• 8(current)
Rii Mini wireless keyboard
Can someone PLEASE tell me how to put this into pairing mode? The range on the included receiver is terrible, so I got a better bluetooth dongle, but can't get Windows 7 64-bit to see my Rii.
RGB_Gamer Wrote:Can someone PLEASE tell me how to put this into pairing mode? The range on the included receiver is terrible, so I got a better bluetooth dongle, but can't get Windows 7 64-bit to see my Rii.

wait, is the version you have specifically bluetooth? There are two versions, one is bluetooth, one is some other RF connection.
Ned Scott Wrote:wait, is the version you have specifically bluetooth? There are two versions, one is bluetooth, one is some other RF connection.

I think it may be the RF version, as ther is an RF button on it, but i got it off ebay thinking it was bluetooth. The range is terrible on this thing - like five feet or so, and i have trouble with both the buttons and trackpad. Can anything be done about the range issue?
Maybe your system is putting off RF noise and interfering with your connector

Try a USB extension back (or a usb hub)
atari800 Wrote:Maybe your system is putting off RF noise and interfering with your connector

Try a USB extension back (or a usb hub)

I tried that before and no luck. It is very often i have to be literally a couple of feet away from the receiver and have to aim the rii right at it.
RGB_Gamer Wrote:I think it may be the RF version, as ther is an RF button on it, but i got it off ebay thinking it was bluetooth. The range is terrible on this thing - like five feet or so, and i have trouble with both the buttons and trackpad. Can anything be done about the range issue?

I had the same experience with the RF version. Threw the dang thing at the wall hoping that would increase the RF range. Didn't work. Ended up getting the Boxee box remote and using that with XBMC. This was all before I knew a Bluetooth version existed. Might someday give the BT version a try.
Hi, I've just ordered a mini HTPC (emachines ER1401) and would really like a functional mini keyboard / trackpad. I've been looking at the Rii Mini I6 Bluetooth Keyboard with IR Remote, but after reading this thread am a bit concerned as to how reliable these are.

Does anyone have one of the I6's? How good are they? In general are bluetooth keyboards better? For reference I'll be sitting approx 6-7 feet away from the HTPC

Thanks in advance
I have a mini keyboard similar (though cheaper) than the one you mention and I find it very fiddly to use and I don't like the key action. There's little feedback so you're often not sure if you've pressed a key.

I also have a Keysonic Bluetooth keyboard (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Keysonic-540BT-b...637&sr=8-1) and while it's considerably bigger (about the size of a laptop keyboard) it's lovely to use.

JR
Thanks for the info. I had a windows mobile phone with a flip out keyboard for a couple of years, so have no issue with the size. Really looking for something with keyboard and trackpad/ball around the size of a standard remote
The Rii I6 looks really nice. If I had any money I would give it another shot
I have the Rii Mini and I like it a lot. If you get it, DO NOT get the RF version. It is plagued with issues.
Ned Scott Wrote:The Rii I6 looks really nice. If I had any money I would give it another shot

I'll probably take the plunge then. Once I get everything delivered and set up I'll let you know my thoughts on it. Thanks for your help
RGB_Gamer Wrote:I have the Rii Mini and I like it a lot. If you get it, DO NOT get the RF version. It is plagued with issues.

Its strange there are such big differences between how well the Rii Mini works for different people I have an RF version and love it not had a single problem using it at 13ft - 15ft it even connects and works at 40ft but becomes more directional with the top of the keyboard needing to face the dongle

I think placement of the dongle is pretty important having it in the back of a PC somewhere isn't going to help I have mine behind the screen on a USB extension so its directly in front of me and not had a single problem
Current HTPC Lian-Li PC-C37 • Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H • Intel C2D E8400 E0 Stepping • OCZ Vertex SSD • 4GB Corsair TwinX XMS2 DDR2 • Corsair HX650W Modular PSU (Free Upgrade) • LG CH08LS10 Blu-Ray Drive • Scythe Big Shuriken • Acousti DustPROOF 70mm Fan
I have a general question about how these types of remotes work. If I get the USB IR version could I also use my harmony remote to control my HTPC in addition to the Rii remote itself? I'm thinking that it would be easier for the wife to use the harmony remote for everything that does not require keyboard input. Thanks
Gunserotti Wrote:I have a general question about how these types of remotes work. If I get the USB IR version could I also use my harmony remote to control my HTPC in addition to the Rii remote itself? I'm thinking that it would be easier for the wife to use the harmony remote for everything that does not require keyboard input. Thanks

Get the bluetooth version of the Rii. I use the Rii (for inputting text), and Harmony Remote (for all other functions - it's my main controller).
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Rii Mini wireless keyboard1