• 2(current)
Rii Mini wireless keyboard
linuxluemmel Wrote:After 4 weeks of using the device I should say that I was a idiot to not buy it sooner ;-)

My thoughts exactly after 4 months. Not anymore when the right arrow stopped responding after 13 months of use.

Been playing with the Rii for 3-4 weeks and apart from not being as pretty as Dinovo, everything is better. And you can have 2 for the same money.
Can anyone else vouch for this Rii Mini ? I am just about to drop the hammer on one.
yep, been using mine for months, no issues so far. Plus i love the backlit keys.

cheers
HTPC 1 : Acer revo R3700 ion2 HTPC 2 :Apple TV2 HTPC 3 : Apple TV2 HTPC4 Acer revo R3700 ion2 Remote : x2 Riimote2
SERVER : 10TB Ubuntu Server 10.04, dual wintv nova hd s2 cards, tvheadend, Newcs, Omnikey reader, White *Sky uk* Card, Mysql Db, Sabnzbdplus, SickBeard, Couchpotato, FlexRaid. :cool:
--------------------------------------------
I have one, worked fine within xbmc live and windows.

Its a shame the alt key is in fact the right hand side alt key, this means you cant change tty or alt+f4 apps closed.

It has a laser pointer integrated which you may need to consider if you have kids in the home, those things can blind.
Has anyone tried the bluetooth version of this keyboard? I understand some other BT keyboards/trackpads (e.g. the Logitech PS3 keyboard) have problems with frequent sleep disconnects and re-connects and I wanted to ensure I don't buy something that can't be used with Ubuntu + XBMC...

FYI it's available for ~ $40 from here:
http://www.pandawill.com/bluetooth-wirel...37159.html
Vaevictus2 Wrote:I have one, worked fine within xbmc live and windows.

Its a shame the alt key is in fact the right hand side alt key, this means you cant change tty or alt+f4 apps closed.

You should be able to remap the key using xmodmap and xev.

Use xev to get the key code for the <ALT> key.
type xev in a terminal. Hit your alt key. You will see this. Look for Alt_R
Code:
KeyPress event, serial 33, synthetic NO, window 0x2a00001,
    root 0x10d, subw 0x0, time 13123587, (164,-13), root:(202,503),
    state 0x0, [b]keycode 108[/b] (keysym 0xffea, [b]Alt_R[/b]), same_screen YES,
    XLookupString gives 0 bytes:
    XmbLookupString gives 0 bytes:
    XFilterEvent returns: False

Map it using xmodmap by replacing XX with the keycode.
xmodmap should be in repo.

example, In terminal type:
Code:
xmodmap -e 'keycode [b]XX[/b] = Alt_L'
where XX is the keycode from xev

Note: you will probably have to be root to change keybindings.

Mine should be here soon. If I end up remapping the alt key I'll post how I did it. Unless you beat me to it.

z
drzoo2 Wrote:Mine should be here soon. If I end up remapping the alt key I'll post how I did it. Unless you beat me to it.

Any joy? did you get the RF or the Bluetooh model?
extrospection Wrote:Any joy? did you get the RF or the Bluetooh model?

Suppose to be here tomorrow, 11/19. I'll report! RF Model.

z
a friend and i both ordered a rf model....no issues and working great out of the box on 2 revo 1600's running freak darhma beta 3
WE ALL WE GOT
Any opinions on the RF vs. BT model? Both seem to be hovering around $40 right now.
I just got it today. The one I received has a slight change. It came with a smaller receiver and now has a cover over the hole were it was stored. Over all I really like it. Typing is really easy....similar to a smart phone feel. I would say easier than typing on my Nokia E71. Only small issue I found is the trackpad could be more sensitive. Even withe the mouse setting cranked.

z

btw..... <ctrl><alt><F1> drops to a virtual terminal. Not sure why the previous poster was complaining about this. Maybe the manufacturer changed the keymap?
soccermatt34 Wrote:Any opinions on the RF vs. BT model? Both seem to be hovering around $40 right now.

I am wondering the same. I'd prefer BT by default but others (e.g. Logitech mediaboards) have had problems with BT keyboards timing out.

Personally I had a keysonic combined keyboard/trackpad and I wouldn't recommend it to my worst enemy. It stutters, looses keypresses and is generally sluggish and imprecise, even at 2m distance to receiver...

Anyone with the Rii bluetooth version care to comment on their experiences, please?
If you think the touchpad for the Rii is slow I would like you to try this. I'm running XBMC on Lucid. It should work for other distros. This isn't permanent and will be cleared on logout unless added to a login script.

Open a terminal.

Code:
xset -q | grep accel
This will give you your current baseline as seen here.
Code:
acceleration:  10/1    threshold:  10
After playing I settled on to this value.

To change value to what I have, in terminal type
Code:
xset m 10 10

Test it out and report back!

z
I just ordered the bluetooth version from the link on page 2. Will let you know how it is when it arrives in about 20 days!
After playin a bit try this......

Code:
xset m 10 5

I think this is about perfect....
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Rii Mini wireless keyboard1