• 7(current)
Rii Mini wireless keyboard
billybarty Wrote:I have the Bluetooth version (bought from Pandawill.com). Range was a problem until I switched out the bundled USB Bluetooth dongle for a better one that I had; now range is OK (maybe 15 ft).

Unfortunately, it takes some time for the Bluetooth connection between the keyboard and the PC to sync up - maybe 1-2 minutes.

Functionally, it's a nice solution for XBMC - maybe the RF version would have been a better choice - though I worry about inconsistent reports about range on that one, as well.

Well I ordered a "Lenovo N5901" first because I read about connection problems then decided to get one of these anyway I'm using it at 13ft and it connects instantly and I've had no problems at all

I happen to be in a loft space which is 43ft and it will connect and operate at that distance seems to remain reliable at about half that but that's going through a wall as well one thing I will say is the further away you get the more important it is to be facing the dongle, I have the dongle on a USB extension behind my screen which is probably ideal
Current HTPC Lian-Li PC-C37 • Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H • Intel C2D E8400 E0 Stepping • OCZ Vertex SSD • 4GB Corsair TwinX XMS2 DDR2 • Corsair HX650W Modular PSU (Free Upgrade) • LG CH08LS10 Blu-Ray Drive • Scythe Big Shuriken • Acousti DustPROOF 70mm Fan
I just had delivery of my new toy today:
http://www.veho-uk.com/main/shop_detail....rticle=141

It works great in windows out of the box, but when I run XBMC I can only use the keyboard to navigate and not the gamepad (even though it all works fine in control panel in windows 7).

Any ideas?

Cheers
Have the RF version and it is flakey at best on the Boxee Box and HTPC. Really, it's unusable.
DravenGSX Wrote:Have the RF version and it is flakey at best on the Boxee Box and HTPC. Really, it's unusable.

Maybe you have a clone !?
Current HTPC Lian-Li PC-C37 • Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H • Intel C2D E8400 E0 Stepping • OCZ Vertex SSD • 4GB Corsair TwinX XMS2 DDR2 • Corsair HX650W Modular PSU (Free Upgrade) • LG CH08LS10 Blu-Ray Drive • Scythe Big Shuriken • Acousti DustPROOF 70mm Fan
>>X<<' Wrote:Maybe you have a clone !?

It would be a really good copy.
That's why they are called clones because they are exactly the same on the outside

Some might have some very slight differences

http://www.jandq.co.uk/uetuk/fake_rii.jpg
<ArnoldVoice>It is not a clone.</ArnoldVoice>
Hi.

*******I recently bought a Rii Mini and I've plugged in the usb receiver BUT I get an error saying: "usb device not recognized."

As I said, I searched Google and couldn't find any similar problems.

Anyone have this issue? I'm running Win7 64bit(and I plan to hook it up to a UMPC running WinXP as well).

Thanks

[EDIT] Didn't realize people were still posting in this topic. Derp. Removed the part making me sound like an idiot.

[EDIT #2] I just got the Rii working with my WinXP UMPC. Plugged it in and instantly works. Anyone know why my Win7 desktop wouldn't do the same?
Gemarock Wrote:Hi.

*******I recently bought a Rii Mini and I've plugged in the usb receiver BUT I get an error saying: "usb device not recognized."

As I said, I searched Google and couldn't find any similar problems.

Anyone have this issue? I'm running Win7 64bit(and I plan to hook it up to a UMPC running WinXP as well).

Thanks

[EDIT] Didn't realize people were still posting in this topic. Derp. Removed the part making me sound like an idiot.

[EDIT #2] I just got the Rii working with my WinXP UMPC. Plugged it in and instantly works. Anyone know why my Win7 desktop wouldn't do the same?

Probably a faulty port, try a different port
Is there any way of improving the range on these? I exchanged my first one for a new one as I believed it to be faulty.
The range was terrible, and went bad when you step around 1.5M away.

On my second one now, definitely genuine and same problem.
Oddly, when connected to windows, the range is about 3x better
I have one but cannot make it work the Alt+Tab combination on normal ubuntu desktop. Any idea?
I've been looking around for one of these and found them pretty cheap on Amazon UK.
Problem is, for one reason or another, they won't ship to Belgium No

So I turned to ebay, where they are equally cheap, but most of the ones seem to be branded RiiTek instead of Rii.

What's going on here? Are these fakes? Because the genuine Rii Mini seems to be manufactured and sold by Loftek, or am I wrong?

Some linkage:

http://www.loftek.us/whereToBuy.asp
http://gadgetgangster.com/forums/viewtop...?f=5&t=263
http://www.riitek.com/

Opendir of one of the eBay sellers: http://www.jandq.co.uk/uetuk/

edit: looking at the pictures, they're obvious fakes Smile
I bought the RF version of this a few weeks ago. It cost £25 inc. delivery and it's great. I have tried so many remotes/mini keyboard and they were all crap.

This is a great product, superb range, nice backlight and really solid built quality. I have only charged it twice - once when I got and it last night.
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products
Btw, the genuine (V1 or V2 have slightly different styles) come with a code to verfiy on the riitek website. If you didnt get a code then you have a fake.
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products
Piers Wrote:Btw, the genuine (V1 or V2 have slightly different styles) come with a code to verfiy on the riitek website. If you didnt get a code then you have a fake.

I don't believe Rii was the orignal manufacturer in the first place.
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Rii Mini wireless keyboard1