with that's a huge impact when developing the skin.
-stoli-

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Night on iOS devices0