• 4(current)
Jetway Mini-TOP HBJC600C99-52W-BW - New Ion 2, Intel Atom D525 1.8GHz barebone nettop
Good point, that machine sounds totally awesome in a kind of overkill wayBig GrinBig Grin

If xbmcfreak is acting weird why not try the official xbmclive?

http://sourceforge.net/projects/xbmc/fil...p/download

Best of luck! No pain, no gain!

sebj
sebj Wrote:If xbmcfreak is acting weird why not try the official xbmclive?

the alsa of the official live image does not support HDMI audio with 2nd gen Ion, he'll have a harder time getting this to work

as far as I could see it, his problems were not with the xbmcfreak live CD but with windows
OpenElec Standalone --> Asus Chromebox 'Panther' --> Onkyo TX-NR709 --> Sony 55" X85C Android TV (also with Kodi!)
Asus Chromebox EZ Script
Kodi on Sony Bravia Android TVs
Problem is - I cant read the site.... I might wait till Dharma Live is completed... as it stands at the moment there is absolutely no way the Mrs will use it.... that makes my life a pain too.

Audio/video/control is the exact problem I had when I tried to replace the xbox.... maybe I'd be better off waiting for the Boxee Box... at least then XBMC will all be singing from the same song book.
if you need something for the missus and don't want to wait until boxee, why don't you give xtreamer a try?
OpenElec Standalone --> Asus Chromebox 'Panther' --> Onkyo TX-NR709 --> Sony 55" X85C Android TV (also with Kodi!)
Asus Chromebox EZ Script
Kodi on Sony Bravia Android TVs
To be honest I'll probably keep the Xbox running until I can sort something out.

Does anyone know of an english site on how to make USB boot device for Live? realistically via windows....
This should work but I haven't tried it. UNetbootin
Geeba Wrote:To be honest I'll probably keep the Xbox running until I can sort something out.

Does anyone know of an english site on how to make USB boot device for Live? realistically via windows....

a quick how to:

use windows to format the card in fat format

then use UnetBootin to install your iso file onto the card

you now have a bootable live stick

in your bios set your USB to be bootable

-=Jason=-
Sweet.
Has anyone got this working 100% with xbmc(linux)? Is it silent?

This box has just what i want (beside the fan)

Its finally for sale in Norway (2060NOK, not bad)

Just need a ssd and 4gb ramSmile

http://www.iwill.no/Barebone.236/IPC.239....1949.html
Ralph

I can definitely recommend the 4gb RAM and the SSD! - as you can see from my earlier posts the box has plenty of power!

I'm going to try Live when I get time as I've had no luck with win7 to be honest...

Its not completely silent - you get an initial bust of the fan when you turn the machine on but after that the fan is barely audible and off alot of the time... you'd have to stick your head round the back of the TV to hear it! Wink
I just picked this up from newegg with the bundled HDD promo and 4gb RAM.

I'm going to work on it this weekend and I can post some reviews then with some pics... it looks like the XBMCfreak live build makes the most sense, so I'll give that a go. It's my first HTPC since original xbox so I may need some help/advice Smile
Hello, I'm new to the forum but would really like to hear any success stories with the Ion 2. I've not tired XBMC Live yet, I'm not a Linux guy, not by choice, I'm just not coder, more of a weekend warrior on this stuff and Windows is my only option.

I've been struggling with a the Lenovo Q150 with the ION 2, my goal was to run Boxee, and now XBMC on windows, and it plays SD ISO just fine, but it does not play nice with HD video (straight MKV Rips with no compression). Now I did rip the .m2ts file and is will actually play in Windows Media player, but the results in Boxee and XBMC were the same as the mkv's. I don't want to say that the video stutters, but it's really more like the system is buffering the video in the back ground, and my tests were on a wired connection with files located on my WHS, now there are other issues with Flash and silver light but I'll leave that for a different forum.

For those that may not have seen this article, http://www.anandtech.com/show/3702/zotac...-than-ion1, it does point out a limitation in the NM10 chipset and the lack of bandwidth that may exist if the board manufacture hangs the GPU on one PCI lane. Of course this may not be the same for all board makers. Also Nydia’s current drivers will not install on the Q150, so I'm at a bit of a disadvantage compared to other Ion 2 users, I believe the zotac can accept the latest 258.XXX drivers.

Anyway, I’m definitely looking for options. So please keep us posted on your progress. And I think I’ll give the XBMC live a go.
Hi dbailey75 and welcome to the forum!

I have a similar setup by the sound of it WHS stores all my media and I currently stream to Xboxes and my test bed ION2 system.

I only have a small collection of HD but what I do have plays flawlessly on the ION2 Jetway Nettop - these range from 1.5Gb MKV DVD rips, 4.5Gb 720p rips and 12Gb 1080p, all only just put the CPU into double figures with the latest windows builds and even non DXVA versions only push it to roughly 40%.

If you go back a few pages in this thread you will be able to see the pictures I uploaded with the windows performance figures on, to be honest I was expecting alot less from the ION/Atom setup.. mine absolutly flies... it does also load the drivers from the nVidia website which helped alot.

I'm going to try Live too.
dbailey75 Wrote:And I think I’ll give the XBMC live a go.

USE A DARMA BUILD!!! NOT CAMELOT!!!

9.11 won't work on ION2.

Geeba Wrote:Hi dbailey75 and welcome to the forum!

I have a similar setup by the sound of it WHS stores all my media and I currently stream to Xboxes and my test bed ION2 system.

I only have a small collection of HD but what I do have plays flawlessly on the ION2 Jetway Nettop - these range from 1.5Gb MKV DVD rips, 4.5Gb 720p rips and 12Gb 1080p, all only just put the CPU into double figures with the latest windows builds and even non DXVA versions only push it to roughly 40%.

If you go back a few pages in this thread you will be able to see the pictures I uploaded with the windows performance figures on, to be honest I was expecting alot less from the ION/Atom setup.. mine absolutly flies... it does also load the drivers from the nVidia website which helped alot.

I'm going to try Live too.

Geeba, it looked like you were having some problems earlier in the forum getting the jetway setup and working well specifically with XBMC, did you end up using a live or are you still running win7x64... howd you get everything running smoothly??
poofyhairguy Wrote:USE A DARMA BUILD!!! NOT CAMELOT!!!

9.11 won't work on ION2.

I'm running 9.11 fine on my q150. It also runs on my jetway mini-top, but with no hdmi audio. Trying the alsa upgrade worked on the q150, but does not on the jetway.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Jetway Mini-TOP HBJC600C99-52W-BW - New Ion 2, Intel Atom D525 1.8GHz barebone nettop2