• 17(current)
Jetway Mini-TOP HBJC600C99-52W-BW - New Ion 2, Intel Atom D525 1.8GHz barebone nettop
Double post
bile Wrote:Would this or the Zotac ND22 be better? Will the NG-ION really perform any better vs the extra CPU boost of the Celeron SU2300?

The JW will outperform the ND22 in Graphics. The ION 1 does not support the full adobe accelerated graphics package, plus the JW has 512KB of ddr3 built in supporting the newer ion2 accelerated graphics. Which means strap in 1 GB of RAM and it is all used for apps, not gpu mem.(geforce 218 equivalent which would be almost as good as a gt210 nvidia card) And when streaming video on-line, it will use less cpu usage if you install the flashplugin-nonfree. The ion is great but the ion2 is much better. Not to mention the JW will use less power, that celeron draws about 2-3 times more watts which means more $$ as well as noisey with cpu fans due to heat prodcution with those power hungry cores.

But the nd22 is a good product, just not what I would be looking for and I do have a zotac mini with dual core amd 45w cpu and ion in a build here. I prefer the JW, 1/3 the power usage and no difference in xbmc daily use including ripping BD. I can rip BD and watch a BD move at the same time with 1 GB RAM, this lil guy rocks and uses hyper threading if you use linux (Kinda like four cores, htop shows 4 cpu's). Just think what 2 gb would do, strap it down so it doesn't take off. Smile You can overclock also if you want. (2.0Ghz cpu coupled with 13% higher graphic performance, but you don't need it)
Thanks. More or less what I expected.

I bought the mini-top and found it to be underpowered for what I needed. So I went with a i3-2100t setup. Twice the price but I can use it to replace my old failing NAS too.

Which means I've got a mini-top almost brand new for sale if anyone is interested. http://goo.gl/wNUFL
Hey, has anyone managed to get the included remote working 100%?

I can't get play or pause to work correctly, and I would like to map some other functions to the remote, but so far, no luck.

I tried following the instructions in this [xbmc-forums] thread, but it can't seem to find the device (though if i blacklist it, it stops working, so I don't know what is going on).

Any suggestions?
I had the remote working perfectly using the hid_mapper utility in the link you provided until I upgraded to 11.04. Then I just got the message that hid_mapper could not find the HID device. I'm trying XBMC Live now...
With the internal wlan chip, Atheros AR9285, I have been unable to play 1080p video over NFS without hesitation and buffering. I tried off and on for a few weekd to get satisfactory playback and nothing eliminated the buffering.

I ordered the cheapest usb wifi dongle I could find, the Airlink 101, from Meritline. I caught it on sale for $9. I wondered how well it would play with all the other USB devices (4 GB USB thumb (system) drive, internal IR, USB KB, USB Mouse) After I blacklisted the Atheros, the install was easy in Ubuntu 10.10. I could not be hapier with this setup now. I can finally put the HTPC into my cabinet and not have to trip over network cables.

I agree with wha speed32219 said earlier, the internal wifi is poor. Don't expect to stream anything better than 720p with it.
I have tried XBMC Live on a flash drive to install and i have tried OpenelecTV and still haven't had any luck with setting up wifi so saw this and am going to try the way Speed3229 and josh4trunks put up here,i have one question...How do you add the ssh? do you have to download putty or something for Ubuntu?
Thanks
I give up! I can't get this working no matter what i do,tried almost all day to get this right and nothing works.
Has anyone tried the new 270.41.19 drivers? I'm curious if there's any advantage to upgrading to these?

thanks
digitalAir
Anyone having problem with this unit?
I bought something very similar. I think it's just baiscally the same thing except this one uses DDR3 ram

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6856107081

This is what I have.. and have some problem with it. Linux 64 bit freezes randomly. Tried XBMCuntu and Ubuntu but they freeze and crash the whole system randomly. (Weirdly, no XBMC crash log)

Tried 32 bit ubuntu, no crash but once in awhile, it pauses for about 5 seconds and resumes video. I'm guessing this could caused by over heating since whenever it happens, the fan goes crazy.

