Stacking VOBS when in "MOVIE" mode
<SOLVED> my file names were not to the xbmc specs I changed the names and every thing is Muy Beuno

so I don't see an option to stack VOBs when in movie mode. I browse 99.9% of the time in MOVIE mode NOT VIDEO library mode and I have a couple movies that are in several VOB files.

when in library mode they are stacked properly,but when in MOVIE mode and I have Fanart-Wrap on i have 5-6 copies of the movie in a row

-=Jason=-
Hello - Does this option in the views menu not stack them for you?

sharpe, I have that ticked, but it only stacks for me when I go to Videos>Movies> and I have list view on.

from the main menu I go to Movies, I use the Fanart-Wrap view and I do not see the stack option when changing the views from list> coverflow>fanart etc.

-=Jason=-
Are you sure that you're not in library mode? I'm only asking because the option to stack should appear in that menu for all video mode (non-library mode) views.
hrm.... I might be in library mode not sure I do recall that option I'll have to check when I get home, but I though I tried all options maybe I didn't

I wish I could see XBMC remotely as I have port 8080 forwarded on my router I can access my HTPC via SSH and control Sab, Sick, and Coup via web interface

-=Jason=-
I duno whats wrong with my setup....here are a couple screen caps

when going to video>movies I can change my view to fanart wrap and I get a single folder, but I don't get the backgrounds and extra info I get when going to Movies from the main menu.

and when in movies via the main menu here is my extra options

the libary mode is turned on and when I select it to turn it off I am taken to the videos>movies screen

-=Jason=-
Okay so both so those screens are in library mode - which seems to suggest that when scanning your source folders XBMC has added more than one vob file as the actual movie.

I'm no expert on this as I don't really use vobs but could you not stack the vobs using the setting in non library mode then scan that single file into the library?

Maybe someone else who uses ripped dvds like this can comment?
EDIT: my VOB were incorrectly named thus causing each VOB to act like its own movie......

im gonna check how my VOBS are named it could be a naming issue, if not that I'll mess with the advanced settings

on the wiki under advanced setting I found this lil bit of info I shall try it out tonight.
Code:
<moviestacking>
Contains a list "Regular Expressions" used by the File Stacking algorithm to combine multi-part files.

As of r24405 video stacking regular expressions must contain exactly four (4) capture expressions. Old one and three capture expressions are dropped (see log). More info on how the algorithm works is available here.

Default stacking:

<moviestacking>
    <!-- <cd/dvd/part/pt/disk/disc/d> <0-N> -->
    <regexp>(.*?)([ _.-]*(?:cd|dvd|p(?:ar)?t|dis[ck]|d)[ _.-]*[0-9]+)(.*?)(\.[^.]+)$</regexp>
    <!-- <cd/dvd/part/pt/disk/disc/d> <a-d> -->
    <regexp>(.*?)([ _.-]*(?:cd|dvd|p(?:ar)?t|dis[ck]|d)[ _.-]*[a-d])(.*?)(\.[^.]+)$</regexp>
    <!-- movienamea-xvid.avi, movienameb-xvid.avi -->
    <regexp>(.*?)([ ._-]*[a-d])(.*?)(\.[^.]+)$</regexp>
  </moviestacking>
If the argument action="append" or append="yes" is supplied, the default videostacking regular expressions will remain intact and the user specified ones will be added to the end. Example:

<moviestacking action="append">
    <!-- This expression will match movename1-xvid.avi, moviename2-xvid.avi.
         Be warned that it will likely stack sequels in a flat directory layout,
         so it is only recommend in a dir-per-video layout. -->
    <regexp>(.*?)([ ._-]*[0-9])(.*?)(\.[^.]+)$</regexp>
  </moviestacking>

If the argument action="prepend" is supplied, the default videostacking regular expressions will remain intact and the user specified ones will be added to the beginning. Example:

<moviestacking action="prepend">
    <regexp>(Title)(Volume)(Ignore)(Extension)</regexp>
  </moviestacking>
If no argument is supplied, or the argument append="no" is supplied, the default videostacking regular expressions are overwritten by the user specified ones.

-=Jason=-
Ah cool - Good to know you've fixed it Jason.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stacking VOBS when in "MOVIE" mode0