• 3(current)
Rii Mini wireless keyboard
This keyboard is also available from Newegg.com. While it is not the same brand, it is the same keyboard. You can find it at the following link: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6823852001
And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music. - Friedrich Nietzsche
uncola Wrote:I just ordered the bluetooth version from the link on page 2. Will let you know how it is when it arrives in about 20 days!

Uncola - thanks for volunteering to be a guinea pig Big Grin - looking forward to your report! Nod
Placed my order a few days back from Amazon, should be here soon within a week or less. Will be posting a very short review on how well it works with XBMC.
mobious Wrote:Place my order a few days back from Amazon, should be here soon within a week or less. Will be posting a very short review on how well it works with XBMC.

you should be happy...Nod
WE ALL WE GOT
mobious Wrote:Place my order a few days back from Amazon, should be here soon within a week or less. Will be posting a very short review on how well it works with XBMC.

which one did you get bluetooth or the rf one ?
bigdog66 Wrote:you should be happy...Nod

Good to know! Big Grin

johoja Wrote:which one did you get bluetooth or the rf one ?

Actually believe it or not I am not sure, I just assumed it had a normal wireless USB receiver thing like most keyboards and mice do now-a-days. Here is the product description, all it mentions is 2.4Ghz.

http://www.amazon.com/Portable-Wireless-...=de_a_smtd
I got the rf one from meritline for $60 I believe and it works great, both on my revo (linux) and my windows media centers. Love not having a trackball, no longer have to worry about setting it down in the wrong way and having a cursor go across the screen.

wow. so much cheaper now Sad
I have an RF one and it's okay but it has a few big drawbacks. One is the sluggish trackpad as other have noticed.

Also I've had some connectivity issues--- it never fails to wake my htpc from sleep mode but then it is often unresponsive for half a minute or so if I try to navigate the XBMC UI.

What I dislike most though is a lack of dedicated media keys--- they are mapped to function subkeys. I personally find that very inconvenient.

What I'd like to see is a second revision of Logitech's Dinovo Mini. The frequently lost bluetooth connectivity is VERY irritating as is the shaky and inconsistent responsiveness or the trackpad in UDLR "arrow key" mode. A convenient button for turning on the backlight (like the Rii has) would also be a plus. If Logitech can address those concerns and drop the ridiculous price I'd buy another one.
Windows 11 Pro, Kodi 20, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32gb RAM, nVidia 3080 ti
snarfo Wrote:I have an RF one and it's okay but it has a few big drawbacks. One is the sluggish trackpad as other have noticed.

Read the end of the third page. Fixed my "sluggish" issues with the trackpad. If your running Linux.
Ugh, my second Rii just died. Waste of $140.

It's just quickly blinking yellow, is there anyway to reset it?
Isn't it just in sleep mode? Have you tried pressing a few keys to wake it up?
@drzoo2 Yeah I saw that... should have mentioned I'm running Windows 7 64-bit. I imagine there are plenty of Windows hacks to accelerate the mouse pointer but since those tend to be global in nature I don't want to have every other mouse I plug in wildly careening around the screen :-)

Still looking for that 'perfect' remote... come on Logitech, get us a new Dinovo Mini already!
Windows 11 Pro, Kodi 20, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32gb RAM, nVidia 3080 ti
Well I just got mine in today and I got to say it is perfect in every way. I got the rf version, it's weight feels like a remote control, it's size is definitely perfect for a remote control, and best of all it has everything, you got your F keys, backlight, d-pad, trackpad, and even a laser pointer. I would recommend this mini keyboard to anyone looking for something as small as a remote which provides the full functionality of a keyboard. You also got the option to turn the thing 90 degrees so the d-pad switches to accommodate that.

Finally the range on this thing is perfect, some people mentioned it could barley reach 3 meters but I can obviously see it reaches much more than that. Its a bargain for 50 usd. Works out of the box, no extra setup needed and if anyone was wondering I got the rf version.
mobious Wrote:Well I just got mine in today and I got to say it is perfect in every way. I got the rf version, it's weight feels like a remote control, it's size is definitely perfect for a remote control, and best of all it has everything, you got your F keys, backlight, d-pad, trackpad, and even a laser pointer. I would recommend this mini keyboard to anyone looking for something as small as a remote which provides the full functionality of a keyboard. You also got the option to turn the thing 90 degrees so the d-pad switches to accommodate that.

Finally the range on this thing is perfect, some people mentioned it could barley reach 3 meters but I can obviously see it reaches much more than that. Its a bargain for 50 usd. Works out of the box, no extra setup needed and if anyone was wondering I got the rf version.

Which receiver did it come with? The small one like mine or the larger like the previous posters?

z
drzoo2 Wrote:Which receiver did it come with? The small one like mine or the larger like the previous posters?

z

Mini like one of these...
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Rii Mini wireless keyboard1