Starting fresh here...
Hey guys,

Just starting to put together a XBMC system and needed some advice.

Currently my set up is this:

LIAN LI PC-Q07 Black Aluminum Mini-ITX Tower Computer Case

G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Desktop Memory Model F3-10666CL8D-4GBRM

ASUS AT3IONT-I Deluxe Intel Atom 330 PBGA437 NVIDIA ION Mini ITX Motherboard/CPU Combo

LITE-ON Black 4X Blu-ray Reader SATA Model iHOS104-06 - OEM

A-DATA 500 Series AS592S-32GM-C 2.5" 32GB SATA II MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)

This keeps me at 5 cents under 500 which was my budget. Is this a reasonable build for watching 1080p video from a mounted hard drive? I don't have cable, only internet, so no tuner required.

If this is all well and good, which build of XBMC should i try to install? I would like to just boot to XBMC and read media off of either a mounted or networked drive.

Other than that, I'm just curious if this software can easily connect to drives on a Win7 and Mac OSX machine through my wireless connection, and if there are any good FAQs or How To's around that can give me a good explanation of how to set it all up.

Thanks!
use XBMCfreak live CD and you're good to got (see the linux subforum)

your setup is more than capable, but don't forget the remote; at the moment I suggest either the lenovo mini wireless keyboard or a logitech dinovo, whatever suits you best. if you're planning on using a logitech harmony IR remote please be aware that you need a 100% MCE-compatible USB receiver such as the HP MCE IR receiver (see ebay)
OpenElec Standalone --> Asus Chromebox 'Panther' --> Onkyo TX-NR709 --> Sony 55" X85C Android TV (also with Kodi!)
Asus Chromebox EZ Script
Kodi on Sony Bravia Android TVs
Everything looks good. I like the case, I am thinking of making a hackintosh out of that case, so pics would be nice.

What about PSU?
Hannes The Hun Wrote:use XBMCfreak live CD and you're good to got (see the linux subforum)

your setup is more than capable, but don't forget the remote; at the moment I suggest either the lenovo mini wireless keyboard or a logitech dinovo, whatever suits you best. if you're planning on using a logitech harmony IR remote please be aware that you need a 100% MCE-compatible USB receiver such as the HP MCE IR receiver (see ebay)

The ASUS AT3IONT-I Deluxe includes a remote and IR-receiver.
Audible101 Wrote:What about PSU?

The MoBo comes with a PSU built in, just plug it into the wall with a DC converter like a laptop, off the top of my head i think its 90W
ion_man Wrote:The ASUS AT3IONT-I Deluxe includes a remote and IR-receiver.

Yeah, i was wondering if that was sufficient for the OS
poofyhairguy Wrote:Everything looks good. I like the case, I am thinking of making a hackintosh out of that case, so pics would be nice.

I'll definitely post up some pics. I'm going to have to figure out what to do with the space that will be left open from the PSU, i may leave the brick that comes with the MoBo there or possibly drill in some mounts for HDs or maybe even another fan.... or just a screen... who knows.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Starting fresh here...0