Quick Dharma Rapier version created by me

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
nims Offline
Wink  Quick Dharma Rapier version created by me
Hi All,

I just updated to Dharma and was a little bit disappointed that the rapier skin was not there. I just thought, why would I not create a quick port for Dharma instead?

So I did and uploaded it to my own FTP for your enjoyment. I did not test it a lot, but the things I normally use, seem to work for me perfectly Smile.

I fixed the subtitles OSD to point to the new Dharma subtitles plugin by changing in VideoOSD.xml to "special://home/addons/script.xbmc.subtitles/default.py"

So for your enjoyment I provided a 50mb download on:
http://www.goedzo.com/xbmc/skin.rapier_nims.zip

Please note that I don't provide a lot of support on the skin itself, since I just used the older version. This is only a quick try from my side Smile.
find quote
Bram77 Offline
Skilled Python Coder
Nice! But the link is not working Smile
Does it have addon support?

[Image: widget]

Please add to my reputation if you find my posts usefull (+/- button below posts)
Ubuntu 12.10 minimal XBMC auto-install script :: XBMControl :: Xbmc XBOX Skins :: XBMControl for Android :: Owner of Sudo Systems
find quote
nims Offline
What do you mean the link is not working? It works here correctly.

It is http://www.goedzo.com/xbmc/skin.rapier_nims.zip

Maybe use save target as instead?

There is no new add-on support in the way that other skins provide it, but it is able to run any installed add-ons in the programs script. So to install new add-ons, just change the skin.

As I said, this is only a quick update to make it work as it was but not implement anything new Wink.
find quote
qualar Offline
Fan
nims Wrote:Hi All,

I just updated to Dharma and was a little bit disappointed that the rapier skin was not there. I just thought, why would I not create a quick port for Dharma instead?

So I did and uploaded it to my own FTP for your enjoyment. I did not test it a lot, but the things I normally use, seem to work for me perfectly Smile.

I fixed the subtitles OSD to point to the new Dharma subtitles plugin by changing in VideoOSD.xml to "special://home/addons/script.xbmc.subtitles/default.py"

So for your enjoyment I provided a 50mb download on:
http://www.goedzo.com/xbmc/skin.rapier_nims.zip

Please note that I don't provide a lot of support on the skin itself, since I just used the older version. This is only a quick try from my side Smile.

My mod is already updated to Dharma.
find quote
Bram77 Offline
Skilled Python Coder
nims Wrote:What do you mean the link is not working? It works here correctly.

It is www.goedzo.com/xbmc/skin.rapier_nims.zip

Maybe use save target as instead?

There is no new add-on support in the way that other skins provide it, but it is able to run any installed add-ons in the programs script. So to install new add-ons, just change the skin.

As I said, this is only a quick update to make it work as it was but not implement anything new Wink.

The link was www.goedz.com/xbmc/skin.rapier_nims.zip
You've corrected it Smile

[Image: widget]

Please add to my reputation if you find my posts usefull (+/- button below posts)
Ubuntu 12.10 minimal XBMC auto-install script :: XBMControl :: Xbmc XBOX Skins :: XBMControl for Android :: Owner of Sudo Systems
find quote
nims Offline
Oh yes that was a typo I made, and boy you are fast Wink.
find quote
eriksmith200 Offline
thanks for the updated skin Smile
find quote
bandelguy Offline
Fan
thanks for the dharma compatible skin....

CPU:- AMD FX 4100 Motherboard: Gigabyte 78LMT-S2 RAM:-4GB Graphics: AMD HD 7750 1GB DDR5 PSU: IBALL 500W Display: DELL S2240M Storage: 1TB
find quote
Henkske Offline
Thanx alot
find quote
nims Offline
You're welcome. Who is actually the owner of Rapier, and what are the plans for Dharma?
find quote
spiff Offline
Retired Developer
nims Wrote:I fixed the subtitles OSD to point to the new Dharma subtitles plugin by changing in VideoOSD.xml to "special://home/addons/script.xbmc.subtitles/default.py"

don't do that. simply use RunScript(script.xbmc.subtitles)
find quote
nims Offline
Well it would actually be better like confluence does it. Just let the user select the plugin she wants for the subtitles plugin. But thanks for this note!
find quote
eriksmith200 Offline
nims Wrote:You're welcome. Who is actually the owner of Rapier, and what are the plans for Dharma?

It's Scarfa, according to a post here he's working on an updated version:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=65895&page=13

he's not on the forum much, but that doesn't mean he's not working on the skin...
find quote
Errorist Offline
Is scrolling through movies which mouse wheel disabled on this skin?

It isn't working for me.
find quote
nims Offline
I didn't change anything, so please check the original rapier too. Please note that dharma has changed the original key-mappings, so it is possible that it doesn't work in any skin.
find quote