Anyone got it perfectly configured? If you did, what did you do to make it stable?
docmichael Wrote:I have tried XBMC Live on a flash drive to install and i have tried OpenelecTV and still haven't had any luck with setting up wifi so saw this and am going to try the way Speed3229 and josh4trunks put up here,i have one question...How do you add the ssh? do you have to download putty or something for Ubuntu?
Thanks
I give up! I can't get this working no matter what i do,tried almost all day to get this right and nothing works.

sudo apt-get install openssh-server openssh-client

Then if you have putty installed on a MS workstation just double click on the putty.exe program (Create a shortcut to desktop) and your good to go.
digitalAir Wrote:Has anyone tried the new 270.41.19 drivers? I'm curious if there's any advantage to upgrading to these?

thanks
digitalAir

Nope, no need to, everything is perfect. Could cause you some problems, and u do not want that?

I do have a bunch of addons installed, and I upgraded librtmp so now most all streaming is working and not getting incompatible stream errors. This machine ROCKS!
jangjong Wrote:Anyone having problem with this unit?
I bought something very similar. I think it's just baiscally the same thing except this one uses DDR3 ram

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6856107081

This is what I have.. and have some problem with it. Linux 64 bit freezes randomly. Tried XBMCuntu and Ubuntu but they freeze and crash the whole system randomly. (Weirdly, no XBMC crash log)

Tried 32 bit ubuntu, no crash but once in awhile, it pauses for about 5 seconds and resumes video. I'm guessing this could caused by over heating since whenever it happens, the fan goes crazy.

Anyone got it perfectly configured? If you did, what did you do to make it stable?

This thing is perfect for a stb! No problems at all, I have 3 of them, cloned each one, same memory modules (1GB $16.00), same 250GB WD Blue HD's. They run perfect, streaming flash videos, 1080p, 720p, anything I throw at it including streaming music and converting mpeg2 vids to flv from my video server on the fly out to the cloud to my droids (Cell and 7" tablet). No problem, including ripping BD's and watching one while it rips. Gawd, best investment I ever made.

If it is a heat issue, take it apart and add silver heat sink paste and re-assemble or send it back for replacment. Make sure your at A03 bios and set fan to low speed in Bios. You can check your temps using xbmc system info. If your need the userdata string for checking cpu/gpu temps ask here. Make sure you install lm-sensors and then run senors-detect and follow prompts.

PS. Yes, the newer ones use DDR3 that's the only difference, and I only use 32 bit since adobe announced that they are or were going to drop support for 64 bit flash. 32 bit works just as good for our apps.

Good luck.
godfreydanials Wrote:With the internal wlan chip, Atheros AR9285, I have been unable to play 1080p video over NFS without hesitation and buffering. I tried off and on for a few weekd to get satisfactory playback and nothing eliminated the buffering.

I ordered the cheapest usb wifi dongle I could find, the Airlink 101, from Meritline. I caught it on sale for $9. I wondered how well it would play with all the other USB devices (4 GB USB thumb (system) drive, internal IR, USB KB, USB Mouse) After I blacklisted the Atheros, the install was easy in Ubuntu 10.10. I could not be hapier with this setup now. I can finally put the HTPC into my cabinet and not have to trip over network cables.

I agree with wha speed32219 said earlier, the internal wifi is poor. Don't expect to stream anything better than 720p with it.

Is it an internal wlan chip or is it a pcie-mini up under the board? I was hoping for the later. Glad to hear you can stream 1080P!
speed32219 Wrote:This thing is perfect for a stb! No problems at all, I have 3 of them, cloned each one, same memory modules (1GB $16.00), same 250GB WD Blue HD's. They run perfect, streaming flash videos, 1080p, 720p, anything I throw at it including streaming music and converting mpeg2 vids to flv from my video server on the fly out to the cloud to my droids (Cell and 7" tablet). No problem, including ripping BD's and watching one while it rips. Gawd, best investment I ever made.

If it is a heat issue, take it apart and add silver heat sink paste and re-assemble or send it back for replacment. Make sure your at A03 bios and set fan to low speed in Bios. You can check your temps using xbmc system info. If your need the userdata string for checking cpu/gpu temps ask here. Make sure you install lm-sensors and then run senors-detect and follow prompts.

PS. Yes, the newer ones use DDR3 that's the only difference, and I only use 32 bit since adobe announced that they are or were going to drop support for 64 bit flash. 32 bit works just as good for our apps.

Good luck.

I see.. Do you use the minimal ubuntu? Also, are you using 10.10 or 11.04?
jangjong Wrote:I see.. Do you use the minimal ubuntu? Also, are you using 10.10 or 11.04?
minimal 10.10. Back a few pages is how to install step by step.
  • 17(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Jetway Mini-TOP HBJC600C99-52W-BW - New Ion 2, Intel Atom D525 1.8GHz barebone nettop2