• 2(current)
Jetway Mini-TOP HBJC600C99-52W-BW - New Ion 2, Intel Atom D525 1.8GHz barebone nettop
Geeba Wrote:Thing that bothers me with all these small devices... where does the TV tuner card go Huh

It goes in the persons computer who's posting the file as a torrent/newsgroup upload an hour after it broadcasts so I can automatically pull it down using showrss. Big Grin

God bless than person.
Check out my new NAS/media server build here, my old media server here or my Atom/Ion 2 based XBMC HTPC here

http://www.somethingtangential.com
DLee00 Wrote:I just ordered one of these from Newegg. It should be here tomorrow. Smile

And and and ? Big Grin You got it yet?
Platforms: macOS - iOS - OSMC
co-author: Red Bull TV add-on
Geeba Wrote:if I move from Xbox i want a box under the TV that does the lot really... and it needs reasonable WAF to bag... Blush

"Doing a lot"

and

"reasonable WAF"

Are contradictions. Either the box just needs to do XBMC (and therefore you get live TV when the PVR branch hits like the rest of us), or you will club together a technical Frankenstein with a very low WAF.

Give up on it doing a lot and it being simple. Get back to the original purpose- replacing the Xbox with an HD version!

poofyhairguy Wrote:"Doing a lot"

and

"reasonable WAF"

Are contradictions. Either the box just needs to do XBMC (and therefore you get live TV when the PVR branch hits like the rest of us), or you will club together a technical Frankenstein with a very low WAF.

Give up on it doing a lot and it being simple. Get back to the original purpose- replacing the Xbox with an HD version!

Yep I appreciate that... but I'm still debating running windows7 giving me the one stop shop I want and XBMC for the WAF... but are ION's any good for this... I'd also like to run a couple of games... like Half Life series... would the new Jetway with say 4Gb of RAM and an SSD be upto this? You seem to be pretty good on the ION side of things.... Big Grin
Geeba Wrote:Yep I appreciate that... but I'm still debating running windows7 giving me the one stop shop I want and XBMC for the WAF... but are ION's any good for this... I'd also like to run a couple of games... like Half Life series... would the new Jetway with say 4Gb of RAM and an SSD be upto this? You seem to be pretty good on the ION side of things.... Big Grin

Yep. It would run a Half-Life 2 based game. I play CS:Source on my single core ION netbook.

I don't see too big of a problem running Windows 7 if you want things like games on the side. 4GB of RAM and a SSD would make Windows 7 very happy.

I was just putting forth my belief that any HTPC that doesn't boot from scratch into a single nice interface that is completely controllable by remote (like XBMC and a harmony) doesn't have a high WAF.

But soon XBMC will have a stable release with with the PVR branch making it so that it does almost every needed HTPC function except streaming media (which I think is overrated and I guess you could always hackintosh and use Plex to get that) and gaming....

How would you add PVR to a box such as the Jetway thou? as it has no tuner card?

Yep I'm still keen on a Live setup... I've run it before on a HTPC I bought last year but sold as it was just a bit to big... hence being keen on the Jetway.... it also has the highest WAF.

Except streaming media? lost me a bit there.... I stream everything from a server to my Xbox now.... Huh
Geeba Wrote:How would you add PVR to a box such as the Jetway thou? as it has no tuner card?

Get a USB tuner eventually.

Quote:Except streaming media? lost me a bit there.... I stream everything from a server to my Xbox now.... Huh

Sorry, in that I meant third party streaming media like Netflix or Hulu.

Soooo has anyone ordered one of these Jetways?

I'm kinda tempted to take the plunge... Is the 2nd generation ION actually any good?

Also is the only way to output sound on this via HDMI?? I usually like to go straight to the amp...
Just ordered one! Big Grin will the Xbox finally be moved to the bedroom? we'll see...

Ordered 4Gb of 800Mhz memory too... just try to decide now on 64Gb Kingston SSD or blisteringly quick Corsair F40 40Gb SSD.... hmmmm Huh
don't spend too much on the corsair... it has an amazingly fast write speed but that is irrelevant for HTPC usage. the kingston you mention is not a really good drive and discontinued. either get their 30GB drive which makes sense when you unscrew it as the circuitry is really tiny and will improve airflow, or get the excellent intel 40GB.
OpenElec Standalone --> Asus Chromebox 'Panther' --> Onkyo TX-NR709 --> Sony 55" X85C Android TV (also with Kodi!)
Asus Chromebox EZ Script
Kodi on Sony Bravia Android TVs
Bought the F40... it was only £90.. same as the kingston which as you say everyone says isnt that good.... I'll be installing Windows7 as well so will have fast boot up... oh well...

Read 280MB/s Write 270MB/s
Pics Please!!!!!

Its here!! - I've taken a few pics I'll post later... with 4Gb of fast RAM and the blisteringly quick SSD windows 7 literary threw itself on in minutes...

Does anyone know how the SSD should be run? ie. IDE or AHCI?

Also how do you enable TRIM?
AHCI!!!!!

Trim is on by default.

Few pics Wink

The obligatory unbox at work..

Barebone..

With RAM & SSD in..

Without to much tinkering got what I think are some pretty reasonable windows figures... I know these dont reflect real world but pretty good for a nettop!

That was 32bit Win7 - I'm just trying 64 bit now... Wink
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Jetway Mini-TOP HBJC600C99-52W-BW - New Ion 2, Intel Atom D525 1.8GHz barebone nettop2