How to display chinese characters ?
Is there a font file I should download to display chinese characters

Thanks
I've never tried this but it should be correct:

You need to replace the arial font XBMC uses in the media\font folder within the main xbmc folder with a full unicode font. (I'm not sure which fonts are best but taxigps might be able to point one out for you if you ask him).

Then you just need to go into Appearance settings and change the skin's font set to arial.
you should try this font: http://trac.xbmc.org/attachment/ticket/6...llback.ttf

rename to arial.ttf and copy to media\font folder
Works perfect. Thanks everyone for their input.
Digging up an old thread here....

Just added some Korean music to my collection....

Korean characters are not displayed with the default BackRow font. The fix in this thread works, however the whole XBMC installation looks less pretty without the default BackRow font.

Is there any clever solution that could provide the best of both worlds? Perhaps the most popular unicode languages could somehow be incorporated into BackRow SVN font by default?

Thanks Smile

I'm no expert on fonts but I'm open to suggestions
What font does BackRow use? I'm just wondering if there's a unicode version of it somewhere out there that could be included in the skin by default.This would let BackRow display Chinese / Korean etc characters out of the box. It seems a bit of a shame that Windows can display these characters just fine (with the right language packs installed) but XBMC can't without a major aesthetic hit.

The arial unicode solution works, but it really makes BackRow much less pretty than it's designed to be!
Well it uses all the fonts in the fonts folder at some point - unless you select arial - then it only uses arial. I suppose if you want to experiment you could try following the instructions laid out in this thread and test some replacement fonts for arial. See if any look the part.
(2010-08-15, 17:21)taxigps Wrote: you should try this font: http://trac.xbmc.org/attachment/ticket/6...llback.ttf

rename to arial.ttf and copy to media\font folder

Hi, Could you show me where is the Font Folder. Please Thank you

I found in system/library/fonts, is it this one?
it depends what you're running XBMC on - if it's windows for example it could be here:

C:\Program Files\XBMC\media\Fonts

(Assuming you have installed XBMC on your C drive in that location).
(2012-06-27, 07:11)Sharpe Wrote: it depends what you're running XBMC on - if it's windows for example it could be here:

Thank you, i got it work now
That's great - good stuff.Smile

Thanks so much!!! I can happily report I can see all my file names now be they in English, Korean, Japanese, French etc. Smile

ButacuP
(2012-06-27, 07:11)Sharpe Wrote: it depends what you're running XBMC on - if it's windows for example it could be here:

What if I'm using Kodi on Android? Where do I put this file?
can anyone point me to the font folder for android 5.1.1 using kodi 14.2

thank

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to display chinese characters ?1