Incoming call displays caller's photos on TV
Hi,

First of all, I'd just like to say that the andriod XBMC app is amazing!
I'm using it with no issues on a HTC desire.
Last night while I was watching a movie, I received a call and the movie paused as per usual. However, this time when the call id was displayed on the TV, it also displayed the photo of the caller, which was seriously cool!
This is this first time I've seen this happen, with all other calls only the phone number came up on the screen.

Please can some tell me how I can make the caller photo come up every time?

Thanks

David
I guess it is a matter of how you had put the photos into the contact. If you have a single contact (not combined) and put the photo in there through the phone or google contacts, than it should work.
If you have combined contacts and or synced pics through facebook for example, then it will not work.

Google changed the API for contacts in 2.x and I haven't had the time to look into it and make it 2.x proof.
XBMCLive Dharma beta 2 running on an ASRock ION 330 HT
Interesting. Might be worth a ticket before it gets lost?
Running XBMC on my HTPC, tablet, phone and pinball machine.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forums before posting. Do NOT e-mail Team-XBMC members asking for support. For troubleshooting and bug reporting, make sure you read this first.
Hi,
Thanks for getting back to me.
The photo of the caller that came up on to the screen was a contact that was synced through facebook. However, it doesn't work with other contacts that I have also synced through facebook. I also tried with contacts where I have assigned them a photo, that I have taken with the phones actual camera and that didn't work either.
I'll keep trying and let you know if I have any success.
David
Is there any way to move where this information is displayed? I was testing this with a friend yesterday and his phone number was displayed like underneath the display for paused/current position of the movie I was playing.
The notification layout and position is part of the xbmc skin you are using. Either use another skin, modify the current one or talk to the skin developer to fix it.
I have seen this mentioned before about modding the skin to show this information the way you would like it. Where would I find this in the xml file?
I think that's the "DialogKaiToast.xml"
dialogtoskai i think
This function doesn't seem to work for me..

Do i need to be running a certain version of xbmc? I'm running one of the last dharmas before the beta.
What function exactly? You see the notification, but no photo?
Sorry,
no i don't see anything. it pauses the playing movie fine, but nothing is displayed on the screen.
which skin are you using?
Confluence.
Running on Windows 7... I get the sms alerts however it only shoes the number its coming from not the contact from my phone..

Phone is running Cronos Froyo 2.2
Hm, strange. Could you open a ticket on our issue tracker? And put some informations in there how the contacts are organized.
Thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Incoming call displays caller's photos on TV0