[ATV] Logos missing
I have had this problem for a while and am trying to figure out why it is happening:

When I run Pin's or Sam's Linux distro., TV show logos (logo.png) show up for each TV show. Nod

Running OSX, the logos do not show up (and show 'Missing Logo' instead). No

Some skins have a logo downloader and when using it, it seems to 'see' the logos as it says that all shows have logos (and therefore does not download them). Huh

Here is snippet from log showing it trying to load the logos. Hopefully it is something simple.......

http://pastebin.com/gH7GUmq4

If anything more is needed, please let me know!

Setup is: ATV, 4TB NAS, current SVN, Night and Shade skins (current).
Thanks in advance...
I don't have a ATV but I assume this would be the problem:

Quote:FileSmb->Open: Unable to open file : 'smb://192%2e168%2e1%2e102/MyComputers/TVSeries/30%20Rock/%2e%2e/logo%2epng'
unix_err:'d' error : 'Permission denied'

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
I saw that, but not sure how to rectify it??
Well the Devs don't like truncated logs, the top part of the log gives off alot of system information they might need....

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
I seem to be having an issue similar to the OP. My set up is as follows: 1st Gen Apple TV streaming via wi-fi from a library stored on a hard drive (WD Mybook) attached to my router (Apple Time Capsule). I have not been able to get TV show logos to load in any skin that I have tried despite the logo being present as logo.png in the root folder of each TV show. After some searching through the forums, the only thing that comes close to an explanation is something to do with samba. I am using samba to access my sources, but outside of that i don't know anything about it. One other poster stated that he fixed the problem by accessing his sources via FTP, but I am unsure how to do that with the Time Capsule. I noticed in a debug log that I get several occurances of an error related to my show logos that look like this:

21:51:36 T:53618176 M: 7913472 DEBUG: GetImageHash - unable to stat url smb://10.0.1.1/Media/Video/TV/30 Rock/logo.png

Here is the pastebin link to the full log: http://pastebin.com/aRqvjaCp

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

L.B.
I solved my problem with the logos. Since my setup is via a hdd attached to my apple time capsule, which is passowrd protected, I needed to have a passwords.xml file in my userdata folder. It ended up looking like this:

<passwords>
<path>
<from pathversion="1">smb://SERVER/</from>
<to pathversion="1">smb://USERTongueASSWORD@SERVER/</to>
</path>
</passwords>

Now the logos are coming in just fine.
lbbeurmann Wrote:I solved my problem with the logos. Since my setup is via a hdd attached to my apple time capsule, which is passowrd protected, I needed to have a passwords.xml file in my userdata folder. It ended up looking like this:

<passwords>
<path>
<from pathversion="1">smb://SERVER/</from>
<to pathversion="1">smb://USERTongueASSWORD@SERVER/</to>
</path>
</passwords>

Now the logos are coming in just fine.

Thank you very much! This also solved my my logos problem. I am serving my files through a Mac desktop with SMB sharing turned on and I am running XBMC on a MacBook Pro. Setting up the passwords.xml file enabled the viewing of logos while running XBMC on the MBP.
Glad I could help, I was pulling my hair out with this for a couple weeks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[ATV] Logos missing0