What exactly does "Video Postprocessing" in the settings menu do?
elitegamer360 Wrote:It works on my system when DVXA2 is enabled!

Nice day to you as well Wink

Regards,
EG.
Good evening EG
I do not agree with you. If the DXVA is enabled then the option (crop black bars) is not working and in the post-processing (ON) the noise in the low quality video is visible
Vagelis.................
SALAMINOMACHOS Wrote:Good evening EG
I do not agree with you. If the DXVA is enabled then the option (crop black bars) is not working and in the post-processing (ON) the noise in the low quality video is visible
Vagelis.................

I see...

I tested one of the old low quality videos that I had of "Top gear & Battlestar galactica S01" and DXVA2 was enabled, reduce Black bars by 8% enabled and Post processing on SD content only was selected. The video looked so much better and I was able to see it was smoother than without the post processing.

I understand a mix of options might give different results, but when ignoring the other options and working with the post-processing feature alone it definitely works.

Now you might have discovered something that might need some further testing before we can actually conclude that there is a bug somewhere.

Cheers,
EG.
Hi EG
I will check again
It's in the wiki http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Videos_Settings
Has no effect with dxva decoding.
The setting was moved to per-video after Dharma.
Always read the Kodi online-manual, the FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Kodi Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Well, it's pretty clear that, at the moment, XBMC does not offer much for SD and interlaced content.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
CrystalP Wrote:It's in the wiki http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Videos_Settings
Has no effect with dxva decoding.
The setting was moved to per-video after Dharma.
I agree with you 100%
Eventhough i am a very simple pc-user i realize that there is no any effect.
I have to buy a video-card for dxva. What kind of GPU you propose me to buy?
ATI or Nvidia. And how can i activate the DXVA through the video card?
Tks all for your attention.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
What exactly does "Video Postprocessing" in the settings menu do?0