dts xbmc and mpc hc
Hi,

I got the following strange thing happening.

DTS movies play dts sound in my xbmc like it should. But when i open the same movie from the explorer with mpc hc of wmp 12, it doesn't use dts but stereo.
I cant select the dts stream either.

What causes this and how to solve it?

ps. I use k-lite codeck pack mega 620

Regards
You need to configure both those players either to use SPDIF or analogue 5.1 if you have more than one audio stream it will have to be selected in the GUI of the player (mpc hc, wmp) when its playing

Its easy in mpc hc as its codecs are self contained unless you have changed anything but wmp 12 could be using anything as you have installed a codec pack, codec packs are crap especially if you don't know how to configure the player to use them and they have no effect in xbmc it uses its own

This has nothing to do with xbmc btw
>>X<<' Wrote:You need to configure both those players either to use SPDIF or analogue 5.1 if you have more than one audio stream it will have to be selected in the GUI of the player (mpc hc, wmp) when its playing

Its easy in mpc hc as its codecs are self contained unless you have changed anything but wmp 12 could be using anything as you have installed a codec pack, codec packs are crap especially if you don't know how to configure the player to use them and they have no effect in xbmc it uses its own

This has nothing to do with xbmc btw

Tnx, it worked partial. I uninstalled all codecs.
I set mpc hc to analog cause I use hdmi and not SPDIF. Now dolby d. works but DTS gives a strange cracking sounds.

Any idea why DTS wont work correct?

Regards.
SPDIF is also a protocol if you want a digital output through your HDMI you need to set SPDIF

Its impossible for someone to tell you whats going on it could be a setting in your drivers or it could be MPC HC and as you installed the k-lite codec pack you could also have another audio filter/codec inserted in the chain as well

If you don't understand how to configure codecs the last thing you want to do is install loads of them via a codec pack

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
dts xbmc and mpc hc0