XBMC not picking up movie listed in IMDB
I have the 'Beastie Boys: Sabotage' dvd that I ripped as an ISO to my movies folder. It's listed on IMDB and I have that selected in my scrapers. But XBMC doesn't recognize it or something. The scraper works as it detected another movie. The filename is 'Beastie Boys - Sabotage'

Here's the info
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0167030/

Is there something I'm missing here? Is it because its not a film like Avatar or something?

Thanks
Desktop / Media Server: Win10 x64, ThermalTake Commander G42 case, Asus Maximus VII Hero, Intel Core i5 4460 3.20GHz, Gigabyte Geforce GTX750, CM M 1000w, 8GB GSkill, Samsung SSD 840 Pro 120GB, 2x WD Black 1TB RAID 1, WD 6TB + WD 4TB spanned, single 3TB

Intel NUC with Openelec in TV room.
Just a thought try removing the '-' from the filename (Beastie Boys Sabotage). Obviously you cna't use the character : in the name, but ignoring and having a just a space between the words allows a clean scrape.
Why don't you scrape it with ember? You can manually enter tt0167030 and find it.
Why add another tier to the scrape (xbmc has never failed to produce correct scrapes for me). Always found that a reasonable naming convention will produce accurate results without the need for 3rd party scrapers - can't understand the need for them myself.
I use Ember because of the control it gives me, I scrape the show automatically with it and can easily chose different fanart of posters. I've had a few movies like you brought up here where XBMC just wouldn't scape them correct. While I'll agree XBMC does a phenomenal job all on it's own. Even if you don't want to use something like EMM all the time, it's an absolute life saver in instances where XBMC won't scrape a title properly, or doesn't recognize it at all.
That may well be the case, but the point I was making is that with a correct naming convention xbmc 'will' scrape correctly and recognize the title (I would bet that any failure wasn't as the result of xbmc, but the naming of the file/folder). I have some non-mainstream movies in my collection and xbmc has never failed to scrape them. Having trawled these forums over the last few years, the vast majority of failures seem to be a result of incorrect/unusual naming conventions, as soon as you move away from that, problems invariably occur.

I wasn't criticising the use of Ember just can't see the point - and its as easy to download and correct fanart/posters within xbmc (and it can be done without leaving the GUI) as it is with any 3rd party app.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC not picking up movie listed in IMDB0