1080P does not jitter framedrop on VLC!
I have SRX running also. Will try to disconnect the second display.
fingon Wrote:... watching Avatar's opening sequence too many times..

Welcome to my world Smile
I get not much benefit from using the main Monitor only. Any other ideas?
I'm having issues of dropped frames only on FullHD videos too.
Videos that are played perfectly with VLC.

I'm running a custom mac (10.6.4) using a core2quad, and a nvidia geforce 8800gt for graphics, the videos are being run from an attached HD running at 7200rpm by USB. It has attached two monitors, a 23" and a Panasonic LCD FullHD LCD TV.

Im attaching my logfile with debug mode on, apparently changing the render method, vdad or changing the refresh rato does not help at all.

Settings used during for the attached log:
Render method: Auto
VDA ON
Adjust display refresh rate off
Sync playback to display off
Video post processing Enabled only for SD content

The Video was left running for about 5 minutes, dropping a total of around 600 frames most noticeably during high movement takes.

Any 1080p video I throw at it drops frames, and it seems to be using ff no matter what setting I use for decoding. No other problems with 720p or sd videos.

Please let me know what other info would be useful to provide, and thanks in advance for your attention.

LOGFILE
http://pastebin.com/xVrnMzad
I have no problem running 1080p files running with "0" dropped frames for 40+ minutes, except for the initial dropped one from starting the movie.

The only thing I suspect my Mac Mini is in combination with XBMC and 10.6.3 is jitter with DTS files when running XBMC from resume.

I wrote a HOW-TO:http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=87749
MBP late 2009 - TimeCapsule 2TB - Harmony One+ - Readynas NV+ 8TB RAID5 - Mac Mini late 2009 with 10.9.0 and VDA - Panasonic TX-PG420ES -
idioteque Wrote:I wrote a HOW-TO:http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=87749

Nice guide. How about moving it to the Wiki (where it should be on the first place)? Forum is not really a good place for guides. On Wiki you'll have the ability to modify it easily when required and the readers access is much better.
Backend: Windows 7 file share + MySql on wired 1GB
Frontend 1: ATV OSX 3.02 w/CHD 012 + XBMC Dharma 10.0 + CHD r174 on wired FE
Frontend 2: Intel Atom 330/2Gb/ATI HD4350 + Windows 7 + XBMC Dharma 10.0 with DXVA + MySql DB on wired 1GB
I am having very similar issues to those discussed in this thread. After not using xbmc for quite a while due to these issues I installed the latest xbmc hoping the problems may be resolved but I'm still having the same issues.

I'm using a 13" mid-2010 macbook pro and XBMC Dharma 10, osx 10.6.5.

Everything plays perfectly except for video files taken directly from bluray discs (for example, a 27gb Iron Man, 33gb Dark Knight etc) which are untouched after being ripped from the disc and are very choppy. Completely unwatchable.

CPU usage is typically in the 140% area and I'm only getting approximately 17fps.

Plex plays these files perfectly (although CPU usage is still higher than I expect it should be, around 80-90%).

Has anyone come up with a solution to this seemingly widespread problem?
Yes the main problem lies with the VDA implementation on 10.6.4 and 10.6.5 which is borked.

10.6.3 is the only version with good VDA support
MBP late 2009 - TimeCapsule 2TB - Harmony One+ - Readynas NV+ 8TB RAID5 - Mac Mini late 2009 with 10.9.0 and VDA - Panasonic TX-PG420ES -
Since these files play flawlessly in plex, is there a way to set the video to play in a different way that more closely resembles the way plex plays the files?

Or alternatively is there a way to set xbmc to use plex to play such videos?

(Sorry is these are silly questions)
Yes,

1: don't use VDA if not using 10.6.3
Quote:Originally Posted by acribb
I setup my new Mac mini with two partitions, one using Snow Leopard 10.6.3, and one using 10.6.5.

I have no playback issues whatsoever using either version of OS when playing back an uncompressed Avatar m2ts.

All mkv files I have played seems to play fine on 10.6.5 for me.

**edit**
I'll try out that alice.mkv from post 66 of this thread and report back the results - http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p...1&postcount=66
Ok, so **unfortunately** my new Mac mini is not special. I just tested using the Alice sample and using an uncompressed copy of Rambo. Both drop frames like mad in 10.6.5 but not using 10.6.3. Sigh. I guess I will stick with 10.6.3 for now.

It would be nice if I could update though.....

2: downgrade to 10.6.3.

3: change skiploop to higher value in advanced setting when not using VDA, so only using CPU to show h264
Anyone able to achieve any improvements with this issue in xbmc using the new 10.6.6 just released?
Hello to everyone, this is my first post here.
I've a Mac Mini late 2009 and 10.6.6.
My problem is related to audio sync using an external sound card (fireface 800) and xbmc.
When I use analog built-in audio system I've NO PROBLEM, everything goes fluent, perfect even at 1080p. When I switch to my ext sound card stutterings occour at 720p and 1080p are unwatchable with Vdaencoder enabled.
I downgraded to 10.6.3 without success. Maybe the problem it's on audio side (sync audio/video with external card/processor). The only way for me to watch mkv at 1080p is disabling vdaencoder (but leaving stutterings) or to use built in audio out and turning off my ht setup.... =(.

Thanks to everyone, xbmc + mac mini will be the definitive htpc when vdaencoder will work at 100% imho.
nate44 Wrote:Anyone able to achieve any improvements with this issue in xbmc using the new 10.6.6 just released?

Not on my early 2009 mac mini where I've just upgraded to 10.6.6 Sad

1080p stuff is just unwatchable with or without VDA on.

Looks like 10.6.3 might be the only option as I'm not sure anyone is actively looking at the issue here?
Is there a thread around here detailing how one of the devs is getting his hands on a macbook pro or mac mini with 10.6.6 to try and fix this issue? I swear I was reading it the other day and came back to check updates on the matter but can't find the thread?
nate44 Wrote:Is there a thread around here detailing how one of the devs is getting his hands on a macbook pro or mac mini with 10.6.6 to try and fix this issue? I swear I was reading it the other day and came back to check updates on the matter but can't find the thread?

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=76813&page=20

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
1080P does not jitter framedrop on VLC!0